How could this happen?

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

Hey people :)

I kinda forgot what i posted the first time around for my two ANs so... anyhow bah...

Anyways, here's chapter one of the sequel~

Like finally! :D and I wrote in POV, as requested in my poll.

Please enjoy this chappie and look forward to the next one!!! ^^

And for all those who haven't read the first story, please do or you won't understand this story at all :)

Just to let you know, I love you...

 

—Onew’s POV—

Where am I?

Why can’t I move?

Why can’t I remember anything?

Why is there someone… crying?

Who am I?

I feel so lightheaded and I don’t understand this. What the hell happened to me?

 

(A day later)

“Onew hyung, why’d you save me? Am I really worth this?” a sweet, angelic voice spoke to me.

Yes, I wanted to say to him, but my mouth wouldn’t listen to me. Heck, none of my body parts were listening to me right now.

But I noticed something. My name is Onew. That’s a good start.

“I caused you to be in this state. Because of my impatience and stupidity, you’re in a coma. It’s been quite a few days already, you know? Minho hyung is… he says that he feels really bad. But it doesn’t seem like it. He still had the time to come find me all the time and give me some presents or something. I don’t like it. He thinks that I’m some materialistic bimbo who’d go to him just cause he’s showering me with his gifts. Yeah right,” the boy snorted.

Well I’m sure that he’s done something bad, right? But who is this Minho guy? I really wanted to ask this boy, but as I said, I couldn’t exactly speak now. Hah. But really, I’m in a coma? I can’t believe this. Not a single bit.

“Dr. Jang told me that you’d be in a coma for some time. How long is that? He said he couldn’t be very sure, that once a person has been in a coma for over 72 hours, the chances of him waking up is really slim. Why?”

I’d like to know why too. I want to know what you look like, my sweet angel. Although I don’t remember you, but I’d bet that you were someone really important to me. How could I forget someone like that?

“I’ll talk to you another day, hyung. I have to return to the dorm to settle some things. Anyway, visiting hours are almost over and I need to rest more for my leg to recover,” the angel sighed. “Love ya!” I felt a light pressure on my forehead. “I wish you’ll wake up soon…”

I hope so too…

 

(A few days later)

Didn’t my angel promise to be back? How long has it been, anyway? I can’t tell anything from the real world now. All I know is that I’m floating in this empty space, waiting for my body to stop sleeping. Why did this happen to me?

The door opened.

“Onew hyung!”

This isn’t my angel. This is… it’s a country bumpkin sort of guy. But why does he sound so familiar? Did I know him before?

“Oh my god, Taemin was right. You look horrible. I just wanted to tell you that Taeminnie can’t visit for the next few days, maybe even weeks, cause we’re in the middle of doing something about this situation. It was bad enough that we were missing from the Korea music scene, but now we’ll disappear from the Japan music scene too? EMI Music Japan isn’t going to like this a single bit. Youngmin hyung is trying to negotiate something with them, ok?”

Who’s Taemin? What’s with this kid? Korea music scene? Japan music scene? Youngmin? EMI Music Japan? Who’re they?

“I know this is pretty dumb, but I just needed to tell you, arasso? Umma is the one in charge of you right now, so I’m sure she’ll keep all of us updated about your condition. And Minho is… well, I have to say, he has gotten seemingly better. I guess he really does feel guilty.”

Seriously, who is this Minho person? It seems like the people who talked to me keep mentioning him; in a bad way. Maybe he’s an enemy of mine…?

“But I don’t care. He caused this. He has to pay. I’ll still keep a close eye on him, just in case he does anything sneaky. That’s all for now, I guess. See you soon hyung. I’ll tell Choi Jin hyung to come visit you often. Youngmin hyung’s busy with the company since he kind of took over some while ago. Gyeongshik hyung has to take care of us. Bye hyung!”

Gyeongshik, Choi Jin and Youngmin. Right… But what did this country bumpkin mean by ‘just in case he does anything sneaky’? In what sense?

The door closed.

Again, I’m forever alone…

 

(A few weeks later)

“Hyung! It’s Eunhyuk hyung’s birthday today! Can’t you wake up and let us celebrate it for him? He’ll be leaving for his date after he visits you, right about… now. Please wake up…” the angel begged.

Yes! My angel returned! How long has it been? Who’s Eunhyuk? I have so many questions, but I can’t ask anyone about them.

“Onew, annyeong! I heard that you’ve been like this for a few weeks now. Its 4th April 2011 today, my 26th birthday. Can’t you just help me celebrate it? Just like last year, ok?” a new voice pleaded. I’ve never heard this guy before. But I guess this is Eunhyuk, right?

“And Onew hyung, my birthday’s in four days. I want to celebrate it with Kibum, but there really isn’t much mood within the group nowadays, without you and your weird body gags. Can’t you just wake up to make us all happy again?” this time, a slightly more mature voice said to me. Kibum would be…? And what group?

“Onew hyung, why can’t you hear us and just wake up? I really miss you but we can’t do much right now, and I can’t distract myself. So please, just… don’t leave me alone anymore,” my angel spoke. I would love to wake up if I could, you know that?

“Let’s just let him rest. This isn’t going to do any good for us, or Onew. If it’s not time, he won’t wake up. So I suggest we leave him alone,” Eunhyuk suggested. No! Don’t take my angel away again!

“I guess you’re right, Eunhyuk hyung. Besides, I still can work on my singing with Jjong hyung. You will let me do that, right hyung?” my angel asked cutely. Aww, isn’t he cute?

“Sure Taemin. I’d love to help. It was Onew hyung helping you previously, so you should be able to understand the fundamentals. We’ll work on your technique when we get back. Let’s go Key,” Jjong said. Great! I learnt two new things: I used to be a singer, and my angel is called Taemin!

“I’m meeting Hae in an hour, but it’s pretty far. He decided to go and look at fish on my birthday. I don’t get it, seriously. Maybe on his birthday, I’ll just drink strawberry milk all day long. Haha! I wonder how Hae would react. Anyways I got to go before I’m late. Bye guys, Onew,” Eunhyuk said and left the room.

“We’ll be going now too. Bye hyung,” the country bumpkin said.

“I love you hyung. Wake up soon,” Taemin said and I felt a soft pressure on my forehead again. Damn, why’d he have to leave?

The door opened, they walked out, and it closed again.

Why do I have this empty feeling in my heart?

 

(Another few weeks later)

“ONEW HYUNG!” a deep voice shouted, and I heard something that sounded like many footsteps and a heavy weight on my body.

“Dongwoon hyung… YAH! Get off my hyung!” Taemin scolded. That a boy, Taemin.

“Well we didn’t make it here on Kiki’s birthday, and it’s finally my birthday! 6th June 2011. How’s that? I’m finally 21~! And I’m legal now!” Dongwoon exclaimed excitedly. So I guess he’ll go around drinking now that he has the rights to buy wine?

“So what if you’re legal? You don’t even drink,” Taemin said.

“I can do whatever I want with Kiki without feeling guilty about it!”

Um, newsflash. If you were already doing it, it doesn’t really make any difference, does it?

Taemin seemed to make a fake nauseous sound. “Please. I do NOT want to know what goes on between you two lovebirds. Just keep this in mind: I’m kind of alone now, and seemingly sensitive to this subject, so I’d appreciate it if you tried to stop talking about your perfect boyfriend,” Taemin scoffed. Pretty good at an argument, huh?

“Fine. I’ll tell Kiki to come over now. Onew hyung, get well soon! It’s been almost four months. Please stop keeping Taemin like this, sad and somewhat depressed, ok? Bye!” Dongwoon ran out before Taemin could do anything.

“Aish, sometimes I swear he acts like he’s younger than me. Oh well…” Taemin sounded sad. “Did I mention that I’ll get my cast removed on my birthday?”

What cast?

“I can’t believe that it’s already been five months plus since I was shot by Frank. Seems pretty ironic now, doesn’t it? I was constantly in the hospital and you blamed yourself, but at least I was conscious. Look at you, hyung. You’re in a worse state than I ever was,” Taemin said bitterly. I heard soft sobbing from him.

Don’t cry Taemin! It’s my fault that you’re so sad now…

Wait. Did he just say that he was SHOT? As in by a freaking GUN?

“But look on the bright side. At least I’ll be able to dance again. At first I was supposed to be able to take it off in mid-June, but since you pushed me away from the car, it seemed to have gotten slightly worse again. So now, I got to wait another month. Let’s hope you wake up then, ok?”

It’s not as if I don’t want to wake up. So I’ve found out another thing; Taemin is a dancer. And also, we had some sort of car accident. Maybe that’s why I’m like this.

“Well the visiting hours are nearly over. I swear it’s so hard to come to the hospital in the morning since fans are constantly stalking me. They seem to figure that since I was close to you, I might know where you are. That is so true, but I don’t really need an army behind me right now…” Taemin complained. He’s being stalked because of me?

Or is it because we’re both famous people?

“I’ll be going now. I’ll see when I can visit you. Maybe on Wook hyung’s birthday, two weeks later? Yesung hyung has been clamouring to visit you and show you Kkoming. Oh right, I didn’t tell you, did I? Yesung hyung had to give Ddangkkoma away cause he was getting really big, so he was given away to COEX Aquarium. He decided that Ddangkkoming and Ddangkkomaeng were getting lonely, so he bought a dog and named it Kkoming. It’s a Chihuahua-Pomeranian mix, but still so adorable! Nowadays, when my umma isn’t free, I bring Eve over to Yesung hyung’s house and let them play with each other. His family doesn’t seem to mind,” Taemin told me, brightening up pretty obviously. That’s a very good thing. I don’t seem to like Taemin being sad.

“It’s getting late. Key umma will kill me if I don’t reach home before 10pm. Bye hyung! Love ya,” Taemin exclaimed and I felt a pressure on my forehead, just like when Eunhyuk visited.

I don’t want you to leave!

And then I heard the door close.

 

(On Ryeowook’s birthday)

“Onew!”

I heard two people, both seemingly deep-voiced, calling me.

“Shh. Mrs. Kim can only help us until here. If another nurse comes in because we’re too noisy, then you guys will be kicked out and they might even keep your beloved children for you,” Taemin warned. That seemed to quiet them.

“Well. Onew, you look terrible!” one of them said.

“Yesung hyung, I’m sure he’s had enough of that,” Taemin said dryly.

“I agree. Sungie, can’t you be more sensitive? Tsk,” the other guy chided.

“See? Wook hyung is normal. I mean Onew hyung has been hooked onto these machines for a good four months now, and no one even knows when he’ll wake up. I’m sure he’d like it if people stop criticizing him,” Taemin said.

I really agree with that. Whoever visited me these past few times have always said that I looked horrible. What can I do?

“Fine. Kkoming, meet Onew!” Yesung exclaimed excitedly and I felt a weight on my stomach. Then that weight started moving around. Weird…

Next thing I knew, my face was getting by the puppy.

But why did this feel so familiar?

“I would play with the other two kids, but they don’t do much. Ddangkkoming, Ddangkkomaeng, race against each other!” Yesung ordered. From the lack of enthusiasm, I’m guessing that they didn’t exactly listen to him.

“Like you said on that interview, they only make you feel lonelier. That’s why I’m here! Come on kids~!” Ryeowook encouraged and clapped his hands.

“Whoa! They listen to you!” Yesung stated in shock.

“I bet they’ve never listened to you, right hyung?” Taemin teased cheekily.

“Yah! But that is true…” Yesung sighed. “I guess they never have. But Ddangkkoma was reluctant to see me go when I gave him to COEX Aquarium. That has to stand for something, right?” Yesung asked hopefully.

“Maybe it’s just cause you’re the only person he knew,” Taemin suggested.

“That’s depressing,” Yesung said sadly.

I guess it was. If you kept a pet for some semblance of time, you’d expect it to at least listen to you, right? But Ddangkkoma didn’t. Oh well.

“We’re heading off for our date now. Sungie claims to have a surprise for me,” Ryeowook squealed excitedly. After a moment, he seemed to remember something. “Taemin, I didn’t mean to, you know, make you feel bad about this. Don’t worry, Onew will wake up. It’s just a matter of when,” Ryeowook reassured Taemin.

“Thanks hyung. Well go off now! I wouldn’t want your plan to be ruined. I’ll call Mrs. Kim to help sneak you out,” Taemin told them and pressed a button on my bed.

“You guys done?” a new voice, this time female, asked.

“Yeah. Thanks Mrs. Kim!” Ryeowook thanked and said bye to me. Yesung did the same.

“Onew still the same?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Yeah… but I have faith in hyung. He promised me that he’ll never leave me. I trust him,” Taemin said, taking his stand firmly.

“That’s good, but don’t tire yourself out. Kibum told me that you’ve been crying yourself to sleep. You know that isn’t good for your health, arasso?” Mrs. Kim said.

“I know. I’ll try to be more optimistic. Thanks Mrs. Kim!” Taemin exclaimed cheerfully. I heard a long sigh before the door closed.

Once it did, Taemin broke down again.

“How am I supposed to be upbeat? Optimistic? There’s an idiot in the group who thinks that he can get me to love him but I never will! Why can’t that bastard understand?! There’s only room in my heart for one, and that’s not him. Screw him,” Taemin said, gradually getting softer. “Just screw him…” and then all I could hear was the sound of Taemin crying.

After what seemed like forever, Taemin stopped.

“I’ll talk to you some other day, hyung. Let me try to be a bit happier first, ok?” Taemin asked.

Sure, I’d love to hear you being happy again.

“Bye hyung,” Taemin said, getting up and leaving.

He didn’t even bother to say ‘love ya’ anymore. He must be really tired of all this.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

That was how my days passed, with my friends visiting me on their birthdays with their lovers. Just a while ago, Taemin’s cast was removed. I feel happy that he can dance again. He seems to be a whole lot happier since he resumed dancing.

Taemin was super excited when his cast was removed.

I really wish I could have seen his face.

Now, Taemin was back to his old self, leaving me with a ‘love ya!’ and a peck on the forehead.

I’ve learnt way more about my life now. I used to be in a group, SHINee. Not just that, I was their leader. We were pretty famous and Eunhyuk was from Super Junior, a sunbae group. In short, people usually call them SuJu.

They released an album, ‘Mr. Simple’, in August.

And Dongwoon was from B2ST, another boyband from a different company. They released the album ‘Fiction and Fact’ in May.

I was also introduced to people like 4Minute, G.Na, IU, DBSK, and JYJ. They all seemed to have known me quite well, better than I knew myself.

I wonder when I’ll wake up. I hope it’ll be soon.

But what if, just what if, I can’t remember any of this when I woke up?

What if I don’t remember people like Eunhyuk, Dongwoon, Ryeowook, Yesung, Doojoon, Yoseob, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Leeteuk, Heechul, Donghae, Shindong and all the others? What if I forget… what if I forget Taemin?

What would I do when I wake up?

What can I do?

 

----------------------------------------

 

(On Key’s birthday)

“Yah, Lee Jinki! Wake up now or else! It’s my birthday. Can’t you just do me this favour, in return for all those that I’ve done for you? Cleaning our room, and being SHINee’s umma for three years now. You didn’t even wake up to celebrate our anniversary four months ago! It’s been seven months, babo. When do you intend to ever open your eyes again?” Key asked me angrily. I could hear someone punching the wall – probably Key.

“Key hyung’s right… it’s been so long but there hasn’t been any difference. Did you know that Key hyung had to help me bathe cause you weren’t there? I’m just glad it wasn’t Minho hyung. That ,” Taemin cursed.

Yah! Don’t be so disrespectful, no matter how bad he’s been. That makes you just as bad.

“I can’t talk anymore. Jjong’s bringing me out for a feast of my favourite foods. Onew hyung, wake up so that you can eat chicken already, please. We’ve been praying every week, to all our various religions’ gods. Just wake up already. Bye, Taeminnie,” Key sighed and walked out. I could hear the heavy trudging of his feet.

“Hi hyung. Did I ever tell you that Heechul umma enlisted in the army? It’s strange that they put him in before Teuk hyung. Now I’m left with Key umma, and my real umma. Heechul umma used to do everything for me, and he made Key hyung somewhat happier. Now we’re all down because one of our family members is gone. Can’t you wake up and fill up the empty space in our hearts? Heechul hyung has been hoping for that since he left,” Taemin told me sadly.

I’m sorry Taemin.

Hyung was weak.

I couldn’t keep my promises to you.

But not anymore. When I wake up, I’ll make sure that I can keep all of my promises. I swear.

“I’m tired of this, hyung. I’ll be back on Hae hyung’s birthday, and I’ll bring Yoogeun when it’s his birthday. Just wake up cause our baby has been waiting for you for so long. He asks why the funny Onew appa hasn’t been visiting him for so long,” Taemin told me, laughing bitterly.

Yoogeun… our baby? As in SHINee’s, or ours?

“I’ll be going first. Bye and I love ya,” Taemin said and did the routine pecking on my forehead.

 

(On Onew’s birthday)

“ONEW APPA!”

And then I felt baby Yoogeun on me.

He turned four just a few weeks back.

So I found out that SHINee did a program, ‘Hello Baby’, at the beginning of last year. Yoogeun was our cute baby. And I have to agree, he was adorable!

“Why Onew appa never wake up?” Yoogeun asked.

“Onew appa will, but now isn’t the time, Yoogeun. But if Onew appa knows that you’re here, I’m sure that he would wake up as soon as possible, ok?” Taemin asked.

“Ne!” Yoogeun replied cutely.

“Hyung, I bought all sorts of chicken for you to eat. I know that you will never forget your love for chicken, right? So wake up and dig in!” Taemin exclaimed, but I knew that voice. He had nearly lost hope. Maybe it was because Minho’s birthday had been a few days back and he was forced to celebrate it with his worst enemy.

“If Onew appa don’t want, Yoogeun want!” Yoogeun exclaimed excitedly.

“Here,” Taemin said. If I didn’t have this damn oxygen mask on my face, I swear I would smell the chicken. Screw my life.

After what seemed like forever, they managed to finish whatever chicken they brought. Well, given that Jonghyun and Key popped out of nowhere a while ago.

“I would celebrate more, hyung, but there isn’t a point. You’re not going to wake up today,” Taemin admitted dejectedly, and he lifted my oxygen mask before kissing me on the lips, and then he put the mask back. I heard the heartbeat monitoring machine beep like crazy. It was accurate all right. VERY accurate for what I felt like right now.

“Omo! I won’t do that again, Mrs. Kim! I didn’t expect this,” Taemin apologised.

“It’s normal. See you soon Taemin,” Mrs. Kim said.

“Alright. Bye hyung, Mrs. Kim,” Taemin said and ran off.

Dammit. Why did I have to be hooked up to this damn machine?

 

(On Kyuhyun’s birthday in 2012)

“Onew!”

I have no idea how many people there are in the room right now. Frankly speaking, I’m kind of freaked out by this.

“Onew hyung, Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Siwon hyung have come to visit you,” Taemin said.

“Yeah~! Today’s my birthday and Siwon’s birthday is in a few days too, so we came to visit you together. You’d better wake up!” one of them threatened playfully.

“I’m still older than you, babo. Have some respect,” Siwon scolded.

“Siwon’s right, Kyu.” I’m guessing this is Sungmin?

“Fine. Thanks for ganging up against your own boyfriend,” Kyuhyun complained.

“Serves you right hyung,” Taemin joined in.

“Yah!” Kyuhyun protested.

“It’s your fault Kyu,” Sungmin teased.

“You’ll be in big trouble when we get home,” Kyuhyun warned.

“Oops,” Sungmin gulped.

“When Teukie hyung hears you guys, you’re both screwed,” Siwon reminded them.

“It’s my birthday. What can he do?” Kyuhyun retorted.

Siwon just sighed.

Kyuhyun seemed pretty rebellious-like to me. I heard that he’s the maknae of SuJu. Doesn’t really seem like that to me…

“Will you guys stop your mini squabble already?” Taemin asked, annoyed.

Yah, babo, don’t be so pissed off at them. They’re just trying to lighten the mood.

“I apologise for them, Onew-ah,” Sungmin apologised.

There’s no need to. I don’t really mind at all!

“Well we’d better get going then. Siwon has to go find his beloved Kibum and we have some plans to go gaming before eating together. Bye Onew! Get well soon! Taemin’s been completely miserable without you. Just saying,” Kyuhyun said and ran off.

“Bye Onew. Wake up quickly arasso?” Siwon asked.

Yeah, I’ll try my best.

“Taemin misses you so stop sleeping!” Sungmin scolded me in a worried tone.

I know. I’ll wake up as soon as I can. Thanks hyung.

Then the three of them left the room and only Taemin was left.

“Hyung, did I mention that Victoria noona was sent for therapy? She really felt guilty, unlike Minho hyung, and she really did repent. Now she’s with Frank hyung, living her life pretty happily. She’s afraid to visit, but I’ll bring her over next week, ok? And Valentine’s Day is coming up. I’ll make sure that I’ll have my privacy when it does come, arasso? Then we’ll celebrate it like we used to; going for a picnic and playing random arcade games. I’ll arrange everything, so all you have to do is to wake up. I’m begging you, hyung, stop leaving me alone already,” Taemin said, more to himself than to me.

Who are Victoria and Frank? Why does the name Victoria sound so damn familiar? And Valentine’s Day… we celebrated it together? That means Taemin and I was a couple! I know that homouality is kind of wrong but… I felt glad when I heard what he said.

“I know I can’t force anything. I just hope that Minho hyung will leave me alone. With Valentine’s Day approaching, he seems to be sticking himself to me even more than before. And he’s learning from you, what with all the flowers that he’s been giving me,” Taemin sighed.

I used to know about flowers?

“I’m glad that he hasn’t visited, since he would probably try to do something like, I don’t know, harm you or something. If he does, I’ll make sure he never sees the day again,” Taemin swore.

Chill, Taemin. You aren’t the person I’m used to. What kind of person is Minho?

“I’ll be going first then. We’re celebrating a belated birthday for Victoria noona. I hope you can join us for the March birthdays, ok?” Taemin asked.

I’d love to. I want to see all my friends’ faces, those who’ve been visiting me for the past year. People like Kibum, Jonghyun, and Taemin. Especially Taemin.

“Bye hyung. I love you,” Taemin said and gave me a peck on the forehead again.

Bye Taemin. I’ll hear from you soon then.

 

(Valentine’s Day)

“Onew hyung, as promised, I came here alone. Do you still remember what happened on this day, exactly one year ago? It was the accident,” Taemin reminisced.

The accident that got me in this state.

Sure, I know of it.

But I don’t remember it.

“Well, we can’t celebrate, can we? I know I said that I would set things up, but it turns out that I didn’t know how to. I could easily use your phone to find some contacts, but I didn’t feel like planning anything when you were in this state,” Taemin told me.

I’m sure you didn’t, huh?

Wait… why did the door just open? And why was there a click?

“Hey Taemin,” an unknown voice greeted him.

“M-Minho hyung…?” Taemin asked, his voice suddenly quivering in fear.

So this was the guy. The one who caused all this.

Why was Taemin so afraid?

“I swear, I’m tired of all this. I know that you requested for the entire day alone with Onew hyung. Not even the nurses will come in, right? So it doesn’t matter if I do THIS!” Minho growled and I heard Taemin scream. What just happened?

“No, Minho hyung. NO! IT HURTS!” Taemin shrieked in pain.

“It’s alright, you won’t feel anything after a while,” Minho reassured Taemin.

“Onew hyung, Onew hyung…” Taemin chanted.

“Shut up and moan my name, you bloody . I’m sure you go around offering yourself up to anyone you like to. So why don’t you moan my name? Damn you,” Minho grunted.

I could hear Taemin crying and whimpering.

But even with all that, Taemin never stopped saying my name.

I felt my heart breaking for Taemin, for my uselessness. All I could do was lie here and hear my lover cry and call out my name, begging me to wake up and help him.

“That felt good,” Minho said, satisfied.

“O-Onew hyung…” Taemin called out my name. I could hear from his voice that he was terrified – scarred by this experience.

For god’s sake, Minho, if you claim to love him, why him?

“I see that you haven’t learnt your lesson, huh? Well then, time for round two,” Minho said. I could imagine the menacing grin that he’d have on his face right now.

“No, no, no. ONEW HYUNG, SAVE ME!” Taemin cried out.

And the process repeated all over again. When round two was over, I think Minho finally stopped.

“Huh. You’re bleeding. Guess you were a after all. That’s too bad then. I guess I was wrong. Oh well, it’s not like it made any difference. The only thing that could happen is you being scarred or something. I could live with that. I’m going to take a bath now, so don’t disturb me,” Minho warned and I heard the toilet door close.

“Onew hyung, why? Why’d he have to me, twice in a row?! Why doesn’t he know that something very bad could happen? That we… we didn’t exactly have safe ?” Taemin asked. He went to lie down beside me, hugging me tightly in fear. I could feel his small body trembling.

Minho, you’re going down.

 

(A few days after Valentine’s)

“Morning hyung. I slept here last night,” Taemin said, trying to sound cheerful.

Why’d he sound so… dead?

“I just wanted to tell you that Gikwang hy-” Taemin just stopped and he ran off, probably to the toilet, since I could hear him vomiting.

There’s something wrong here.

Taemin was vomiting.

He was only a week or two ago.

I remember something now. Finally!

 

[Flashback]

I was going to bathe with Taemin since we didn’t have much time before we had to go for our next schedule. At the time, we weren’t together yet. This was when ‘Juliette’ was released.

I stepped into the shower with Taemin and noticed that his had blood on it.

I freaked out.

“Taemin! What happened to you?!” I shrieked, pointing at his .

“What? What happened?” he asked, completely clueless.

“Why are you bleeding?!” I asked, super worried for him.

“I… I am? But it isn’t supposed to be so soon… Oh wait, I think it is. What date is today?” Taemin asked me curiously.

“25th January I think,” I replied.

“Oh, then its right,” Taemin said to himself. Then he picked his underwear up and looked at it. It was then that I noticed the bloodstain on it as well. I looked at his white pants. It was stained too.

“. God dammit, why now? Ugh!” Taemin threw his arms into the air in annoyance.

“So why are you bleeding?!”

“I have a confession to make, hyung. I was born with both female and male reproductive organs. But the thing is… I guess the male organs were more… how to explain it, dominant? Something like dominant, I guess. That’s why I have a and no s. But all the same, a womb, ovaries and all those exist in me. I was born without a , so in order for me to have menstruation properly, the doctors performed a surgery to kind of make it such that the blood will come out of my instead of the . If they didn’t do that, I would get a very serious infection. They told my umma about all this when I was born and seemed to have some problem. Umma was given two choices: to keep me like this or send me for surgery to remove one gender’s reproductive organs. She chose to keep me like this, saying that no matter what, I was special, I was her son. I never complained about anything though. No one knows about this except for my direct family and Key umma. So please don’t tell,” Taemin pleaded with me.

I was stunned. So this was the problem.

“Sure, I won’t tell. How did Key find out?”

“He keeps the dorm in order, remember? Then he stumbled across my pads one day and I had to tell. Speaking of which, can you get a new pair of shorts, underwear and a pad for me?”

“I’ll tell Key,” I decided that I wouldn’t rummage through his stuff and risk the other members finding out about this big secret.

After I finished bathing, I quickly told Key about what happened. Immediately, he went to Taemin's closet and took everything that he needed before going into the toilet.

[End of flashback]

 

So… this meant that Taemin could get pregnant.

Holy .

No wonder he was so worried that they didn’t have safe . This was what he meant by ‘something very bad could happen’.

Minho, you bloody idiot.

I heard footsteps and I assumed that Taemin had come out of the toilet.

“Hyung, this is bad. This is very, very bad. My period was supposed to come a few days ago. I have never, ever, been late. This is really bad. I have to call Key umma,” Taemin said to himself, sounding really panicky. He was probably taking his phone out and dialing the right number.

“Key umma? I… Minho hyung me on Valentine’s Day,” Taemin confessed.

I could literally hear Key’s shriek of ‘WHAT???’ from the phone.

“That’s not the point. I just vomited about ten minutes ago and yes, it is still in the morning. I kind of slept here last night after returning from my schedule. I would have talked to hyung, but I was dead beat, so your umma let me sleep. But the thing is… my period is late. It has NEVER been late, not in the entire seven years that I’ve been having it! Yes, that’s what I’m implying! I need you to get a few pregnancy tests for me. Say that it’s for your cousin or something. Please, umma, this is really bad. If it’s what I think it is, I need to get help from Dr. Jang. Thanks umma, really. I’ll see you in a few. Bye,” Taemin ended the call and started to take deep breaths.

Taemin, please be strong for me. Please be strong for… your might-be child. So don’t fall apart, not just yet, ok? We’re all here for you.

“Hyung, what should I do? I will keep the child, if there is one, but I don’t want to tell Minho hyung. I don’t need him in my life. Chances are that there already is a child. Like I said, I have never been late in my entire life. What should I do? How do I tell SM hyung and Youngmin hyung?” Taemin cried, needing someone by his side for him to lean on.

I’m sorry Taemin, but I can’t do anything for you. You’re free to cry on me, I don’t mind.

“Umma already told me to always have safe unless I want to get pregnant. And I… I can actually do natural childbirth if I wanted to. I’ve already been told about the possibilities. But I never planned to have a child for someone like Minho hyung. I always thought that it’d be with you…” Taemin continued to sob.

But the child is yours. You have every right to do what you want with it. Natural childbirth would be best, but it might not be safe, Taemin. And whether or not the child is mine, I promise to love it as best as I can, ok? Just be strong for everyone who loves you. Especially me.

After some time, Taemin stopped crying. Also, Key had arrived at the hospital with – from what I heard – seven different kits.

“Onew hyung, you know Taemin’s secret, don’t you?” Key asked me, once Taemin was in the toilet. I wanted so bad to wake up right now.

Yes, I do know. Of course I know. I want to help him, but what can I do in this state?

“If he does have a child, what will you do? Will you accept it, or just leave it alone and treat it as an enemy? Will you treat it as your own?” Key asked, as if challenging my love for Taemin. It’s not as if I could really answer him right now.

But yeah, I will. Why won’t I? Minho was still a good friend, until he confessed, anyway. I love Taemin and I always will, Key. I won’t betray him like that.

The toilet door opened.

“So how was it?” Key asked Taemin, but he sounded as if he already knew the answer.

I heard Taemin sobbing lightly.

“Hyung, Key umma… I’m pregnant.”

 

 

 

So... what will happen? When the hell will Onew wake up? And what the heck is wrong with Minho? What will Tae do? You'll find out soon~ ^^

Basically I'll be updating every 1-2 wks since I only have time to type on the weekends :)

The longest I'll take to update is 3 wks, promise!! >.<

So please suscribe if you haven't and comments are loved~! <3

Kamsa hamnida~~

Oh and I'll most likely reply to comments at the end of a chapter so feel free to ask anything you want :) It doesn't have to be related to the fic, anything abt me also can ^^

See you at the next chapter~ ♥