New Student...

Daughter of the Devil - Heart of a Saint

The classroom tables were arranged in rows of twos. Yuri picked the last table near the windows and settled down comfortably, ignoring the stares and whispers from her classmates.

“Children, welcome back to school!” Ms Taeyeon greeted her class enthusiastically, earning groans from the students.

“Ms Taeyeon, we are already young adults, can you stop treating us like kids? And please, who is glad to be back in school?” Onew grunted. The whole class clapped their hands to indicate they shared the same feelings.

“No one but me is glad to be back in school” Yuri thought to herself and lifted her lips into a faint smile. Jonghyun who was sitting a few rows in front of her, managed to catch a glimpse of Yuri’s faint smile. He was immediately mesmerised by her.

Jonghyun had been Yuri’s neighbour since young. He had a special feeling towards Yuri but Yuri kept ignoring him. Both of them attended the same school since kindergarten but Yuri did little to acknowledge his presence.

The only conversation that they had when they entered University was:-

“Jonghyun, for your own good and for my own sake, treat as if you do not know me. Stay away from me as far as possible. From young, I knew that you like me. But I’m sorry that I could not reciprocate your feelings. You will find a better girl than me soon.”

From kindergarten to college, Jonghyun was always protecting Yuri. He often got into fights with the gangsters who bullied Yuri. It was not so bad but Yoona would always get involved and let all the guys got hurt.

Yuri felt remorseful about that and she tried to distance herself from her only friend. Her action was fruitful as Jonghyun had finally gotten a girlfriend called Jessica in year two. From then, Yuri broke off all connections with her only friend for Jonghyun’s sake.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Come on, class. Please behave yourself as I introduce a new member to our family!” Ms Taeyeon applauded and gave signal for the new guy to come in.

A charming guy entered the classroom. All the girls except Yuri went crazy! They tried to get his attention by blowing kisses and waving their hands.

“Alright, tall guy, please introduce yourself” Ms Taeyeon smiled and said to the new student.

“Ms Taeyeon, I think everyone can be counted as tall guys and girls since you are so petite” Taemin joked which caused the whole class to burst out in laughter.

Ms Taeyeon tilted her head and thought seriously. She nodded in approval. Her serious thoughtful manner brought another burst of laughter.

“Hi everyone, I’m Minho. I’m glad to join this fun family. Please guide me” Minho bowed, earning more ear-piercing screams from the crazy girls.

“This bunch of girls is so noisy! Nutcase! Lunatic” Yoona was about to use her power again when Yuri stopped her with a killer glare. Yoona could only shake her head in frustration and fly out of the classroom window.

“Alright, Minho, please find a seat.”

Minho walked towards the back of the classroom and put his bag on the table beside Yuri who was looking up at him with big, shocked eyes.

“I shall sit here” Minho informed Ms Taeyeon and smiled at the dumbfounded Yuri. The girls screamed in frustration and the guys cheered on Minho’s courage. Jonghyun looked at Yuri in concern.