Yuri's background

Daughter of the Devil - Heart of a Saint

Minho sat down without gaining approval from Yuri. He turned and smiled at Yuri. Ms Taeyeon managed to quieten down the class and proceeded with her lesson.

Yuri was shocked. She was shocked that she felt the urge to devour Minho. It was not due to Minho’s handsome feature or well-built tan body. This was solely due to her demon’s sense. She felt a stir of hungriness from the other demon creatures roaming the university. Yuri could not blame them as she herself also experienced the hunger pang.

Minho may seem to be an ordinary person but he gave out a pure aura that was sweet and tempting. This type of people was fantastic for the demons or night creatures as eating them would increase abilities and experienced longevity.

Yuri wondered how did Minho managed to stay alive for more than two decades. He was a walking temptation to all demons. She used her extra-ordinary eyes to scan Minho and was surprised to find an amulet hanging on Minho’s neck inside his black collar tee-shirt.

Yuri was worried. This amulet may be invincible enough to ward off evil aura and some low level demons but it would be useless to be against higher rank demons like Yoona or even herself. Minho was lucky that during his two decades, he had only met with low-power demons. However, he was unfortunate enough to enter this university.

This university was located at remote area. It was situated at a village, near to a huge dark forest but far away from city. It seemed to be isolated from the rest of the world, making it an ideal place for higher rank of demons to stay there and practised to a higher level. Hence, this made the school a rather creepy place and earned an infamous name of the ‘Haunted University’.

When Yuri first arrived at the school, she was tagged as a lunatic. She was often seen talking to the air or mumbling to herself in anger. Yuri was also spotted slashing at the air with an ancient sword at the school field. During her first year, Yuri would go home with bruises and bumps on most of the days.

Many students complained to their principal and professors about Yuri’s weird behaviour and frightening actions. However, the school was unable to find a reason to expel Yuri as her studies was extremely good. She had remained as the top student for three consecutive years. In addition, Yuri was sent out for numerous competitions and would always emerge as the top student, earning some fame for the university. Hence, Yuri was able to continue her studies.

However, the professors and the students did not know Yuri’s reason behind her lunatic. As she was an offspring of the Devil and an ordinary human being, she was able to have a human body. Unlike the other demons, they did not have human bodies. Just like Yoona, they were a mixture of human head and animal bodies. Hence, they would always stay invisible to minimise the chance of human spotting them.

Before the arrival of Yuri, the demons, night creatures and spirits loved to play tricks on the humans. Some demons even devoured humans, making the school famous for the highest rate of missing people.

Yuri, being kind-hearted and biased towards her mother’s race, would always protect and prevent the demons from harming the humans. Sometimes, her bodyguard, Yoona would also attack her whenever she harmed another demon race. Yoona would always persuade Yuri to come back to the big family of Devil and the demons. Yuri had left her ‘so-called home’ when she turned sixteen, disregarded all her ties with her father.

However, her acts of kindness and protectiveness would always mislead the students to think of her as a nutcase. But Yuri did not mind and continued to protect them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I apologise if this chapter seems a bit boring... But I'm trying to describe Yuri's background... There will be more MinYul moments in the next few chapters which I promise that I'll update by either today or early tomorrow... ^^