The Attack...

Daughter of the Devil - Heart of a Saint

Yuri was trying to creep away from the abnormal crowd when she sensed a potent evil presence. She swiftly scanned her surroundings, trying to pin-point the hiding place of the high-rank demon. As if the crowd finally noticed Yuri’s strange behaviour, they quietened down. Everyone was waiting tensely for Yuri’s instruction.

Yuri managed to seek out the demon’s hiding spot. It was Leeteuk, one of Yuri’s father most favoured right-handed man. Leeteuk had fine, distinguished handsome features, complete with a muscular Black Panther body. He was crowned the “Black Killer”. As a panther, his speed was the fastest in the demon realm. Leeteuk was well-known for his heartless killings. He did not have an eye, did not feel a pinch of pity for his victims when he hunted them down. So heartless and black hearted that the nickname was given by the Devil.

Leeteuk jumped from the tall tree and landed elegantly on the ground. He looked hungrily at Minho and his tongue. “Yuri, as an ex-princess of the Devil, aren’t you intending to devour this fine delicacy?” Leeteuk grinned evilly.

“Or perhaps you are still protecting the weaklings?” Leeteuk smirked. Without another word, he struck out. Yuri having prepared, managed to dodge his first attack.

Leeteuk gave out a frustrated roar. He hated to drag attacks, swift and hard attacks were his favourite approach. He tried to catch Yuri by using his sharp claws. His agility and speed were much better than Yuri who never bothered to practise. Soon, Yuri was losing the battle.

Leeteuk’s claws were barely a few millimetres from Yuri’s throat when he suddenly fell to the ground. It was a surprised attack from Siwon, Yunho and Yoona. They were just in the nick of time at saving their friend.

Leeteuk was furious, extremely furious. He lounged at the nearest person. He knew that the three demons would try their hardest to defend Yuri who was once a princess of the demon realm. However, they would be hesitant in helping a human who was merely a food source.

He charged towards Ms Taeyeon who was unfortunate enough to be in his closest range. Yuri knew she was too late to save her adorable professor as she was at the opposite end of the parade square. Her speed would not be fast enough to reach her.

“Ms Taeyeon!” Yuri cried out in pain, depressed and outraged that she could not save her.

Ms Taeyeon stood rooted to the floor, not moving. She might be too shocked to have a reaction. However, when Leeteuk was within her arm range, Ms Taeyeon suddenly reached out her right hand and gave a light pat on his head.

Leeteuk was astonished. Every human being would have fainted right in front of him. Other lower-ranked demons would have fled. This petite human being was not afraid of him and even patted him on his head? Was she trying to court an even faster death?