The 'Persuasion'...

Daughter of the Devil - Heart of a Saint

“Oh no, it’s father!” Yuri cried out frightfully. “Why? Why is he here? Is he… Is he after Minho too? If that’s the case, he would need to kill me to gain access to him!”

Minho was feeling a mixture of emotion. He did not know whether Yuri was so protective of him due to a sense of responsibility or love. Nonetheless, even if Yuri did not love him, he would not let her die in front of his eyes. He would rather sacrifice himself to the Devil instead as he could not bear to let her get hurt.

Leeteuk patted Yuri on her head and said softly. “Yuri, just stay here with the gals and the rest of the school. Yunho, Siwon and I will try to ‘psycho’ your father out of the idea. Minho, I’m leaving Yuri in your care. I’ll held you responsible should anything happen to her”

No kidding, I watched this little girl grew up ever since she was a baby. I will not let anyone hurt her or my newly-found love, Taeyeon” Leeteuk silently thought as he kissed Taeyeon.

Although Princess Yuri is unable to reciprocate my love, I must still protect her and let her live happily throughout the rest of her life with Minho even at the expense of my bleeding heart…” Yunho looked sadly at the couple.

Minho could feel something was wrong. If the Devil would be so easy to persuade, he would not be known as the head of the demon realm. Minho had a feeling that Yuri might have inherited her hard-headedness from her father.

“Siwon, don’t let me feel ashamed of you. Put on your best fight if required! Do you understand?” Yoona shrieked, an action trying to hide her anxiety. Siwon understood her feelings. He gave a soft kiss on Yoona’s forehead and left with the other two demons.

The party stopped as if sensing the nerve-wrecking moment. Everyone shouted encouragement to them and cheering them on. Looking at their back, Minho had a feeling that the three guys were going for battle instead of a little ‘persuasion’. Yuri wanted to go with them but she stopped short after receiving a killer glare from Leeteuk who suddenly turned and looked at her as if he had predicted her intention.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Leeteuk? As my best right-handed man, why are you hiding among our food source? Ah, the seniors of Eagle Creature, Yunho and Siwon, are here too? Has anyone of you gone insane or are you guys playing a catching game with your food?” The Devil smirked and laughed evilly in his loud, deep and hoarse voice. Apparently, he did not approve of their ‘social-circle’.

“My Lord, I’m getting married to a human girl while Siwon is married with Yoona today. We would welcome you to our engagement party. But we hope that you are not after the flesh of Minho…”

“Nonsense! Why would I need to devour the guy? I’m already at the top of the demon realm! My power is the best where no one can outshine me!” The Devil roared, pounding his fist angrily on a nearby tree which the poor plant exploded into fine dust.

The three guys knew that the Devil had already tried to contain his strength. If the Devil was to use full strength, the school would not still be standing.

“Why am I doing here? I’m here to drag my beloved daughter back to the demon realm! She has disgraced me enough by defending our food source! And now, she has marked the delicious boy hers? What’s the point of marking him hers when she would not eat him? A totally shame and disgrace to me!” The Devil casted a despised looked and explained.

Although the Devil has officially disowned Yuri but he really did doted and care for his only daughter. He heard news about Yuri marking the boy hers. As a father, he understood his daughter too well. Yuri’s action was to protect the boy from harm and not devour him. However, this was a dangerous act. Other demons were waiting for the best opportunity to pounce. He would not let Yuri got hurt. But his pride always failed him from showering concerns on Yuri. In addition, to him, affection would seem to be a weakness, making him vulnerable to the other demons. Hence, he remained heartless and cold towards everyone, even his daughter.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Father, no!” Yuri shouted, mistaken that his earlier punch was to attack her three friends. She rushed out of the Grand Hall and ran towards the group.

The Devil turned towards the direction of the voice and was shocked. He thought he saw his wife again.

“Seohyun?” The Devil whispered, his lips trembling from hope.

However, his hope was shattered when he finally saw the pretty angel in the white evening gown was his daughter instead.

“No, father! I disallow you to hurt any of my friends! If you want Minho, you would need to kill me first!” Yuri stepped up to her father defiantly.

Minho put his fear of meeting the Devil aside and grabbed Yuri behind him. He looked into the Devil’s eye and said with courage and determination “Please don’t hurt Yuri. I’ll sacrifice myself to protect her.”

The Devil was delighted that someone was courageous enough to oppose him in order to protect Yuri. However, he was displeased that the guy had to be a human. The Devil was hurt enough; hurt enough by a human girl. The girl that he had loved the most; the first and only girl that he had loved had left their child nearly dead at his doorstep and disappeared without any trace. He did not want Yuri to follow his footstep and to be hurt and heartbroken like him.

Thinking of all the hurt he had silently suffered for the past two decades, he lounged out, only to be blocked by Leeteuk. He made another move again to attack Minho and was met with Yunho and Siwon. Yoona joined in the fight after Siwon suffered a blow from the Devil.

However, the Devil could not be stopped. His mind was focused on the ache he suffered and the hatred towards the human race. He managed to dodge Yoona’s sudden attack and moved swiftly towards the human guy.

He mastered up all his strength and delivered a deadly blow to Minho. Minho closed his eyes, accepting his fate of being killed by Yuri’s father. However, he sensed Yuri moving from his back to his front to take the blow. Minho wanted to switch place with her but it was too late...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry guys... I'm really bad at describing fighting scenes... T_T