Reveal of Truth...

Daughter of the Devil - Heart of a Saint

Seohyun took in a deep breath and blurted the truth out. “I was an angel decades ago. One of the angel fell in love with me and wanted to make me his. I struggled and ran off. I didn’t know where to go… All I knew was I wanted to get away from the guy…I didn’t see my direction and ended up in mortal world. As I was busily trying to get away from the guy, I didn’t see the car coming. It hit me before I knew and I lost consciousness...” Seohyun paused and looked into Kyuhyun’s eyes. “It was you who saved me and brought me to the demon realm. You took care of me personally… I was so touched at first… But it gradually became love… You did not ask about my identity and I did not reveal it for fear that he would come and look for me. The years we spent together were the happiest moments in my life.”

Kyuhyun her face lovingly. His painful gaze pierced into his wife’s teary eyes. “You could have told me this… If you want, I would have protected you… Even if you say that you don’t love me anymore, I would have let you go though my heart will bleed for you… But why? Why did you leave without any trace? Where have you been? I’ve been worrying and thinking of you for the past twenty years…”

“Because… Because… I wanted to protect my baby girl…!” Seohyun looked at Yuri with deep sorrow, regrets and pain. Yuri was shocked at her mother’s reason. She patted Seohyun’s arm, encouraging her to carry on with her story.

“Yonghwa, the guy had managed to trace me at the hospital… My protection net was the weakest while giving birth to Yuri… That gave him a chance to seek out my location… He was furious when he knew that I was married to the Devil… He knew that he was unable to compete with you, his strength and power being inferior to you… He did not bear to hurt me as he claimed that he still loved me… So he took out his vengeance and anger at my innocent baby girl… I was not yet recovered from giving birth… Hence, I was too weak to strike back… I ran all the way back to our house with severe injuries… I was afraid that I might not survive and failed to protect Yuri… Thus, I transformed myself into the white pendant and attached to her… Yonghwa would need to hurt me in order to kill Yuri… In this way, Yuri was protected…”

Kyuhyun planted a light kiss on Seohyun’s lips and muttered “Why did you suffer all this in silence? You could have told me… I would have risk my life to protect you and our baby girl…”

“Sniff… Sniff...” Someone was crying for the couple. The Devil turned to the human who was saddened by his romance life.

“This is so touching…! Sniff… Sniff…” Mr Taecyeon sniffed and wiped his tears away with the corner of a pink flower-printed handkerchief. The Devil, for the first time in his life, shuddered with disgust and shook his head trying to get rid of the unwanted goose bumps. His wife chuckled at the sight.

Yuri laughed her first sincere laugh of her life. She let out a sigh of relief when all the truth was known. Minho walked towards her and hugged her from the back. She leaned back into his embrace and enjoyed the warmth and love given out by her boyfriend.

The pleasant moment was soon disrupted by an enraged guy barging into the school. “You filthy idiot, how dare you touch my darling!” The red-faced man charged towards the Devil, planning to snatch Seohyun away from him.

Kyuhyun pulled Seohyun to his back and faced his rival. Yonghwa halted, knowing he was no match to the Devil. He transferred his attention quickly to Yuri before Kyuhyun and Seohyun could do anything. Yonghwa called out his ultimate power which was lightning and directed full force of it at Yuri.

Yuri was too slow to anticipate his sudden move. She stood there dumbfounded until Minho moved forward to take the deadly blow for her.

Minho could feel that thousands watts of electricity shocks passing through his body at the first impact. It felt as if his body was being slashed into zillion pieces. He took a last glance at Yuri before falling to the ground, unmoving with eyes staring blankly at the clear night sky.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry readers… This chapter nearly turned into SeoKyu moments… ^^ Haha… But I still managed to insert a bit of MinYul moments… Sorry for the suspense again as I’m having brain block for the nth time… Sighz… T_T