What exactly happened...

Daughter of the Devil - Heart of a Saint

The eerie silence made the group worried. Leeteuk wanted to kick the door but was prevented by Siwon and Yunho.

“Sir, even if you do not care about the repair fee, can you at least think of the poor girl inside the small cubicle? What will happen to her if you kick the door open?” Sooyoung pointed her fingers angrily at the idiotic guy. If not for he was willing to pay such a hefty price for the gown, she would have kick him hard. Sooyoung shook her head and continued, “I need a key, just a key to open that door. You don’t have to resort to violent means to open it!”

“Did I hear someone calling me? Sooyoung… Are you missing me?” A guy with short spiky blonde hair chuckled and entered the shop with bags of food.

“I said I need to find the KEY to the changing room door. I never expect a person named KEY to open the door using his idiotic spiky hair!” Sooyoung gave an exasperated sigh, rolled her eyes, shook her head and went to the drawer to take out the key.

Minho was getting anxious with each passing seconds. It seemed like eternity for the lady boss to get the key and opened the door. Finally the door was opened…

They were shocked… They thought they saw an angel inside. A gorgeous lady wearing a white stone necklace was dressed in a low-cut white evening gown with silver and gold laces. She seemed to be bathing in the glow of white and warm light. She was standing with her back facing them. Yuri’s tear-stained face reflected in the mirror jolt Minho out of his shock and rushed to hug her.

“Yuri, what happened? Are you alright?” Minho asked anxiously. Yuri returned his hug for the first time. Minho knew something was amiss judging by how Yuri was hugging him tightly.

The demon guys went to examine the cubicle which looked unsuspicious. It was empty except for a full-length mirror and Yuri’s clothes hanging on the wall hook. The ceiling and walls were intact, no sign of entry from any demons. They were puzzled about Yuri’s sudden emotion change. Yuri was a strong-willed girl who would not cry easily.

Taeyeon was about to raise her query when Yuri suddenly spoke. “I… I believe… I.. I think… I saw my mother!”

The demons stiffened. The whereabouts of Yuri’s mother remained a mystery ever since she left her new-born baby girl on the Devil’s doorstep. Yuri was nearly a step away from death. If not for Donghae, another right-handed man of the Devil, who was heading out for an errand, Yuri would not be standing here right now.

Rumours said that Yuri’s human mother had forsaken her and left the demon realm. However, no one knew exactly where she was as they did not know much of her. The worst thing was no one knew her name. The Devil was so infuriated that he did not bother to call out a search team for her and hence she was slowly forgotten. It was only occasionally that she would be raised up by the demon whenever Yuri defended and helped her mother’s race.

“What make you think so?” Leeteuk probed softly.

“When I… When I… When I wore the dress… I looked… Looked into the mirror… I was… Not reflected inside… Instead… Instead it… It reflected another lady… She was very pretty… She looked very gentle… And she gave me a very sad and soft smile… She looked similar to me… As in… As in… I look like her…!” Yuri sobbed uncontrollably, a sense of longing tugged strongly in her heart. She had always longed to see her mother. She had always forced herself to believe that her mother had left for some errands and would come back one day. Day by day, year by year, Yuri waited and yet no sign of her. There was not even a single photo of her. Her father was reluctant to mention about her. No one knew who she was. No one knew where she went.

Minho gave a signal to the rest and carried the still sobbing Yuri out of the shopping mall. He placed her gently in the passenger seat and helped her to fasten the safety belt. He then got into the driver seat and drove them back to the hostel.

Meanwhile, Leeteuk paid for the evening gowns as promised. The guys could swear that they saw the beam in Sooyoung’s eyes when she was counting the stack of cash. Her husband, Key was also happily helping her.

Their next stop was the restaurant which they gobbled down so much food in record time that the owner and customers stared at the group in disbelief. Especially the male demons who each gobbled down at least ten burgers, five packets of fries and three cups of large coke.

After satisfying their hunger, the guys then brought the two gals to the shoes section which they spent another two hours in there on trying shoes. Taeyeon and Yoona helped Yuri to choose a pair of silver four-inch killer high heels.

Finally, after nearly going into every shop of the mall, then the three exhausted guys escorted the two girls back to the hostel with their hands full of shopping bags.

Yunho made a stop at Minho’s room. He raised his arm to press the doorbell but was afraid that he would disturb Yuri’s resting. Hence, he flew into their bedroom through the window.

Upon seeing Yunho’s arrival, Minho raised his finger to his lips and pointed to Yuri’s soundly sleeping form. She was sleeping peacefully in the protective arms of Minho. Yunho tried to suppress his jealousy, not letting it shown. He put the shopping bags at the dressing table, nodded his head at Minho and left.