Announcement...

Daughter of the Devil - Heart of a Saint

“YURI! MINHO! MS TAEYEON IS BACK! SHE…” Taemin shouted out in delight and banged excitedly on the metal gate. However, his voice trailed off when he saw the duo embraced in an intimate manner. Taemin then realised that he might have intruded on their romantic moment.

“Oops! Sorry! Sorry! Didn’t… Didn’t know… Didn’t realise that… You two are busy…” Taemin stuttered embarrassedly.

“Oh no, it’s ok” Yuri withdrew herself from Minho’s embrace and assured Taemin. She was relieved for the distraction as she did not know how to face the awkward situation after Minho’s daring confession. “So what was the din about?” Yuri asked. From her door, she could see everyone was coming out from their room in a hurried manner, rushing towards the direction of the school field.

“Oh! Ms Taeyeon is back! She’s back with a guy… It’s funny… I find him rather familiar… Where did I see him before?” Taemin scratched his head, trying to figure out. “Ah! I remember! He looks like the panther guy yesterday… But… But he does not have an animal body! Instead… Instead… He looks just like an ordinary human being!”

“Human shaped? Leeteuk used nearly two hundred years of his power to exchange for a human body?”Yuri thought. She was surprised that her elder had made such a drastic decision.

Minho waved his hand in front of Yuri’s dazed face which succeeded to jolt Yuri out of her daze. “My Princess Yuri, are you alright?” Minho patted her arm affectionately.

Yuri could not help but had goose bumps again. Even Taemin shivered uncontrollably. “Yucks! That was really disgusting!” Taemin thought to himself as he scampered off quickly.

Yuri chose to ignore Minho’s affectionate gesture and chased after Taemin who was on his way to the field. Minho sighed, knowing that it would take much more effort to let Yuri believe in his determination.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yuri and Minho arrived at the fully packed school field. Even Yunho, Siwon and Yoona were present. The duo had trouble looking out for Ms Taeyeon and Leeteuk. However, their problem was solved when Mr Taecyeon spotted them from the stage.

“Choi Minho and Kwon Yuri, please come to the stage now. Professors and students, please make a path for the couple to pass through. Thank you.”

The school tried to shake their goose bumps again after hearing their principal’s sweet and soft sing-song voice. Nonetheless, they obediently created a pathway for the duo to walk through.

The embarrassed couple walked towards Mr Taecyeon, nodding their heads apologetically to the fellow schoolmates and teachers along their way.

Finally, after feeling that the short walk to the stage took decades to reach, the duo stared at the entwined fingers of their teacher and Leeteuk. Ms Taeyeon lowered her head shyly, trying to withdraw her hand from Leeteuk who never gave a budge and even held tighter. Ms Taeyeon rained soft punches on Leeteuk who just replied with a bright, dazzling smile.

“Wow…! He’s so handsome!”

“What a charming guy!”

“Are all demons so beautiful or handsome?”

“Is Ms Taeyeon going to marry him?”

Ms Taeyeon blushed even more upon hearing those whispers. Leeteuk cleared his throat and signalled to Mr Taecyeon that he had something to announce.

Leeteuk half-dragged and half-carried Ms Taeyeon to the stage. He adjusted his newly-bought black suit and delivered shocking news to the school.

“Hi everyone! Taeyeon and I will be holding our engagement party tonight. I’ve obtained your principal’s approval that the grand hall will be loan to us for the celebration. Please dress in your best suits or gowns and attend our engagement celebration! No worries, all the clothing expenses shall be borne by me! So just make yourself pretty and charming. We hope that we will have another engagement party soon!” Leeteuk hinted and winked mischievously at Yuri and Minho.

The crowd applauded in joy, delighted for Ms Taeyeon to be engaged, disregarding the fact that her partner was non-human.

Siwon came forward with Yoona and Yunho. “Hi there! I’m Siwon and this is my future wife, Yoona and my elder brother, Yunho. Can we join in the party too?” He spoke into the microphone, earning more cheers and whistling.

“Yes! No problem, buddy! So we shall have two couples being engaged tonight!” Mr Taecyeon shrieked in joy, in his unique voice again.

The school cleared in record time. Everyone was anxious to get in town to purchase their costumes. All of them wanted to look their best, hoping that they would find their life partner during the party.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yuri finally found back her voice and asked “Care to tell me what happen?”

Leeteuk stepped forward and hugged Yuri suddenly. Minho was extremely furious and jealous. However, he held his fury as he knew that he was no match with the high-ranked demon. In addition, he sensed that Leeteuk had some secrets to spill.

“Princess Yuri, I finally understand why you are always protecting the humans. Yes, they maybe our food source, but they are not the only one. They may look vulnerable and weak but they are strong enough to fight to live. Some humans maybe even more heartless creatures than us but there are still beautiful ones out there. Just like Taeyeon who I managed to find my precious one. She managed to tame me and helped me learnt what is love. I now have the reason to protect her. And I will help you, Yunho, Siwon and Yoona to defend the school against other demons.” Leeteuk voiced out his support.

The addition of Leeteuk made the protection web of the school stronger in defending other demons.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So how is this chapter? Hopefully that it would not sound rushed… As for my previous two MinYul fanfics, many readers had feedback that they were too short… I’ll try to lengthen this fanfic but not to the extent that you guys would felt bored about the dragging storyline… ^_^