The Miracle...

Daughter of the Devil - Heart of a Saint

YURI!”

PRINCESS YURI!

Everyone cried out. Leeteuk, Siwon, Yunho and Yoona were too far away to reach Yuri. That was nothing much for Minho to do, as he was just an ordinary person. The helpless teachers and students who were witnessing the scene could only hold their breath and pray hard that Yuri would survive the blow.

YURI! NO!!!!!!!” The Devil screamed out in agony. He was unable to retract the blow when she had unexpectedly moved forward to protect the boy. He rushed towards her, hoping to stop the inevitable from happening.

Yuri used her body to shield Minho from her father’s blow. She stood straight and unafraid with her eyes open as she waited for the ultimate and final impact that would sent her to the netherworld where she might most probably meet her mother there. Her only regret was that she finally understood her feelings towards Minho. She liked him, even though they had barely met for two days.

She casted her emotions aside and faced the blow bravely. However, it was blocked by an invisible shield by mere millimetres away from her. Everyone gasped and stared unbelievingly at the miracle.

It was Yuri’s pendant that had led her to safety. It emitted a white glow which created a shield to protect Yuri and Minho. Yuri could feel movements in the pendant. It shook and trembled so vigorously that it dropped to the ground.

A young and pretty girl wearing the same white gown rose from the pendant. “Kyuhyun, how can you bear to hurt our little girl?” The girl sobbed and looked miserably at the Devil. Without waiting for an answer from the Devil, the girl turned around and gazed at Yuri with sorrowful eyes.

“Ah… My baby girl has grown up… You are already taller than your mum… So pretty and healthy too… Very smart witted and kind-hearted… Haha… But you are very stubborn-headed like your dad too…” The girl laughed bitterly, tears rolling down her angelic face. “I’ve missed your growing process… Mum was not here with you… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

“Mum…?” Yuri croaked, her voice breaking with a mixture of hope, happiness and sadness as she ran towards her mum and hugged her.

“Seohyun…? Seohyun!” The Devil seemed to get out of his stone state and ran towards the two most important girls in his life. He was shocked when he saw his wife, his beloved wife who had been missing for two decades, rising up from the pendant. He stood there watching his wife talking to their daughter. He was too afraid to breathe, afraid to make a sound, afraid to blink, for fear it was just his imagination, a dream that would disappear should he move an inch.

After assuring that Seohyun would not disappear when Yuri hugged her tightly, he ran forward, tears of joy rolling down his cheek. But he did not care. He did not care for once of how others would look at him. He just wished to have back Seohyun, his one and only love.