Shopping... ^_^

Daughter of the Devil - Heart of a Saint

“Argh…!” Taeyeon, Yoona and Yuri were puking outside the shopping mall. Leeteuk patted Taeyeon’s back and smiled apologetically to Siwon and Minho who had just arrived.

“Hey man! Your driving skill is horrible!” Siwon grumbled and patted gently on Yoona’s back.

“I agree with him! Is your black sport car a replacement of your panther body? Even when Minho stepped the gas pedal to 110km/h, he was still unable to catch up with you! Are you trying to kill the girls? I bet they felt as if they had just taken a roller-coaster ride instead of a car!” Yunho crossed his arms and reprimanded the Black Killer.

Minho could only shake his head at Yunho’s boldness and passed a tissue paper to Yuri silently. Only an elder of the Eagle Creature dared to scold the thousands years old panther.

After puking out all their breakfast, the girls were feeling energetic again. They rushed into the shopping mall with so much enthusiasm that the guys felt as if they had only imagined them feeling unwell moments ago.

“Hey guys! You are free to wander around and look for your clothes. We can take care of ourselves!”  Taeyeon shouted to them and eagerly dragged Yuri into a branded boutique with the help of Yoona.

“Hello, three pretty ladies! Welcome to our shop! Is there anything that I may help you with?” A tall young girl greeted them with a smile.

Yuri glanced at her name tag and replied before her two crazy friends could say anything. “Sooyoung? My two friends here are being engaged today. Please assist them to be the prettiest bride-to-be by wearing the most outstanding evening gowns. As for me, just an ordinary gown will do. I’m not planning to outshine them.”

“Help her to find one too! She will be the next bride-to-be soon!” Yoona chipped in cheerfully and nudged Yuri. Taeyeon was grinning evilly.

“I’m not…” Yuri could barely finish her protest when she was being dragged away by another enthusiastic salesgirl.

“Our shop does not offer ‘ordinary gown’. We have the finest, most elegant gowns for all your special occasion. So no worries; just leave your problem to me. I’ll let you be the third prettiest gal at the party!” Jessica, the keen salesgirl took down nearly fifteen pieces of gowns and urged Yuri into the only vacant changing room.

Taeyeon and Yoona managed to find gowns that they liked in a short time with the friendly assistance from Sooyoung and Sunny.

Yuri tested several gowns but Taeyeon and Yoona would always shake their head. They could feel an important element was missing. “Yuri, can’t you take down your necklace?” Taeyeon asked.

Yuri looked at her necklace. It was a pure white smooth stone pendent in a silver chain. Yoona shook her head and helped Yuri to answer “Nope, Yuri was unable to take down the necklace ever since she was young. It was found on her when she was discovered nearly dead at the Devil’s doorstep. The necklace seems to attach itself to Yuri.”

“Ah! Why didn’t I think of that?” Sooyoung exclaimed suddenly and dashed into the storeroom. Moments later, she came out holding an elegant white gown with silver laces. “This is the most expensive, most elegant and finest evening gown that our shop has!” Sooyoung passed the unique evening gown to Yuri and urged her to try.

However, when Yuri peeked at the price tag, she nearly fainted. This gown worth nearly the value of a car! “Oh no no no! This is too expensive! I…”

“Just try it, Yuri. I’ll pay for it.” Leeteuk walked into the shop with the Eagle brothers and Minho. He walked towards Taeyeon and kissed her on the forehead, earning “oohs” and “wows” from the salesgirls.

Yuri sighed, admitted defeat when everyone encouraged her to try. She walked into the changing room and began to try on the eighteenth and final gown.

Yoona tapped her right foot impatiently. Yuri had gone in for almost fifteen minutes. What was taking her so long? “Kwon Yuri, are you taking centuries to change into a gown? I’m hungry! I want to have my lunch!” Yoona pounded on the door. Silence greeted her.

Taeyeon being sensitive felt unease about the awkward silence. She knocked lightly on the door and called out “Yuri, are you alright? Do you need any help?” However, there was no response from Yuri.