Chapter 8 Competition

Fall in love again

Jessica is walking alone in school corridor and suddenly a group of four people stand in front of her to stop her way. Jessica tries to pass them but she can’t they’re blocking all her way.

“Why are you blocking my way?” Jessica said coldly.

“No one can talk to me like this. And I’m your class president.”

“A stupid class president.” Jessica mumbled.

“What did you say?”
“Well, CL-sshi, can you move your way so I can go?” Jessica said sarcastically.

“We’re here to tell you something.”CL said.
“What? Tell me quickly so I can leave.”
“We want a competition with you.”
“What competition?”

“Well, we will perform a stage competition with you. You can perform alone or with your friend. It’s your choice.”
“If there is a competition there is a result right? So what’s the bet?” Jessica said.
“If we win, you have to disappear from Elites. If you win, we’ll not bully you anymore. You have to agree the bet and competition or I’ll make you expel from the school, understand?” CL said and Jessica just nod. “And you can’t let anyone of the Elites know about the bet, okay?” CL said Jessica nods.

“Deal?” CL said.
“Deal.” Jessica said back.

The thing they don’t know is there is someone who is listening to their conversation from the start.

In the Elites practice room,

Jessica is just sitting on her place and thinking about the competition.

“Thinking about competition?”
“T-taeyeon?” Jessica said in surprise. “H-how did you know?”
“I’m your tutor remember. Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone. Did you know what to perform for competition?” Taeyeon asked as she sits in front of Jessica.

“Well, I don’t really know. Did CL good?”
“She’s better than good. She’s a scholar student, she wins in singing competition for students to get scholar and she wins. That’s why she’s attending in this school.”
“Ah….” Jessica is speechless of what Taeyeon said.
“Don’t worry too much, I can help you. If you practice well, you can win too. You have a good voice.”
“Really?” Jessica said excitedly and Taeyeon nods.

“After school finishes, come to this room and I’ll help you.” Taeyeon said and she started to leave the room.

“Thanks.” Jessica mumble but Taeyeon heard it and smiles.

After the school finishes,

“Fany-ah, I have somewhere to go so just go home with Seohyun okay?”
“Why? Do you need me to come along?”
“No, it’s okay.”
“So, where are you going?”
“Don’t worry about me Fany-ah. Just go home with Seohyun, okay? I have to go now.” Jessica said and rushes out from the classroom.

In the practice room,

Taeyeon is waiting for Jessica to arrive, and a while later she arrives.

“Oh, you’re early. Sorry I’m late, I have to get rid of Tiffany.”
“It’s okay. I know. Did you tell them about the competition and bet?” Taeyeon asked and Jessica shakes her head. “Why?”
“I don’t want them to worry about me. I want to show them I can just handle my things by myself.”
“O-okay. So shall we start?” Taeyeon said and Jessica nods.

“So what song you want to sing?”
“I don’t really know. Should I just sing ‘Suddenly’ the song you teach me at first?”
“I don’t think so. Well, I’m sure CL will perform both singing and dancing so if you choose to just sing you need the song that’ll be get the audience’s heart.” Taeyeon said and Jessica nod.

“So, what should I sing?”
“You want to perform dancing?” Taeyeon asked.
“If I do, I might need some background dancers. So I don’t know what do you think?”
“Wow, you’re just asking the questions back to me. Let me think for a while.” Taeyeon said.

“Well, there is one song I wrote few months ago. You can sing that song but we need a piano player. If you don’t, it’s okay we can use the school band. But we need for our practice.”
“Seohyun can play piano. We can ask for her.”
“Okay. So can you call her, so I can show you how to sing and then we can start practice later.”
“Okay.”

Then Jessica calls Seohyun and a while later, the other two Elites members, Seohyun and Tiffany arrives together and that makes Taeyeon and Jessica to surprise.

“Why are you guys here together?” Taeyeon asked coldly.
“Sica-unnie said she needs help with the piano so I told Fany-unnie to come with me and at the time, Yuri-unnie and Yoona-unnie are with us. That’s why we’re together.” Seohyun explain while hiding behind Tiffany.

“What? You want us to go back. Don’t ever think about that we’re staying till the end.” Yuri said and takes a seat.

“Why did you need Seohyun to play piano? What are you two doing here?” Tiffany said.
“Jessica has a competition against CL. So I said I’ll help her for competition.” Taeyeon said and the girls jaw dropped.

“Wow it’ll be hot news. What made you to help her?” Yuri asked surprised.
“I’m her tutor that’s why I decided to help her. And don’t let anyone know about I’m helping her. It’ll make worse.” Taeyeon said and the other girls nod.

Taeyeon then gives Seohyun her music note.

“Can you play this?” Taeyeon asked.
“Ne.”

Then Seohyun starts playing.

Taeyeon’s singing,

Can you tell me
How can one miss what she's never had
How could I reminisce when there is no past
How could I have memories of being happy with you boy
Could someone tell me how can this be

How could my mind pull up incidents
Recall dates and times that never happened
How could we celebrate a love that's too late
And how could I really mean the words I'm bout to say

I missed the times that we almost shared
I miss the love that was almost there
I miss the times that we use to kiss
At least in my dreams
Just let me take my time and reminisce
I miss the times that we never had
What happened to us we were almost there
Whoever said it's impossible to miss when you never had
Never almost had you

I cannot believe I let you go
Or what I should say is I shoulda grabbed you up and never let you go
I shoulda went out with you
I shoulda made you my boo boy
Yes that's one time I shoulda broke the rules

I shoulda went on a date
Shoulda found a way to escape
Shoulda turned a almost into
If it happens now its to late
How could I celebrate a love that wasn't real
And if it didn't happen why does my heart feel

I missed the times that we almost shared
I miss the love that was almost there
I miss the times that we use to kiss
At least in my dreams
Just let me take my time and reminisce

I miss the times that we never had
What happened to us we were almost there
Whoever said it's impossible to miss when you never had
Never almost had you

The three girls are surprised because of Taeyeon’s voice.

“I never thought she’ll let Jessica sing this song.” Yuri whispered to Yoona.
“Yeah, I never thought unnie will sing this song or let other sing, too.” Yoona whispers back to Yrui.

“Do you think you can sing this song?” Taeyeon asked Jessica. “I think if you decide to do only singing. You should practice this song. It’ll get the judges’ attention. If you want to include dance song, Yuri and Yoona can help you in dancing.”

Then Jessica got a message,

“CL send me a message that I have to perform two types, only singing and both singing and dancing together. And she said the competition will be on next week Friday.” Jessica said.

“Wow, she really tried to bring you down.” Yuri said and Taeyeon glare at Yuri. “What?! I’m telling the truth.”

“Don’t worry. We’ll help you. I’m your tutor anyway.” Taeyeon said and giving a reassuring smile to Jessica. “Yuri and Yoona will teach you dance steps while I’m going to teach you singing.” Taeyeon said and Jessica nod.

Yay, another update again.
Sorry for my lame writing,
I hope you enjoy it.