Seven: Gifts and Making Out

The Boys of Summer

As usual, everyone in cabin E2 groaned loudly when the breakfast bell rang. Doyoung rolled his eyes and got dressed as the boys from the other cabin pounded on the door. Doyoung opened up for them and they stared at the tired teens. 

"Come on guys; let's get breakfast," Jaehyun said. Taeil groaned again and rolled straight off of the bed and onto the wooden floor. 

"That hurt way more than I thought it would," he mumbled. 

"Nobody told me that going to camp meant waking up before noon," Johnny grumbled in his sleep voice. But they all eventually got up, Ten and Taeyong being the last of them. 

"Okay, you two look like you haven't slept in years," Mark teased. Ten just glared at everyone. 

"Do you think we can bribe the counselors for coffee?" Taeyong asked as he put on shoes and just walked out of the door in his pajamas.

As they walked to the dining hall, Ten pulled Doyoung aside. 

"Kill me," Ten mumbled. 

"What were you guys doing?" Doyoung whispered. Ten just pulled down his top to show Doyoung the hickies dotting his collarbone. 

"We only went to bed when it started getting light outside," Ten explained. 

"You better not have had !" Doyoung angrily muttered. 

"We just made out, I swear!" Ten responded as they walked inside. They sat down at their usual table as Kyungsoo, the chef, dropped pancakes onto their plates with a stony expression. 

"Late, again," he said with frustration. 

"Sorry sir," Sicheng mumbled back. 

"This is one is such a sweetie," the chef responded, ruffling Sicheng's hair. "The rest of you....." Kyungsoo just sighed and walked away. Yuta wrapped his arm protectively around Sicheng's waist and Sicheng blushed. Ten gave Doyoung a look Doyoung couldn't quite understand. 

"So what do you guys wanna do today?" Jaehyun asked as the boys ate their pancakes. 

"I thought I saw tie dye tables set up at the art shack," Mark responded. 

"That sounds sort of fun," Yuta said. 

"First of all, tie dye is disgusting," Ten spoke. 

"We can just make out," Taeyong responded. 

"True," Ten mumbled, eating his pancakes again. 

"Didn't you guys make out for like....seven hours last night?" Doyoung asked incredulously. 

"Doyoung, I'm a fourteen year old boy. I could spend the rest of my existence just making out and I'd be satisfied," Ten responded. 

"He has a point," Yuta said. 

After breakfast, the boys all headed down to the art shack. Mark was right; tables with white clothing, tubs of water, and dye tubes were lined up. 

"Let's go find a spot," Taeyong mumbled into Ten's ear. Ten grinned and bit his lip as Taeyong grabbed his wrist and pulled him to a tree not too far from the art shack. 

"This is nice," Taeyong mumbled as he backed Ten up against a tree. Ten just nodded and cupped Taeyong's cheeks, leaning in to press their lips together. Taeyong stepped closer, their bodies almost touching as they softly kissed. Ten was quickly getting used the physical sensation of kissing Taeyong, but he didn't think he could ever get used to the way it made him feel, because honestly, it felt like magic. 

"I'm so glad I met you," Taeyong said quietly, pulling away and running his fingers through Ten's hair. It was oddly affectionate, contrasting with the way Taeyong had kissed him the previous night: lustfully, full of want and desperation and control. 

"That's kinda cheesy," Ten responded with a small giggle. "But I'm really glad I met you too." 

Taeyong mumbled something so quietly Ten couldn't even understand. 

"What did you say?" Ten asked. 

"N-nothing," Taeyong responded, even blushing a little bit. 

"Come on, tell me!" Ten whined. Taeyong shook his head and kissed Ten once again, all thoughts blown out of his head. 

"Shouldn't we go back to the others?" Ten asked after a few minutes of lips on lips. 

"How could we? All I want is you," Taeyong responded. Ten giggled again and looked Taeyong dead in the eyes, in the way that made Taeyong's heart melt. 

"You're right," he responded, resting his arms on Taeyong's broad shoulders. The movement caused Ten's shirt to get pulled down a little, revealing the marks left along his collarbone and neck. 

"Where'd you get that?" Taeyong asked with concern. Ten glared back at him. 

"Oh, I did that?" Taeyong asked with a little chuckle. 

"Yeah," Ten responded, somewhere between frustrated and proud. 

"Want me to kiss it better?" Taeyong said seductively into Ten's ear, forcing Ten to grin and pull his boyfriend back in. 

Back at the art shack, Doyoung was sighing loudly. 

"What's wrong?" Jaehyun asked, immediately rushing over to him. 

"I can't figure this out," Doyoung groaned, a wet shirt dripping dye every where held between his hands. 

Jaehyun giggled a little and Doyoung looked away, Jaehyun's handsome smile making him blush. Doyoung was still waiting for his crush to die down, but somehow it had only gotten worse, especially after they'd kissed during spin the bottle. 

"Well usually what you do is you use the rubber bands to tie up sections, then put the color you want in each individual section. But I think this is beyond hope. Maybe if you put more colors on it, it'll turn black," Jaehyun responded. 

"Ugh," Doyoung groaned with feeling. He grabbed the purple and started spraying it all over the top, trying to turn it black. Jaehyun just watched with a big smile, laughing at how silly Doyoung was. 

"Whatever," Doyoung eventually whined, grabbing a new shirt to start over. 

"Let me help you this time," Jaehyun responded. Their hands brushed as Jaehyun grabbed the top out of Doyoung's hands, making him blush. Jaehyun had just wanted an excuse to talk to Doyoung, but now he was blushing like an idiot just because they'd touched the tiniest bit. 

Jaehyun was so screwed for him. Even when they'd all gone around and introduced themselves, Doyoung's annoyed attitude had seemed almost cute to Jaehyun, and he was really smart too (except at tie dyeing, clearly). Their kisses during the spin the bottle had only made things worse, especially since Doyoung admitted it was his first kiss. Jaehyun could only hope that Doyoung felt the same way he did. 

"Hey boys!" Donghyuck said loudly, forcing Jaehyun out of his thoughts. The twelve year old boy sauntered over to them, peering over Taeil's shoulder. 

"Tie dye? That's awesome!" Donghyuck said, grabbing a t-shirt out of the pile to start making one. 

"Where were you yesterday?" Johnny asked. He was still annoyed with the kid, but at this point they figured Donghyuck could not be escaped. 

"Chanyeol practically held me captive," Donghyuck responded, expertly tying up the rubber bands. He started grabbing the pink dye and squeezing it onto the tied up top, walking over to Mark. 

"Missed you," Donghyuck said with a wink. Mark didn't respond but blushed from the tips of his ears down to his chest. 

"Leave the kid alone," Yuta responded, wrapping his arms around Sicheng. Sicheng blushed too, knowing Yuta had a weird complex about "protecting" him from Donghyuck. Sicheng sort of enjoyed his protective nature though, in the end. 

"Fine," Donghyuck said, glaring in Yuta's direction and continuing to work on his shirt. 

"Where are the others? The ty one and the manly one?" Donghyuck asked as he finished dyeing the top and let it dry. 

"Do you mean...Taeyong and Ten?" Taeil asked. 

"Yeah, those guys," Donghyuck responded. Doyoung tried to hide his laughter, but he and Jaehyun secretly giggled to each other. 

"They're dating now," Sicheng explained. 

"Really?" Donghyuck asked. Everyone nodded at him. 

A suddenly loud rustling in the trees made Donghyuck in a breath. "Donghyuck?" A loud voice yelled. 

"," Donghyuck mumbled, running over to Mark and handing him the shirt. 

"Uh, I think it's dry, just rinse it out.....it's for you," Donghyuck explained before running as fast as he could into the woods. Chanyeol, Donghyuck's counselor, burst into the art shack area. 

"Hey Chanyeol. He went that way," Johnny explained, pointing in the direction Donghyuck left. 

"Thanks," Chanyeol responded, panting heavily but following the boy. He didn't need to go far before a loud whistling sound came through the trees. 

"That's so hot," the all heard Donghyuck say loudly. 

"Stop!" They heard Ten whine back. 

"Donghyuck you little get back here," Chanyeol yelled as well. All of the others looked at each other and laughed at the craziness of camp life. Suddenly, the lunch bell rang, so they packed up their things. 

"Wait, first let me go rinse this," Mark said. The whole group went with him to the bathroom sink, and Mark began to run the top under the cold water. When the water came out clear, he finally squeezed out the excess water and opened the shirt. 

On it was a big pink heart surrounded by blue. 

"Did he really make that for you?" Doyoung asked. Mark blushed and nodded. 

"Okay, honestly, that's kind of adorable," Jaehyun responded. Mark smiled to himself and Sicheng sighed. 

"Guys, let's go to lunch before the chef guy yells at us again," Sicheng spoke. They all laughed and ran down the path, Mark straggling behind to hang his gift out to dry.