Five: Awkward, Uncomfortable, Yet Somehow Wonderful

The Boys of Summer

"I'm bored," Mark announced the next evening in cabin D2. All of the thirteen to fifteen year olds were piled in there, plus Donghyuck (who had refused to leave all day).

"We've been bored," Johnny responded with aggravation. The whole group groaned. They'd been in the cabin all day, with absolutely nothing to do, because Sehun had abandoned them (yet again). They'd only emerged from the cabin for meals, but otherwise they just lazed around on their beds with nothing to do. 

Suddenly, Ten grinned sneakily. Doyoung cursed internally. He knew that the look on Ten's face only meant trouble. 

"I know a game that would keep us very entertained," Ten said, his tone sly. Everyone else looked at Ten expectantly, but Doyoung stared at the floor in fear. "We should play spin the bottle."

Doyoung facepalmed. He knew something like that was coming. 

"Yes! Let's play that," Donghyuck cheered. 

"Not you," Ten whined. "You're too young." Donghyuck pouted. 

"Honestly...I'd be down," Johnny said, looking at everyone else in the room. 

"Same," Taeyong answered. Yuta shrugged and Mark nodded shyly, agreeing to play. 

"I-I guess that could be fun," Taeil quietly spoke. 

"I think so too," Jaehyun added optimistically. Doyoung rolled his eyes dramatically. 

"Fine, I'll play too," he said angrily. Honestly, he was only agreeing because Jaehyun agreed to. 

"What's spin the bottle?" Sicheng asked. Yuta stood up as everyone gathered in a circle on the floor, grabbing an empty soda bottle. 

"It's a game where one person spins the bottle, and whoever the bottle lands on they have to kiss," Yuta explained, scooting next to Sicheng and placing the bottle in the middle. Sicheng's eyes grew wide but his expression remained the same. 

"Oh. I've never kissed anyone before," Sicheng admitted. 

"That's okay," Yuta responded, rubbing Sicheng's shoulder. "You totally don't have to play if you don't want to."

"N-no, I want to," Sicheng protested. Yuta grinned. 

"Good," he responded with a smirk that made Sicheng blush. 

"Get out of the circle Donghyuck," Johnny said firmly when the prepubescent boy tried to squeeze in next to him. 

"Come on!" Donghyuck whined back. "Fine. I'm watching though," he protested, climbing up to one of the top bunks to watch the game from above. 

"Okay, let's set up the rules. First of all, you have to kiss whoever it lands on, no exceptions. Second of all, if it lands in between two people, you have to kiss the person to your right. Third, no pecks. We aren't wimps here; you gotta go for a full on make out sesh," Ten said. 

"What's make out?" Sicheng asked. 

"Dude, I get not knowing spin the bottle, dabbing, or fidget spinners, but not knowing what making out is? Do you live under a rock?" Johnny asked. Yuta glared at him. 

"I mean, my parents are pretty protective of me. I'm home schooled, so I don't really have a lot of friends my own age," Sicheng explained. Everyone nodded in understanding. 

"That makes a lot of sense," Taeyong responded. "And making out is.....open mouthed kissing." Sicheng tilted his head in confusion. "It makes more sense once you actually do it," Taeyong explained. 

"Me first!" Ten said excitedly. He spun the bottle, making two or three rounds before it landed squarely on Mark. The thirteen year old turned a bright shade of red. Ten grinned happily. Doyoung thought he would've been disappointed not to get Taeyong or even Johnny or Yuta, but then he remembered Ten would pretty much go for anything. 

"Come here big boy," Ten said seductively. Donghyuck glared as Mark slowly made his way over to Ten. His eyes averted, Mark quickly pecked Ten on the lips before scurrying away. 

"You call that a kiss?" Ten said in shock and anger. Mark blushed even more, so hard Doyoung thought his face would explode. 

"That was my first kiss," Mark quietly whined. 

"That doesn't even count! Let me show you how it's done," Ten said, pulling Mark back over to him. This time, both Taeyong and Donghyuck glared at the two boys. They shared a look of understanding, averting their eyes. 

Mark kneeled next to Ten and he didn't have much time to figure what was going on before Ten pulled him in for a deep kiss. Ten held him there for quite a while, the kissing noises quite loud before Ten released him. Mark blinked rapidly, wide eyed with a look of shock on his face. 

"Good?" Ten asked, like he already knew the answer. 

"Y-yeah," Mark answered breathlessly, slowly crawling back to his seat. 

"God, would I kill to be Ten," Donghyuck announced, making Mark whine and blush even harder than before. 

"Don't bug the poor kid; Ten's already traumatized him enough," Johnny responded. "Now it's Taeil's turn."

Taeil wordlessly spun the bottle very slowly, inching over to and stopping on Johnny. Taeil's eyes widened considerably but Johnny just shrugged, cupping Taeil's cheek and pressing their lips together. Johnny kept it going for a few seconds before pulling away. 

"Was that your first kiss?" Johnny asked. 

"Was I really that bad?" Taeil whined back. 

"Nah, you just seemed nervous," he responded. 

"Next!" Ten called out. 

"Again?" Mark whined. He sighed and spun the bottle, this time landing on Taeyong. Taeyong passionlessly kissed Mark, pulling away as soon as he could. 

"Mmh, I bet Mark's pretty lips are so soft. Taeyong, are they soft?" Donghyuck asked as soon as Taeyong and Mark returned to their respective seats. 

"No, not really. They're pretty chapped. Honestly though, Mark isn't too bad," Taeyong answered. 

"It was good," Mark said, "But Ten was better." Taeyong pouted and Ten grinned with pride. 

"I just restrained myself so I wouldn't freak you out," Taeyong mumbled under his breath, crossing his arms. 

"Is it my turn?" Sicheng asked. Everyone nodded. 

"U-um, okay," he responded nervously, awkwardly spinning the bottle until it landed on Yuta. 

"So we are gonna...kiss?" Sicheng asked as Yuta crawled over to him. 

"Yup," Yuta responded, brushing Sicheng's bangs out of his eyes and tucking them behind his ear. Sicheng looked down at the floor before Yuta leaned in slowly, pressing their lips together. 

He kept things chaste for a few moments before opening up their mouths, hand resting on Sicheng's slim waist. Sicheng leaned into him before Yuta finally pulled away, grinning wide. Sicheng's eyes blinked open and a blush dusted over his cheeks, eyes quickly averting from Yuta's gaze. 

"Oh....I didn't think it would be that nice," Sicheng mumbled. 

"Of course it was," Yuta responded, ruffling Sicheng's hair. "I know I'm good." 

Finally, it was Doyoung's turn. Internally, he was nervous and full of butterflies. But on the outside, he glared at everyone and spun the bottle just a little too hard. After whirring around too many times to count, it finally landed on Jaehyun. Doyoung exhaled, trying to decide whether or not he was happy about that outcome. Jaehyun grinned wide, something Doyoung wasn't expecting, and beckoned Doyoung closer. Doyoung crawled over to Jaehyun and Jaehyun pulled him into a tight hug. 

"Have you ever kissed anyone before?" Jaehyun whispered into Doyoung's ear. Doyoung shook his head. "I have, but not that much so I'm not very good," Jaehyun admitted in a whisper. He tilted his head and started kissing Doyoung on the lips. 

Doyoung almost pulled back because of the intensity of the situation. Jaehyun's lips were so soft and so warm against his, and Doyoung felt a strange warmth in his stomach that he couldn't explain. His hands naturally rested on Jaehyun's broad shoulders, and Jaehyun's hands suddenly flew to Doyoung's hips. Doyoung felt so hot, so alive, so energetic and overwhelmed, yet somehow everything felt right. Especially when he finally pulled away and Jaehyun was looking back at him. 

"That was kinda hot," Donghyuck said. Doyoung glared at Donghyuck but Jaehyun just chuckled. 

"For once, I agree with the kid," Johnny responded. 

"Shut up guys," Doyoung whined. Jaehyun suddenly winked at him and Doyoung felt a shiver run down his spine, going back to his place as quickly as he could. 

"My turn, ing finally," Johnny said, spinning the bottle until it landed squarely on Mark. 

"Really?" Mark whined. 

"Come on, you know you want to," Johnny said, waggling his eyebrows. 

"Maybe we should let Johnny roll again," Donghyuck mumbled under his breath. 

"No way! That's breaking the rules," Ten protested. 

"Fine," Mark groaned, walking over to Johnny and plopping down in front of him. Johnny chuckled at Mark's silliness and smiled into the kiss, carding his fingers through his hair as Mark leaned in closer. 

Mark whined a tiny bit when Johnny pulled away then blushed and covered his mouth, physically running away from Johnny. Johnny just laughed as Donghyuck absolutely glowered. 

"Is he really that good?" Taeyong asked. Mark curled up in a tiny nervous ball and Taeil nodded to Taeyong. 

"Please move on," Mark begged the group, his face still hidden in his arms. 

"Jaehyun!" Ten called. Jaehyun smiled and spun the bottle, slowly down around Sicheng. But other than Doyoung, nobody noticed that Jaehyun pushed the bottle ever so slightly. 

"Wow, Doyoung again," Ten teased. 

"What a surprise," Jaehyun responded with a nervous chuckle. Doyoung was trying to process Jaehyun's actions, how he wanted to kiss Doyoung more than Sicheng and was willing to cheat to do it, when Jaehyun suddenly grabbed the back of Doyoung's head and kissed him. This time things were rougher, more passionate, mostly because Doyoung felt more comfortable and Jaehyun didn't feel like he needed to hold back. Jaehyun pulled away panting, his and Doyoung's eyes locked, and Donghyuck physically whistled

"Damn, you two are one hot couple," Taeyong said. 

"Okay, whoever I kiss next, we'd better be good. I'm gonna outdo those two," Ten responded. Doyoung blushed and brushed his hair out of his eyes. 

"I don't think that's possible," Jaehyun said to Ten. Doyoung grinned to himself and Yuta reached over to spin the bottle. The plastic bottle landed on Taeil. Taeil chuckled uncomfortably as Yuta pulled him in for an open mouthed yet quick kiss. Yuta sighed when it was over. 

"Johnny was better, wasn't he?" Yuta asked sadly. Taeil pursed his lips and nodded, and Yuta rolled his eyes. Johnny smirked and nodded. 

"Oh yeah, I'm the best," Johnny said confidently. 

"If you guys let me play I'm sure I would beat all of you at kissing," Donghyuck spoke. The others just laughed at him. 

"No way. You've definitely never kissed someone," Taeyong said. 

"Yes way! I told you guys; I'm the most popular guy in the seventh grade. I've definitely been kissed before. I'm no stranger to spin the bottle," Donghyuck rebutted. 

Everyone just kind of rolled their eyes at him. 

"Anyways....it's my turn," Taeyong said, spinning the bottle and landing on Ten. Both boys smirked seductively at each other. 

"It's time we showed these boys what a hot kiss really looks like," Ten spoke, biting his lips. Taeyong nodded, eyes glued to Ten's seductive pout. Without hesitation he pressed their lips together, open mouthed and lewd, his hands drifting a little too far past Ten's hips but god did he love it. Ten wanted to believe that Taeyong had been saving all this for him, his tongue swiping against Ten's lower lip, his body slowly lowering until he was on top of Ten, just taking his mouth like he owned it. Ten had kissed a lot of guys before, but honestly, it was nothing like this. The boys Ten had kissed before were just that: boys. Taeyong kissed like a man. 

"Is Donghyuck in here?" That deep voice that the boys were starting to recognize spoke. Donghyuck suddenly ducked under the covers of the bed he was sitting on. Taeyong and Ten continued kissing, not hearing the voice, while the other boys looked up. 

"He's up there," Johnny responded, pointing up at the bed Donghyuck was hiding in. The counselor started to walk over to the bed before almost tripping on Taeyong and Ten. The pair finally realized the counselor was in their room and blushed hard, pulling away quickly, but not before the counselor literally saw Taeyong completely on top of Ten. 

"Um...okay," the counselor responded. "Donghyuck, please come out. I see you under those blankets. It's way past your bed time," he said. Donghyuck sighed dramatically, jumping out of the bunk bed and onto the floor. He crossed his arms and glared at Johnny. 

"Thanks for ratting me out, ," Donghyuck angrily said to Johnny. 

"No swearing!" the counselor said to Donghyuck. "By the way guys, my name is Chanyeol. Call me if you ever need me to get rid of this little bastard."

"Oh, we will," Johnny responded. Chanyeol lead Donghyuck out of the door, but not until Donghyuck flipped them all off. 

The room was silent for a few moments. 

"I can't believe the counselor saw us making out!" Ten whined. 

"That was so awkward," Taeyong responded under his breath. Suddenly, Sicheng yawned loudly. 

"Let's go to bed. It's late, and I'm pretty tired," Yuta said. Everyone nodded, going to their respective cabins, minds racing.