Eighteen: A Relaxing Day (never happens when Donghyuck is around)

The Boys of Summer

At breakfast, the nine boys were eating their pancakes in the dining hall. 

"Hey Sehun, are we doing anything today?" Mark asked as the lanky, tattooed counselor passed by their table. 

"No, I'm pretty busy today," Sehun responded, starting to leave the dining hall. The thirteen to fifteens all gazed at each other, confused. 

"Hey wait! What could you possibly be busy with?" Taeyong called to him, turning his head. 

Sehun turned back and started to blush a little, trying to think of an explanation. 

"We are the ones you should be busy with, you know," Johnny added. 

"Uh....gotta go!" Sehun answered, starting to run out of the builiding. 

"He must be having with Yixing," Ten said. 

"Why?" Doyoung asked. 

"His was half hard," Ten explained, leaving Mark and Taeil blushing a little and Sicheng blushing hard. 

"Woohoo! Go get some," Johnny yelled to Sehun. Sehun froze in his spot before shooting the teens an embarrassed glare. He quickly left the dining hall. 

"I knew it," Ten mumbled as the others giggled. 

"What's going on?" Donghyuck suddenly asked, leaning over the table into their little circle. Johnny glared up at him. 

"Come on Johnny, you know you all missed me. You guys ditched me yesterday!" He whined. 

"Our counselor ditched us to have ," Jaehyun explained. 

"Ugh, relatable," Donghyuck responded, squeezing into a seat at the table and throwing Mark a wink. 

"You're twelve," Doyoung deadpanned to Donghyuck. Suddenly, the ten year old from Donghyuck's age group approached their table. 

"Hey Donghyuck, wanna come play soccer with us?" He asked. 

"Um, excuse me, but Jisung, I'm busy hanging out with the cool kids, alright? I don't have time for your childish games. Don't be too disappointed," Donghyuck responded. 

"Donghyuck...you're a lot less cool than you think. And anyways, we were only asking because we needed an even number of players. It's alright though, Chanyeol will play with us instead," the ten year old responded, going back to his own table. 

Donghyuck rolled his eyes and looked at everyone else in the circle. "So what are we doing today?" He asked. 

"We haven't decided," Sicheng responded. 

"I'm pretty tired. Let's just chill at the ledge," Taeyong said. 

"You're always tired," Mark responded. "But that sounds good."

They all put away their eating utensils and made their way over to the ledge, the noises of children playing fading away and the sound of trees rustling in the slight breeze, the late morning sun, and the scent of nature surrounding everything. 

Taeyong and Ten laid down on some of the higher rocks, the ones kissed by the sun, just warm enough to be comfortable. 

"Come on you guys! Hang out with the rest of us. You two spent all of yesterday napping," Mark whined. 

"I think they're onto something. I might have to join them," Johnny said, walking up towards the couple. He stopped, however, when he realized they were passionately making out. 

"Um-" Johnny spoke awkwardly. The couple pulled away and laughed. 

"We always have to have our pre-nap makeout," Ten explained. 

"You two are gross. But I do sorta need a nap," Johnny said, looking around where Taeyong and Ten were, trying to ignore their gross kissing noises. He finally picked a spot, still in the sun but with a tree giving the area a little more shade. He tried to get comfortable in the rocks, finally finding a position where nothing was digging into his back. He shut his eyes, letting his sleepiness take over. 

"Hey Johnny," a quiet voice spoke, forcing Johnny awake. He grunted angrily and opened his eyes. Normally, he would be quite upset if someone woke him up from sleep (he was a teenage boy after all). But to see Taeil staring down at him with his usual sweet, sort of uncomfortable expression, Johnny could never be mad. 

"What's up?" Johnny responded with a tired laugh, the sound of Taeyong and Ten snoring close by filling their ears. 

"What are you up to?" He asked. 

"Just trying to take a short nap," Johnny explained. 

"Oh," Taeil spoke, chuckling quietly. "I was just wondering where you were. Everyone else was being so loud, and I kinda wanted to, you know, escape." 

"Come here then," Johnny happily responded, patting the space next to him on the rocks. Taeil walked over and sat down in the spot. 

"Aren't you tired?" Johnny asked. "Lay down; nap with me!" Taeil hesitantly laid down next to Johnny. 

He exhaled, staring up at the bright blue sky. It was really nice to just relax and get a little more sleep in. Although he was a tad bit cold, since they didn't have blankets. 

Slowly, he scooted in closer to Johnny's huge frame, blushing the whole way. He just wanted to have some of his warmth. Nothing else. At least, that's what he told himself. 

"You can't resist me, can you?" Johnny teased. Taeil slapped his arm. 

"Shut up, idiot," Taeil responded. Johnny looked up and down their bodies. 

"I never realized how small you were," he mumbled tiredly, before shutting his eyes.

"I'm not even that short," Taeil quietly responded, but his heart wasn't in it. In any other situation Taeil would've been totally annoyed by the comment, but by the way Johnny said it, he didn't mind. It wasn't an insult, Taeil was sure. It was like Johnny was almost...protective. Taeil willed away the warming of his heart and finally began to fall asleep. 

Down on the lower part of the ledges, the other boys had all escaped, leaving Mark alone with Donghyuck. 

"Wow, are Johnny, Taeil, Taeyong, and Ten really just napping? Lame-o's!" Donghyuck complained. 

"I don't know why you'd waste camp time just sleeping," Mark softly responded. 

Donghyucked sighed dramatically. "Does everyone really hate me?" He whined. Donghyuck tried to seem joking, but Mark could tell he was being serious. 

"I mean, everyone was annoyed by you at first. But now we all love you," Mark responded truthfully. 

Donghyuck smirked back at him. "Everyone loves me? Even you?" He asked with a sly grin. 

"No way! Of course I don't! I mean, no, I love you, but in a little brother sort of way. You're like my family. Family love," Mark responded firmly. 

Donghyuck pouted. "That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. I don't want brotherly love from you!" He complained. "Fine, whatever, I'll let it go because you're cute," Donghyuck mumbled. Mark blushed a bit at the compliment and Donghyuck glared at him jokingly. 

"You're so confusing! One minute you're insisting that you only feel platonic love towards me and the next you're blushing at the tiniest of compliments," Donghyuck said. "QUIT PLAYING GAMES WITH MY HEART," he sang loudly, leaving Mark laughing like an idiot. Donghyuck just watched him smile, glad he was the one who put it on Mark's face. 

On the other side of a big rock, Yuta and Sicheng were relaxing together. Sicheng had his head on Yuta's lap, Yuta playing with his hair, and the two of them were happily basking in the sun. 

"I can't believe camp is more than halfway over," Yuta mumbled. 

"Me either," Sicheng sadly responded. He'd had the time of his life: as a sheltered, homeschooled kid, he'd learned so many new things and had tried so many new experiences, having a crush being the most crazy and painful of them all. And anyways, the less time left of camp, the less time he could be with Yuta and gather up the courage to confess. 

"I'll definitely miss you the most," Yuta admitted. His words made Sicheng blush and his heart pound hard in his chest. He just prayed Yuta wouldn't be able to hear it. 

"Don't say things like that. We still have a lot of days left," Sicheng responded. Mostly, Sicheng just didn't want to hear Yuta say things that would trick him into thinking certain feelings were there, when they actually weren't. 

A short distance away, Doyoung and Jaehyun were sitting down, sharing candy bars bought from the store. 

"Come and sit here," Jaehyun said. Doyoung sat in between Jaehyun's legs and leaned against his chest, getting more and more used to being touchy with his boyfriend. He loved it a lot though, especially because it was Jaehyun who was his boyfriend. 

Jaehyun looked off into the distance and Doyoung followed his line of site. 

"What's up?" Doyoung asked as Jaehyun started to absentmindedly play with Doyoung's hands. 

"Don't Sicheng and Yuta look like a couple?" Jaehyun asked. Doyoung saw Sicheng with his head in Yuta's lap and Yuta playing with his hair. 

"Yeah...it's kind of weird. Do you think they like each other?" Doyoung asked. 

"I wouldn't know," Jaehyun responded, turning back towards Doyoung and hugging him tight. "I'm too busy focusing on how much I like you."

"You're so cheesy!" Doyoung whined, but he was smiling wide. Jaehyun pecked Doyoung lightly on the cheek and grinned. 

"Only for you," Jaehyun mumbled in response, holding his boyfriend tighter. 

Suddenly, the lunch bell rang loud and clear across camp grounds. The couples unlaced themselves from each other, and the napping boys woke up with sleepy groans. 

"It's like breakfast all over again," Johnny grumbled, forcing himself up.