Six: Lazy Days

The Boys of Summer

Doyoung had not slept a wink. Despite being beyond exhausted, the racing of his mind and the butterflies in his stomach prevented him from falling asleep for the whole night. He'd finally been able to sleep in the morning, around when the breakfast bell rang, but he woke back up soon after. 

In the afternoon, someone knocked on their door. 

"Who is it?" Taeil groaned. Apparently, the others were in the same situation. 

"Just us," Mark tiredly responded. He, Jaehyun, Yuta, and Sicheng sleepily walked into the room, sitting down on the floor in their pajamas. 

"Wanna head to the dining hall? The lunch bell just rang a few minutes ago," Taeyong said, standing up. 

"I'm so not hungry," Sicheng responded sadly. Most of the others nodded. 

"What's wrong with you guys?" Johnny asked with concern. Usual, he and Taeyong were the ones who were too tired to get up for breakfast and even lunch. 

"After I had my first kiss I almost threw up," Ten explained. "It's a lot of nerves." Johnny and Taeyong nodded. 

"Wow, were me, Taeyong, and Ten the only ones who had been kissed before?" Johnny asked. 

"I'd been kissed before but only ever by one person," Yuta explained. 

"I'd kissed before too but never made out," Jaehyun added. Johnny nodded in understanding. 

"You guys must be dead tired then," Taeyong said understandingly. Everyone else groaned and nodded. 

"What are we gonna do today?" Jaehyun asked. 

"I am not leaving this cabin," Taeil responded, rolling off of his bed and onto the floor with the others. Doyoung figured he should do the same, getting up and angrily sitting on the floor. 

"I heard there's an art shack, maybe we can do some crafting from there," Sicheng said optimisitically. 

"Like what?" Ten asked. 

"I dunno, I could teach you all how to make friendship bracelets," Sicheng responded. 

"Let's do that," Yuta said enthusiastically. 

"Sounds kinda lame," Taeyong responded. 

"It's summer camp; we have to make a few friendship bracelets," Johnny responded. Taeyong stood up with a groan. 

"I'll get some string. Does anyone want food from the dining hall?" Taeyong asked. 

"Don't they have cereal in the back? That sounds nice," Mark said softly. Everyone agreed with him, so Taeyong promised to bring everyone back some lucky charms. 

"Oh, Ten, could you come with me?" Taeyong asked. Ten looked confused but nodded and smiled. 

"Sure," he responded, standing up and following Taeyong out the door. 

The walk to the art shack was silent for reasons that Ten couldn't pinpoint, a strange tension coming from Taeyong. They quickly picked up the string and headed towards the dining hall. 

"Are you alright?" Ten suddenly asked. He knew Taeyong was a quiet person, but Taeyong had start being more talkative around him, up until now at least. 

Taeyong sighed. "Look, I know this is a bit weird," he said quietly, nerves evident in his tone. "But I figured that since camp isn't very long, I might as well say this now. I like you a lot," Taeyong said, stopping in the middle of the gravel road and turning towards Ten. Ten looked up at him, eyes wide but expression unreadable. "You're really sweet and cute and I don't want any of the other guys snatching you up. So, you should be my boyfriend. If you want," he spoke, brushing away his hair and looking at the floor. 

"Wait...are you serious?" Ten asked. Taeyong nodded. 

"I-I mean I know we haven't known each other very long, I'm really sorry for making things awkward, we only have a month though and I didn't wanna waste that time, I'm really ing sorry, man, I'll just shut up now," Taeyong trailed off. 

"No no no, Taeyong, I like you too," Ten responded excitedly, grabbing Taeyong's wrists. Taeyong looked up at him and Ten grinned. "I just kinda thought you were joking at first."

"You thought I was joking? Ten, you're ing perfect," Taeyong spoke. 

"Says Lee Taeyong, the literal god," Ten responded, gaze driting from Taeyong's eyes to his well-bitten lips. Taeyong smirked down and Ten and kissed him, Ten into his mouth as he grabbed his shirt to pull him closer. Taeyong wrapped his arm around Ten's waist, his free hand carding through Ten's silky hair. 

"Can you guys not?" A voice suddenly called. Taeyong and Ten turned around to see Sehun, their counselor, looking at them with disappointment. 

"You're just salty that you and the five to sevens aren't the hottest couple at camp any more," Ten responded. 

"And who, may I ask, is the hottest couple at camp?" Sehun asked. 

Ten gestured to himself and Taeyong. "Us."

"Yeah," Taeyong added. Sehun just shook his head and laughed, walking down the gravel road. 

"As much as I want to make out with you more, we do need to get food for the others," Taeyong spoke once the counselor was gone. 

Ten sighed. "You're right." But Taeyong grabbed Ten's hand and interlaced their fingers, and Ten automatically felt better. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Ten and Taeyong returned to their cabin a few minutes later carrying string and cereal with no milk in cups for everyone. They were holding hands too and looking extra giddy, and the other boys were quite confused. 

"Are you two dating now or something?" Yuta asked. Ten grinned proudly. 

"Yes we are!" Ten responded. Taeyong squeezed Ten's hand. 

"That was awfully fast," Jaehyun commented. 

"Only took you two six days," Johnny added as Taeyong and Ten went up into Taeyong's bed, the top of a bunk bed. 

"Well, you guys are going to start having crushes on each other, and you won't even confess until the last day of camp and waste the entire summer, alright? I just wanted a head start so I could spend as much with Ten as possible," Taeyong explained. 

"I guess it makes sense," Mark responded. 

"Jaehyun," Ten mouthed to Doyoung when only Doyoung was looking. Doyoung just rolled his eyes, turning back to Sicheng who was explaining how to make the braceletes. 

Once all the boys had set to work (other than Taeyong and Ten, who were just snuggling in Taeyong's bed), Yuta turned to the others. 

"Why is it so quiet?" Yuta asked. The others thought for a moment. 

"Donghyuck isn't here," Jaehyun responded after a few moments. 

"You know, I kinda miss that little ," Taeil admitted. 

"Me too," Mark added. 

"I don't. He's a brat," Johnny responded, and everyone chuckled. 

"He's got a huge crush on you, Mark," Doyoung said. Mark immediately turned a bright shade of red. 

"No way!" He whined. 

"Doyoung is right. He's always flirting with you. Well, whatever the twelve year old version of flirting is. He's doing that," Johnny said. 

"You guys are making stuff up," Mark responded with an uncomfortable laugh. 

Later in the evening, right before dinner, Sicheng finished his bracelet. He was the first one done, and it actually looked good, so everyone was begging for it. 

"Um....I guess I'll give it to....Yuta," Sicheng finally decided. Yuta grinned with pride, holding out his wrist for Sicheng to tie it on. When Sicheng finished, Yuta pulled Sicheng onto his lap. 

"You're so cute," Yuta said sweetly. "Isn't he so cute?" Yuta announced to the group. "Like a kitten." 

Sicheng blushed softly, but Yuta just laughed. Sicheng knew that their kiss meant a lot more to him than it did to Yuta, but he couldn't stop himself from thinking that Yuta was really handsome. And thinking about how handsome he was. All that time. And on top of the fact that Yuta sort of babied him, so it was hard not to imagine him as the sweet, caring boyfriend he'd always seen in TV shows. 

"Okay, I can say that it's official that I'm the best kisser here," Johnny bragged, breaking Sicheng out of his thoughts. 

"I have to say, Taeyong is pretty good," Ten responded. 

"Not as good as Johnny," Mark responded. 

"I think Mark is right," Taeil added. "Anyways, you're biased."

"I've kissed more people in my fourteen years of life than you guys will ever kiss as long as you live. I can genuinely say Taeyong's one of the best," Ten responded. 

"But you've never kissed Johnny," Taeil mumbled. Ten rolled his eyes but Taeyong grinned at Ten defending him, pulling Ten closer into his arms. 

Doyoung thought for a moment. Yeah, supposedly Johnny and Taeyong and Ten were good, but Doyoung was really happy he'd only kissed Jaehyun. From what Doyoung could tell, Jaehyun was pretty good, and Doyoung was sort of even starting to accept his crush on the thirteen year old. 

Finally, the dinner bell rung. 

"More cereal?" Taeyong asked, standing up and getting out of the bed with Ten. 

"Yes please," Sicheng responded. Ten started to fix up the blankets on Taeyong's bed before Taeyong stopped him. 

"Don't worry about fixing our bed," he said. 

"Our bed? You two are sharing a bed now?" Yuta asked. 

"I mean, we're a couple and our parents aren't here. Of course we're going to share a bed," Ten responded. 

"Please don't have while we're sharing a cabin," Johnny said desperately. 

"Of course not! We've only known each other for six days," Taeyong responded. 

"Come on, let's go so we can make out right now and get it out of our system," Ten said, pulling Taeyong along, but with Ten, Taeyong was always along for the ride.