Twenty One: Hangovers

The Boys of Summer

The next morning, Doyoung was awoken by a loud groan. The noise didn't phase him, however, as the sound of the breakfast bell usually made Johnny and Taeyong, his cabinmates, make that frustrated noise. 

But when he opened his eyes, his surroundings were unfamiliar. Instead of looking over and seeing Taeil, he spotted Sicheng and Yuta in the bed next to his. His eyes widened, darting from the book in his hands to the figure waking up next to him. 

"Jaehyun?" Doyoung shouted. Jaehyun rubbed his bleary eyes and blinked. 

"Whuh...what are you doing here?" His boyfriend asked. 

"I dunno, you tell me," Doyoung responded. 

"Can you guys not talk so loud?" Yuta mumbled, sitting up and rubbing his head. 

"But why am I here?" Doyoung asked. 

"You must've fallen asleep while we were hanging out last night and just never left," Jaehyun responded. Doyoung looked down to see he was still in his clothes from the day before, and his explanation made sense. 

But it was weird to think of them sleeping in the same bed. He had slept very well, and Jaehyun's bed was quite cozy. But the thought still sort of freaked him out. 

"Why did you get back in so late last night?" Mark asked Yuta and Yuta winced when he stood up. 

"Me and the others got really drunk last night. Ten and Taeyong stole some vodka from the counselors," Yuta explained, rubbing his temples in circles. 

"You look pretty sick," Mark said. 

"I am," Yuta responded. 

"Come on, putting some food in you will be good. Let's go to the dining hall with the others," Jaehyun said, smiling at Doyoung and reaching for his hand. 

As they walked down the gravel path to meet the others, Jaehyun turned to Doyoung. 

"Are you mad about last night?" Jaehyun asked. Doyoung shook his head. 

"No," he responded, mostly sincerely. 

"I hope you know I would never take advantage of you," Jaehyun said softly. 

"Of course not! I'm sure it was an accident," Doyoung answered, and smiled back at Jaehyun. They shared a small kiss before noticing that the boys from the other cabin had arrived. Today, Ten was the only one there, and he looked just as dead as Yuta. 

"Where are the others?" Sicheng asked. 

"Taeil's throwing up in the bathroom and Taeyong and Johnny are helping him," Ten responded, suddenly noticing Doyoung. "Wait Doyoung, where were you last night?"

Doyoung blushed a bit. "I crashed at their cabin," he responded. 

"They slept in the same bed," Mark explained. 

"Ooh!" Ten teased, "Go get that d Doyoungie!" Doyoung rolled his eyes and flipped off Ten before walking into the dining hall as a group. 

While they were eating, Sicheng turned to Yuta. 

"How much do you remember from last night?" He asked. He wanted to confront Yuta about that cheek kiss last night. He needed to know what was going through his brain. 

"....I can't remember anything after Donghyuck came in and tried to get the vodka," Yuta responded. "Ten, what happened after Donghyuck came in?" He asked.

"Wait...Donghyuck came in?" Ten asked. Yuta laughed and Sicheng sighed. He wasn't getting any more information. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Later on in the day, everyone split up. Johnny and Taeil were still in the bathroom (poor Taeil could not handle his alcohol), Doyoung, Jaehyun, Mark, and Sicheng were on the ledge, and Yuta was napping in his cabin. That left Taeyong and Ten alone in their cabin. 

"Ugh, I'm so hungover. I can't imagine drinking anything else for a long time," Taeyong said. 

"What are we going to do with the rest of that alcohol then?" Ten responded, resting his head on Taeyong's leg. 

"Hmm...I mean, we could slip it back into Sehun's room," Taeyong spoke. 

"I'm sure we'll get caught that way," Ten responded, and Taeyong knew he was right. 

"I guess we can offer it to the others to take home with them. I'm totally down to if no one else wants to. I don't want it now but I'm sure I'll need it once school starts up again," Taeyong spoke. Ten grunted and Taeyong laid down tiredly. Ten scooted next to him so they were only a few inches apart. 

Taeyong closed the small gap between them and pressed their lips together, carding his hands through Ten's pitch black hair. Ten kissed back, softly at first, his hands trailing along the small dip in Taeyong's slim waist. 

It wasn't often that the two of them got this alone time to be a little bit physical; either they were in public or everyone else was in the cabin. Although they were willing to make out while everyone else was asleep, it wasn't quite the same. It was nice to have this freedom; where they could take their time. 

Taeyong deepened their kiss and opened his mouth, inching ever closer to his boyfriend of two weeks. It was odd to think they'd only been together for such a short time when Taeyong felt so strongly about him, but they did spend every single day and night together, so their bond was definitely stronger. 

Ten rolled on top of Taeyong and things became more heated, hands trailing below the waist as Taeyong started to fumble with the belt on Ten's waist. Ten didn't mind, not at all, in fact a spike of excitement and arousal shot through him at the sensation. 

Ten helped Taeyong toss his belt to the side as Taeyong began to press his mouth to the side of Ten's neck, sounding shivers down Ten's spine. Ten's little exhales and moans of arousal sent Taeyong into a tailspin, making him wonder how he'd ended up with such a y and perfect boyfriend. Ten sat up and Taeyong followed, mouth still on Ten's love bite dotted neck as Ten pulled Taeyong's shirt over his head and Taeyong did the same. 

Of course they'd seen each other shirtless at the pool but it was nothing like this. Context was everything and being able to see and feel Taeyong's skin like this made Ten heady with arousal, his toned muscles shifting under Ten's delicate fingers. Taeyong suddenly flipped them over so he was on top, pressing Ten down into the mattress and capturing his lips once again. Ten didn't mind the roughness, in fact he quite enjoyed it, and he gave way to whatever Taeyong wanted to do. 

Out of pure instinct Ten began to push down Taeyong's shorts and Taeyong quickly followed suit, leaving Taeyong in his boxers and Ten in his briefs. They locked eyes for a brief moment and suddenly, Ten felt a spike of fear run down his spine. Caught up in the moment he'd stripped his boyfriend almost , but now he suddenly felt exposed. The enormity of the situation was catching up to him and he realized that he was actually going to do it. He was going to have for the first time, and he suddenly felt incredibly vulnerable, covering up his bare chest with his hands. 

He'd been praying for this moment since the minute his body had begun puberty but now that it was here, he was...scared. How could this be? He couldn't back out now; he'd wanted to do it for so long. He had to go through with it, so he reached over and tugged down Taeyong's boxers in one smooth motion. Taeyong grunted and pulled Ten in for another kiss, reaching for Ten's white briefs. 

As Taeyong started to tug the corner down Ten pushed his hand away and pulled them back up.

"W-wait," Ten said, panting harshly, his eyes blown wide and nervous. Taeyong looked him up and down before gazing back into his eyes. 

"You're not ready," Taeyong said flatly, still making eye contact. 

"N-no I am! I just need a minute I swear," Ten responded, his voice high pitched and anxious. Taeyong sighed and pulled back up his boxers, Ten too nervous to even spare a glance down at Taeyong's privates. 

"It's okay Ten," Taeyong said, leaning over Ten's frame and putting back on his pants, making him look smaller than ever. "I wasn't even sure if I was ready either."

"But-" Ten began until Taeyong gave him a chaste kiss, his protest dying on his lips. Ten sighed as Taeyong laid down on their bed, and Ten crawled into his arms. 

Ten sighed softly. "It's just....I've been telling myself for years that I'd do it as soon as the opportunity presented itself, because I really really wanted to. But now that it actually happened....I just feel so dumb and weak for backing out." 

"How old are you again?" Taeyong asked rhetorically, kissing Ten's forehead. 

"Fourteen," Ten responded. 

"Exactly. You have all the time in the world," Taeyong said. 

"But I...I really want to do it with you. And what if we're not together then?" Ten worriedly asked. 

Taeyong turned to Ten and gave him a look. "I know we're only teenagers, young teenagers at that, but I'm pretty sure we're going to be together for a long, long time. At least I hope so."

Ten gave Taeyong a small smile, looking up at him. "I hope so too," he responded. "A-are you sure you're not too disappointed or mad at me?" Ten worriedly asked. 

"Babe, no way! I told you, I wasn't sure if I was ready either. I'm a too, you know. A total . I'm probably less experienced than you, in fact," Taeyong said. 

Ten sighed yet again and snuggled closer to Taeyong. "That makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for noticing I wasn't ready," Ten said softly. 

"And thanks for being perfect," Taeyong responded, kissing Ten with pure love.