Two: Donghyuck's Annoying But At Least Jaehyun's Hot

The Boys of Summer

As soon as Doyoung opened his eyes the next morning, he rolled his eyes. Instead of being at his cozy bed at home, he was stuck here at summer camp. 

The previous day hadn't been so bad. After all the boys had introduced themselves, they'd all just gone back to their cabins and kept to themselves. Other than the occasional conversation with Ten, Doyoung had been able to get through a substancial amount of his book before turning in for the night. No physical activity, no outdoor time, no overenthusiastic counselor. To his surprise, and joy, he'd ended up with an extremely unenthusiastic counselor. 

But he was sure today would be different. His parents had paid money for him to be here; he was bound to be forced to go outside. 

The sudden blaring of a bell awoke the other boys in Doyoung's cabin: he ended up sharing the place with Ten, Taeyong, Johnny, and Taeil. Doyoung could hear loud groans coming from every bed, and he laughed at the other boy's laziness as he slipped on some shoes. 

"What the  is that bell?" Johnny groaned in a deep, sleepy voice. Ten bit his lip and gave Doyoung a look. For some reason, Ten had decided that Doyoung was to be his confidant for all of his thirsty thoughts. 

"I think that's the breakfast bell," Taeil tiredly responded. Ten got out of his bed and sat down next to Doyoung. 

"Johnny's morning voice is so y," he whispered in Doyoung's ear. Doyoung just shrugged awkwardly. 

"We should get going then," Taeyong responded to Taeil. He gave Ten a once over before grabbing his shoes. Ten's eyes widened. 

"Taeyong's voice is even ier!" He whispered excitedly before getting off of Doyoung's bed to put on his shoes. They all finished getting ready and shared looks. 

"Let's go together," Taeyong decided. They all followed him out the door, soon catching up with the other boys in their age group. 

"Hey guys!" Jaehyun said, smiling at all of them. 

"How are you so ing awake? It's eight am," Johnny growled back. Jaehyun shrugged and smiled softly. 

"I dunno...I guess it's just nice out," he responded. Doyoung turned his eyes upward. It really was nice out; the sun was shining and only a few sparse clouds dotted the blue sky. He looked back at the road at the same time Jaehyun did. They momentarily locked eyes but Doyoung quickly turned his head away, a soft blush dusting his cheeks. What even was that?

Everyone else was already there by the time the boys went into the dining hall. 

"You're late," the tiny chef growled at them, dropping pancakes onto their plates. 

"We're not late, we're fashionably late," Yuta replied. The chef glared back at him. 

"Sorry," Sicheng said sheepishly. 

"I like that one," the chef said, patting Sicheng's head. "But the rest of you are now on my list. My name is Kyungsoo. Remember it well." He stomped away. 

They all shared a slightly confused look before bursting out laughing. 

"What the hell just happened?" Johnny asked the group while chuckling loudly. Suddenly they all realized they were quite hungry and quickly scarfed up their food. 

Once they finished, they noticed all the counselors approaching the table with their age group at it. Sehun walked by their table and eyed all of them. 

"What are we doing today?" Yuta asked. 

"Uh...nothing. Go do whatever you want," Sehun responded and started to walk away. 

"Wait a second," Johnny said, and Sehun slowly backed over to the table again. "Isn't this your job?"

"Yeah. But like I said, I'm only here to avoid my parents and see my boyfriend. I give 0 s about anything else," Sehun said. He shrugged, pulled a cigarette out of his pocket, and walked away from their table once again. 

"Sehun! I'm paying you to do this! Not just laze around!" The camp director, Joonmyeon, yelled to the thirteen to fifteens counselor.

"You can't make me do anything, grandpa!" Sehun yelled back, leaving the dining hall as quickly as he came. 

The campers all turned back to each other. 

"So...what should we do?" Taeyong asked the group. 

"We should just go back to our cabins. That was so nice yesterday," Taeil responded. Doyoung grinned widely. 

"No way! If I'm gonna be here for a month, I wanna actually make some friends," Mark whined. Doyoung stopped grinning. 

"I agree. Let's hang out," Ten said. Doyoung glared at his only friend at this camp. How could he have betrayed him this way?

"Yes! Friendship dab," Mark responded, then proceeded to dab. Everyone at the table glared at him except Sicheng, who just looked confused. 

"That was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life," Johnny said. 

"What's a dab?" Sicheng asked. Everyone turned their attention towards him in shock. 

"How do you not know what a dab is?" Jaehyun asked. "Aren't you the same age as us?" Sicheng just shrugged uncomfortably. 

"Come on guys, let's get out of here before the mean chef bugs us again. We can hang out around the pool; I think all the other groups have activities today so we'll have it all to ourselves," Taeyong said. The other's cheered, even Taeil, but Doyoung rolled his eyes. He could always just ditch these guys and hang out in the cabin though, so he was fine. 

As everyone was walking back to their cabins, Ten pulled Doyoung aside. 

"Oh my god I am SO READY to see all of these guys shirtless!" Ten quietly squealed in Doyoung's ear. "Johnny, Yuta, Jaehyun, and especially Taeyong. Mmh. Who are you looking out for? I saw Jaehyun making eyes at you earlier you know."

"I think I'm just going to stay in the cabin and read my book," Doyoung responded. Ten pouted at him. 

"Doyoung! You can't abandon me. Come on! We'll have fun in the pool," Ten responded. 

"Wait, you aren't gonna come?" Jaehyun asked Doyoung, abandoning his conversation with Mark. He looked almost hurt, like Doyoung had personally rejected hanging out with him, and even Doyoung couldn't resist his handsome expression. 

"Well, maybe it will be fun," Doyoung said quietly. Ten and Jaehyun cheered, and Doyoung was ed. Normally, he would do anything to stay inside and read his book. Well, he was still reading his book. He'd just bring it with him to the pool.

The boys quickly got dressed and headed to the pool. Doyoung sat himself down at the edge, putting his feet in the water with his book in his hands. He felt a tap on the shoulder, and he turned around to see Ten standing over him, eyes ablaze. 

Without warning, Ten plopped down next to him and grabbed his head. 

"Everyone is so hot I'm gonna die!" Ten whisper yelled into his ear. Doyoung did have to admit that everyone, especially the older boys, looked pretty nice. Even his eyes lingered on Jaehyun's body a little too long for his liking. 

"Hey Ten?" A quiet but strong voice spoke. Doyoung and Ten looked up to see Taeyong standing over them. Ten's eyes immediately glazed over with lust, and Doyoung noticed Taeyong's eyes do a slow rake over Ten's body. 

"I-I wanted to talk to you about dance, because I remember you saying you liked it yesterday. I like to dance a little bit too, I'm not that good, but I dunno, so..." Taeyong trailed off. His stance was tall and his voice was confident but by the way he was fidgeting and brushing his hair out of his eyes, Doyoung could see he was nervous. Why would he be nervous to talk to Ten? Ten was practically falling at his feet. 

"Um, sure," Ten responded with an 'I'm pretending to be innocent but I'm really not' kind of giggle, standing up. 

"I think he's my favorite," Ten whispered before sitting down on a lawn chair with Taeyong. Doyoung sighed. At least he could read his book again. 

But before he could really get into it, a loud voice brought his attention back into the world. 

"Hey cool teenagers!" A loud voice called. Everyone looked up to see a child wearing a disturbingly confident smirk, sauntering towards them. He looked around at them all and blew a kiss to where Mark, Sicheng, and Yuta had been playing in the pool. 

"You guys may be cool, but I'm definitely the coolest. My name is Donghyuck and I am way cooler than all of you," he spoke. 

"And...how old are you?" Johnny asked. 

"I'm twelve," Donghyuck answered. 

"Figures," Taeyong mumbled, immediately focusing his attention back onto Ten. 

"Don't you have somewhere to be? Like, playing a game or something?" Yuta asked. Donghyuck rolled his eyes. 

"The other guys in my group are lame-o! I wanted to be with my people?"

"And who, exactly, are your people?" Johnny asked sarcastically. 

"The cool people, obviously," Donghyuck responded, pulling off his shirt and leaping into the pool. He splashed water all over the campers but he didn't care, smiling over to Mark with a smirk that made everyone slightly uncomfortable. 

"You know, your friends here are quite handsome," he said to Mark, slowly swimming towards the thirteen year old as he backed away. He swam right up to Mark until they were just inches apart. Donghyuck was a lot shorter though, since he looked to be a while away from puberty at that point. He gave Mark a once over and Mark blushed, looking away from the boy. Donghyuck cleared his throat and began to speak again. "But I think you're the prettiest one."

"Donghyuck?" A deep voice suddenly screamed. 

"," Donghyuck said under his breath, running out of the pool as fast as he could. He grabbed his top and disappeared into the woods just as a gigantically tall counselor ran into the pool area. 

"Have you guys seen a boy? Red hair, tan, maybe twelve years old, totally obnoxious?" The man asked in between his heavy breaths. 

"He went that way," Johnny casually responded, pointing into the woods. The counselor nodded and started to chase after Donghyuck before turning back to the group. 

"Wait, what are you guys doing here? Where's your counselor?" He asked. 

"He's abadoned us," Yuta responded. 

"How old are you guys?" The counselor asked. 

"Thirteen, fourteen and fifteen," Taeyong explained. The counselor suddenly smiled at them and laughed. 

"Well...good luck, boys."