Chapter 8 - Packed Lunch

Better in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           Jong Kook and Ji Hyo sat on the bench. They’re still outside the hospital. He told her what happen to Rae Won and why Soo Ae is like that to him.

 

          “It’s not your fault...” Ji Hyo said after hearing his story.

 

          Jong Kook looks at her. “You know I’ve been in your situation...I almost...killed myself...” he smiles sadly. “My best friend is gone...I saved lives everyday...but I can’t even save him...I feel so useless then...I felt so alone...and hurt...Why did I left him to be alone?...” he stops trying not to cry.

 

          “But then Rae Won saves me...how I didn’t know…but he did it...in his exceptional way...We all have been in that point of life...when we feel so down and wanted to give up...heaven is really testing us...but all we must do is...hold on...and keep on going...because all we need to know is...everything will be okay...right?...” he smiles at her.

 

          Ji Hyo nodded. “Ne~...Everything will be okay...I really admire your personality Jong Kook-ssi...and the goodness of your heart...You’re really strong...” she said.

 

          “And you are too...I’m really happy for you...”

 

          “You don’t have to worry that much...I’ll be okay...I’ve decided to move forward...”

 

          “So what’s your first move then?...Hmmm...What do you do before?...”

 

          “I’m a chef...I work on a hotel before...As you know...I’m not working now...I stop...”

 

          “Any plans?...or is there anything you’re planning before?...or anything you want?...” Jong Kook asked continuously. He’s really excited hearing her plans.

 

          “Hmmmm...I really do want to have my own restaurant...” she said thinking about it.

 

          “Do it then...I’m sure it will be jjang~!...” he smiles.

 

          Ji Hyo smiles too looking at him. “How can you be so sure with that...you don’t even have a taste---...”

 

          “Then cook for me...cook something for me...” Jong Kook suddenly said. “Hmmm…you’ll cook right?...” he said and pouts.

 

          Ji Hyo is looking at him and can’t help but laugh. “Don’t do that…” she said still can’t believe he’s acting cute. Jong Kook didn’t stop. He is still pouting.

 

          “Araseo~…You win…” Ji Hyo said.

 

          “ASA~…Promise?...” he said.

 

          “Promise…” she said.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

          Se Jeong is looking at Soo Ae.

 

          “Unnie~…Stop getting mad at Jong Kook Oppa…I really hope you’ll be friends again…like before…” Se Jeong said. “You know it too…it’s not his fault…and it’s not yours too…”

 

          Soo Ae looks at her. “Se Jeong-ah…I’m…really sorry…for everything…I’m really really sorry...” her tears fall.

 

          Se Jeong hugs her. “Unnie…don’t hate yourself too…Oppa..didn’t want that…You know how much he loves you...” Se Jeong loves her too like her own sister.

 

          Soo Ae cries her out that night.

 

          Flashback

 

          ~ Day when Rae Won proposes to her ~

 

          Rae Won is kneeling while holding the ring. Soo Ae looks at him and shakes her head.

 

          “I’m so sorry Rae Won-ah…” she said.

 

          Rae Won stands up and stares at her. “Why Soo Ae-yah?...Is there something wrong?...Tell me…Do you think it’s still not t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter