Chapter 12 - I'll be greedy now

Better in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Jong Kook sees her but when she stops and he sees that she will get hit with the motorcycle. He immediately runs and pulls her. He was so scared to death thinking she’ll be hurt. He shouted at her but when he sees her sad face and was about to cry he felt so guilty. Why did he shout at her?

 

          Ji Hyo’s tears were about to fall but she stops and let her hand go to his.

 

          “YOU DON’T NEED TO SHOUT AT ME~!...” she shouted at him too. She turns her back and leaves. “What is his problem really?...Why he’s getting mad?...It’s not like a purposely do that…Aish Jinja…” she said in her mind.

 

          She walks back to her restaurant. She needs to calm down.

 

          Jong Kook looks at Soo Ae.

 

          “I’m sorry Soo Ae-yah…but I need to go to her…” he said and follows where Ji Hyo goes.

 

          Soo Ae looks at him and smiles. “That’s right Jong Kook-ah…Look to your feelings too…Think about yourself more…You’re really a good man…Be happy…Jong Kook-ah” she said in her mind.

 

          Ji Hyo keeps on walking but then Jong Kook catch up and grabs her hand. She gets flustered but she’s really mad at him. What is he thinking? After not showing for 3 weeks, he’ll shout at her.

 

          Jong Kook looks apologetic. Seeing her mad face, he gets so nervous.

 

          “Don’t touch me~…” she said and pulls away her hand.

 

          But Jong Kook holds it tighter. He looks at her.

 

          “I’m sorry…I shouldn’t do that…I just get so scared of what might happen…if I didn’t get to you at the right time…” he said sincerely. “I’m really sorry…Ji Hyo-ssi…” he added.

 

          Looking at him, Ji Hyo’s tears started to flow. She really misses this man.

 

          Jong Kook wipes her tears and hugs her.

 

Flashback

 

~ 2 weeks passed by since his last visit to Ji Hyo ~

 

          “Yah~ Jong Kook-ah…It’s been a week…I never hear you tell stories about Ji Hyo…Are you not visiting her?...” Kyung Min asked.

 

          They’re now at the headquarters rooftop drinking some beer. Jong Kook takes a sip to his beer.

 

          He shakes his head. “I stop visiting her…”

 

          “WAEYO???...Is this because you already saves her…It’s all done…”

 

          “Ani~…It’s just…I want her to be happy…because there is someone…who is really a part of her life before…who knows her more…who will be able to bring happiness to her…”

 

          “Boyfriend?...Ahhh…Is that so…Her past love came back and you exited…”

 

          Jong Kook looks at him. “Don’t say it like that…Ji Hyo is my friend…”

 

          “A friend?...are you damn serious about that?...Look Jong Kook-ah…We’ve been friends for years…I know you…Ji Hyo-ssi is a special person in your life now…but somehow I don’t get you…you look at Soo Ae too…”

 

          “Soo Ae is my friend…and a very special person to my best friend…I feel too responsible for her…It’s not what you think…”

 

          “So you don’t like her anymore?...In a romantic way?…Is that what you’re saying?...”

 

          “Ne~…when Rae Won and her became lovers…I already stop my feelings to her…” Jong Kook said.

 

 

          “I get it…and I understand you my friend…” Kyung Min said.

 

          “The truth is…I visited her…everyday…I just didn’t show up myself…I look from a far…I just can’t…stop myself seeing her…I miss her so much…”

 

          “You like her…” Kyung Min smiles at him.

 

          Jong Kook nodded. “But…I stop here…she looks happy now…”

 

          “What are you saying?...Come on go tell her…”

 

          “To those days I visited her…that man is always there…he always put a smile to her face…They were happy…and I should not ruin that…” he said sincerely.

 

          Kyung Min pats his back. “Kim Jong Kook the great…Aigggoooooo~…”

 

End of Flashback

 

          Ji Hyo felt warm in his embrace. Everything seems so right when he’s with her. She looks at him.

 

          “I’m really sorry…” Jong Kook said again.

 

          She didn’t say a thing instead she grabs his hand and they walk to her restaurant. She let him seat and she goes to the kitchen. She prepares something to him. Jong Kook is only staring at her. How much he wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter