Chapter 15 - Meant to be

Better in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Flashback…when Ji Hyo is only 9 years old ~

 

          8pm, they were about to sleep when Ji Eun cries.

 

          “Ji Eun-ah…Stop crying…Yah~! SONG JAE RIM~!…What did you do to her?...” Ji Hyo shouted at him.

 

          “I didn’t do anything Noona~…I only said…that it’s hard to find fireflies…” Jae Rim said and pouts.

 

          “Ji Eun-ah…Unnie will find it…Hmm…Stop crying…” she said.

 

          Ji Eun stops. “Jeongmal?...” she said with her cute voice.

 

          Ji Hyo nodded. “I promise…I’ll find it and give it to you…”

 

          “Yey~!!...Thank you Unnie~…” Ji Eun hugs her.

 

          They’re currently in Daegu to her mother’s relatives. They were having their vacation with them.

 

          Ji Hyo sneaks out to find fireflies. She keeps on walking but to her dismay she can’t find even one. She sits to rest.

 

          “When can I find fireflies?...” she said.

 

          Then a boy who is passing by walks towards her. “Annyong~…I heard you saying you’re looking for fireflies…” he said.

 

          She nodded. “I can’t find it…”

 

          The boy offers his hand to her. “Let’s go…and find it…I know a place where they live…” he said and smiles. Ji Hyo takes his hand. They go to the place he’s talking about.

 

          The place is so beautiful. The moon reflects on the lake. Ji Hyo is so amused by it.

 

          “It’s really beautiful…” she said.

 

          “Close your eyes…and count to three…” the boy said.

 

          Ji Hyo does it and the boy too. “1….2….3…” she counted.

 

          “Open your eyes…” the boy said.

 

          And as she opens her eyes, it’s like stars where scattered on the field. It was like a magic.

 

          “Woooow~!...Jinja Yeppeo…” Ji Hyo amazed.

 

          “This is paradise…” the boy smiles.

 

          “I want Jae Rim and Ji Eun to see this…” she said.

 

          “We’ll go again then…for now let’s catch for them to see…” he said and they started to catch.

 

          After catching, they went home. The boy brings her home and said his goodbyes then taps her nose three times. Ji Hyo thanked him but she forgot to ask his name.

 

~ End of Flashback ~

 

          “It’s you…” she smiles brightly and hugs him. “Who could have thought?...I get to meet you again…” she looks at him and holds his hand. “Even before you were my savior…” she smiles.

 

          Jong Kook bridges the gap and planted a sweet kiss into her lips.

 

          “I’m so happy…Ji Hyo-ssi…I don’t know what to say…I just thought that…meeting you again it is like…it’s meant to be…” he smiles sweetly then bows to her parents. “I’m sorry Abeonim…Eomeonim…” he added.

 

          Ji Hyo smiles looking at him. She holds his hand tightly. Jong Kook looks at her with his smile then kisses her forehead.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter