Chapter 5 - New Path

Better in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Day of Jong Kook’s friend Death Anniversary, Daegu ~

 

          2:00pm, Jong Kook together with Se Jeon and her Eomma pays respect to his friend Kim Rae Won. They all bow in front of his picture.

 

          Rae Won is his best friend since childhood. They were the super buddies. They were always together.

 

          “Did you already go to his tomb Eommoni?...” Jong Kook asks.

 

          “Ne~...Earlier morning...”

 

          “I’ll go later too...”

 

          He leaves their house and said his goodbyes. He buys a bottle of soju to the mart and head to where Rae Won is.

 

          He walks and stops when he sees a woman standing in front of Rae Won’s tomb. The woman felt his presence and looks at him.

 

          Jong Kook walks towards her. He knelt and opens the bottle of soju and pours some to Rae Won’s tomb then he bows. 

 

          As he was bowing, the woman started to talk.

 

          “How dare you come here...” she said.

 

          Jong Kook stops bowing and keeps himself on the ground. He didn’t say anything.

 

          “Don’t come here...anymore...” the woman said again and started to walk away.

 

          Jong Kook stands up and looks at her. He wanted to say something but he can’t.

 

          “Soo Ae-yah...” he just said looking at her walks away.

 

          He sat beside his tomb and look at the sky.

 

          “You shouldn’t have left Rae Won-ah…Soo Ae…misses you so much…and she’s really mad at me…She will never forgive me right?...Never…” Jong Kook said with sadness in his eyes. “But I’m hoping…that maybe one day…she’ll be able to open her heart…and forgive me…” he added.

 

          Jong Kook go back to Seoul and drinks alone. He didn’t call Kyung Min or anyone to join him because he really want to be alone because even though 3 years have passed by since Rae Won left them everything that happens is still in his mind.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

          Jong Kook felt her comfort and he can’t help it his tears keep on falling. Then at that moment he realized that he shouldn’t look so weak in front of her. He’s saving her from despair yet he’s the one looking like it.

 

          He pats her and looks at her. “Thank you~...” he said wiping his tears.

 

          Ji Hyo is just looking at him. They both stand up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter