Chapter 23 - Let's find him

Better in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Kim Jong Kook…” she says his name.

 

          The man only looks at him clueless like he doesn’t even know her at all. Then a voice of a woman calls him.

 

          “Oppa~….” she calls him.

 

          Jong Kook smiles. “Ha Na-yah…” he said and walks towards her. “Finally you’re done…were really starving…” he added and pats the head of the little man beside him.

 

          Ji Hyo is just looking at them. But deep inside her, her heart is hurting. He doesn’t know her or is he someone else. She shakes her head. She needs to think straight. She must know who really he is.  

 

          Ha Na smiles that shows she’s cute two dimples. “Let’s go then…” she holds his arm and they go to the restaurant.

 

          Ji Hyo follows them. She sat where she can see them but not obviously. She orders food too.

 

          “Gun Woo-yah…your Noona looks much prettier now…right?...” Jong Kook said looking at Ha Na.

 

          “Yah~…” Ha Na shyly said.

 

          Gun Woo nodded and smiles. “Ne~ Hyung…Noona is so pretty…very pretty…that’s why you like her so much…” he said a bit loud.

 

          Ji Hyo heard it and stands up.

 

          Jong Kook notices her but looks at Ha Na then. Ji Hyo sits down. “What’s wrong with you?...Stay focus Ji Hyo-yah…You should know who he really is…if he is really Jong Kook or not…” she said in her mind.

 

          They started to eat. Jong Kook gives food to Ha Na then to Gun Woo before he will eat.

 

          “You should eat Ha Joon Oppa~…I know you’re hungry already…” Ha Na said to him.

 

          “Ha Joon…His name is Ha Joon…” Ji Hyo thought. But for her they really look exactly the same. She can’t believe it too. Is he really just a doppelganger or is Jong Kook alive? She can’t help but feel hopeful with the thought of it.

 

          After eating, Ji Hyo still follows them even after leaving the hot spring. They also went to the market, bought things. Ji Hyo bumps into someone and lost them. She can’t find them. She walks unenergetic losing hope finding them again but then she saw him alone. He’s buying something. She walks towards him, buys the same he’s buying.

 

          Ji Hyo gets her wallet to get her money but then an unknown man snatches her wallet.

 

          “HEY~!...” she just shouted. She was shock, but what shocks her most is Jong Kook runs to catch the guy.

 

          Ji Hyo didn’t know what to do and she runs towards them too. She follows but they were so fast. She stops to catch her breath. After minutes, he came back holding her wallet.

 

          “Here…” he said to her.

 

          Ji Hyo looks at him. “Tha---nk you…” she just said.

 

          “Be careful…next time…Let’s go I’ll walk you back to the market…”

 

          They walk back to the market. They were both silent. Ji Hyo still wants to talk to him though but she’s so nervous. The presence she misses so much is now beside her.

 

          As soon as they reach the market, Ha Na saw them and walks towards them.

 

          Ha Na hits his chest. “Where have you been?...” she worriedly asks.

 

          “Mian~...someone snatches her wallet…and you know me…I run after him…” he said smiling apologetically.

 

          Ha Na’s tears where already forming in her eyes. “You’ll always do that…What if something bad happen to you?...”

 

          “I’m sorry…I just can’t stop myself from helping…” he pats her head. He looks at Ji Hyo. “You’re now safe here…keep safe of your belongings…” he sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter