C. 29

You're Getting on My Nerves Straight to My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms Myoui I'm sorry but, your dog isn't responding to the medication"the doctor said it has been three days and Ray is just getting worst, the heartworms are continuously spreading making it hard for them to be eradicated.

"W-what? No. Is what I'm paying not enough!? Look, just name your price I'll pay you up" Mina replied not accepting the fact that Ray will be gone from her.

"It doesn't always work that way-"

"Why the are you so incompetent!? Fine, I'll take him to someone-" Mina couldn't continue when she heard Ray let's out a weak sound making Mina turn to him and she could see that he was really having a hard time, Mina walked up to him and gently cares his fur with a sad smile on her face, eyes b with tears.

"Hey boy~ are you tired already?" Mina asked as he wags his tail and Mina remembered the very first time she got him on her ninth birthday, she was so happy her nosebleed, from then on Ray was the only companion she got because she was always left alone in the house. He was always there that no one could blame Mina if she can't afford to lose him but seeing the one she held so dear have a hard time she finally made a decision. She decided to let him go.

"Thank you for the years of always staying by my side. I wasn't that lonely because of you" Mina said feeling something was blocking as she hugs him, tears racing down her face. Mina pulled away as she turn to the doctor allowing him to finally let Ray rest.

"Just wait here and I'll prepare the papers for you to sign before he undergoes euthanasia"

Mina returned home holding Ray's collar feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders, wondering why Ray was taken away from her when he was the only one that reminds her that she's not alone.

Jihyo sees how broken Mina is but even before she could utter a word, she was shut out by the girl.

"Just do your job. I don't wanna talk about it" Mina said as she made her way to her room as soon as she entered Momo was waiting inside and Mina doesn't like the look on her eyes, it made her feel weak.

"Get out." Mina commanded her to do so and there was so much coldness in her voice that it made Momo shiver.

"I'm-"

"You what!? Is this about the tutoring again!? Well, I don't give a damn about it! So stop bothering me!" Mina shouted angry, she just want an alone time now but this girl that can stir everything inside her decided to show up.

"It's not-"

"I'm guessing you don't have a money that's why you're here huh!? Fine!" Mina scoffs while taking out her wallet to get a bill doing it in haste but she was slap instead making her stun.

"Why the hell are you like that!? You're pushing away the people who genuinely cares for you!" Momo yelled back Mina was just too much, she was here because she happen to know that Ray is sick and she knows how much Mina value him but thinking back she shouldn't have just come. Momo walk towards the door but stops when she's holding on the door knob.

"It's not always all about money Myoui" Momo muttered enough for Mina to hear before slamming the door shut leaving Mina there, mad at her own self. Mina felt her knees weak as she fell on the floor hugging her knees, hard painful sobs could be heard from her.

Meanwhile Jihyo followed Momo home when she sees her walking out, looking mad,  Mina needed her time alone so she decided leave her be, to just talk to her sister.

"Did you had a fight with Mina?" Jihyo asked as she sits in front of Momo on the couch, her little sister had her brows furrowed and arms crossed annoyance could be clearly seen from her.

"Who wouldn't!? When she- she's so- Ugh!" Momo let's out couldn't find the exact word to name Mina as her hand tried to form a figure in hopes her sister would understand and Jihyo gave her a small smile.

"Mina, well I've been working in their house for 3 years now and I've only seen her parents... I guess around 3 or 4 times" Jihyo told her but Momo is still mad.

"At least she still have them" Momo snorted with a pout, remembering what Mina said earlier.

"She doesn't feel like it tho, I could see that she is really lonely inside and Ray is the only being that made her not feel that way but now that he's gone-"

"Ray is gone??" Momo asked shock at the news as she felt really bad for Mina, she sees how much she loved him.

"Yes Momo" Jihyo answered making Momo look down.

"I should have been much more considerate" Momo responded thinking back she also slap Mina as Jihyo come near her and pats her head.

"It's ok, anyone would have a fight with her haha just say sorry and that would do, I received a text from the vet that Ray would be buried tomorrow at Seoul Pet Cemetery. You can accompany her there, she would need someone to lean on" Jihyo told Momo with a smile as Momo nod in reply before Jihyo stood up to get changed while Momo took out her phone to say sorry.

"Mina~ I'm sorry about Ray and what occurred earlier, I didn't know... I didn't mean to slap you" Momo typed rereading it all over again before sending it to Mina wondering if the girl will ever read it. Momo shouldn't have really done that to her. 

---

Momo woke up early and took a leave from the cafe so that she can go visit the Pet Cemetery. On her way there she passed by a medium size fluffy golden retriever plushie that kinda look like Ray, knowing how much Mina will miss her dog Momo decided to buy it with the money she saved from her part time job. The salesman wrapped it up nicely in a pink paper bag, after purchasing it Momo made her way to the cemetery.

"Uhm~ excuse me. There's a dog- a golden retriever to be exact, that's about to be buried today. " Momo asked the person behind the desk who gladly point out the way.

"I'm afraid you're a bit early ma'am the burial will start at 4 o'clock that will be the time where the dog would arrive" the personnel informed her and Momo almost gape.

"F-four? It's okay I'll wait" Momo replied as she looks at her watch, it's 10:45 am, the cemetery is quite far so it will be costly to go back. Momo then just carry on walking towards the burial place and she found it right under a big tree, there was already a tombstone that looks new since the cement is slightly wet and on it carved a short message.

'Here lies a Hero'

Ray Myoui
(2007-2018)

Just by looking at it Momo almost cried, for even in a short span of time she witnessed how Mina cared for him and also knowing that he's the only com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter