C. 24

You're Getting on My Nerves Straight to My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Monday came and all the participants on the Academic Olympiad were having a mix emotions, going to a competition to represent the university is pretty nerve wracking.

"You nervous?" Jeongyeon asked Momo as she wrap her left arm around the girl's shoulder.

"A little" Momo truthfully said since she's scared she might mess up.

"Don't be, you are our ace!" Jeongyeon cheered on her ruffling her bob hair, ruining her bangs.

"I appreciate that you're trying to cheer me up but you didn't have to mess up my hair" Momo mused as she fix her bangs only for Jeongyeon to ruin it again.

"Glad you appreciate it" Jeongyeon replied as they enter the university's bus, they both sat on the very last seat and waited for all of the members to board.

Momo looked at her phone where she received text messages from Sana, Jihyo, Wonpil and Mina but Mina's message was a little different from the other three who wishes her good luck.

Devil

You are representing the name of the school. MY name, so don't you dare mess up.

Devil

Wow! Thank you that really cheered me up :<


Sent!

Momo hide her phone on her pocket before focusing back on what Ms Bae was saying, while Jeongyeon silently scoffs knowing who the message was from.

After the short pep talk from Ms Bae, they all decided to pray for the safety of their well being, letting out a cheer to hype their fighting spirit up then the bus started to get moving.

"I really hope we'll win" Momo let out as Jeongyeon chuckled holding on Momo's hand.

"Let's do our best! Fighting!" Jeongyeon said as they both fist pump.

---

Adrenaline rush is running through their veins for the YGU is ahead of them by three points and the time is almost running out.

"For the 2nd to the last question with 3 points, A football is kicked with an initial velocity of 40 m/s at an angle of 30˚ above the horizontal. Find the maximum height reached by the football." The MC asked them twice before the timer starts, Momo's eyes widen for she solved someone like this  one before during her free time and without haste she rings the bell.

"20.4 m" Momo answered closing her eyes hoping not to hear the engk-sound indicating it was wrong and gladly she didn't, earning the point, closing in the 3 point gap as her members smiled at her proudly while the other teams could only groan.

"Now for the last question with a 5 point score, I want you to pick your representative who will answer the question" The MC said as all the members from Myoui University turn to look at Momo who was shock.

"A-are you sure?" Momo clarified readjusting her thick glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"Momo, we trust you" Jeongyeon said as she smiles endearingly at Momo while the others nod in approval.

"No one in here is as hard working as you are" Sinb added making the short haired girl blush as she walks up in front.

"Now that you all are settled, a piece of paper is provided for you to use, the final question will be flashed and each representative is given 5 minutes to answer ." The MC asked as all the representative stayed alert.

The equation 

(24x²+25x−47)/ax−2 = −8x−3−(53/ax−2) is true for all values of x≠2/a, where a is a constant.

What is the value of a?


Momo listed all the given but she got too overwhelmed by the problem that she could only stare at it.

What the hell is this? 

Momo panics since there are too many equation needed to solve this one, also the hopeful eyes her members are giving is quite pressuring. Momo only woke up from trance at too much pondering over the question when the bell rang indicating that somebody already have an answer

"- 3" the guy from YGU answered confidently and the light on his table immediately turns green indicating the answer was correct as the YGU celebrates while Momo looks down and walked back to her group members really sad.

"I'm sorry.. we lost because of me" Momo told them finding her rubber shoes interesting but Jeongyeon held both of her cheeks and squish them forcing Momo to look at her.

"Hey~ we didn't win but we didn't lose either, don't be so down we got the second place" Jeongyeon cheered her up squishing her cheeks even more.

"Yeah Momo and you even close the three point gap! Don't worry you're still our ace" Sinb added and was about to give Momo a hug but Jeongyeon held her away.

"Hugs aren't allowed, she's mine" Jeongyeon announced making Sinb roll her eyes while the others couldn't help but to laugh at the sight, later in Ms. Bae accompanied them with a warm smile on her face.

"I'm still proud on all of you my dear students, don't worry I'll still make sure that you all are exempted on prelims" She said making them all cheer.

"All the schools, please be ready for the award ceremony" the MC said making them all turn to him. The awarding ceremony didn't took time so they got to leave early.

On the way home Momo was tired and sleepy her head was bumping on window of the bus, Jeongyeon noticed it so she supported it with her hand then made Momo lean on her shoulder, combing the latter's short black locks when she felt her phone vibrates.

When will you ever tell her how you feel? Someone might get ahead of you again, Slowpoke.

She read and it was from Jinyoung who was sitting on the left side of the bus adjacent to theirs, Jeongyeon turn to look at him furrowing her brows as the guy just shrugs. Jinyoung was a friend of her from junior high and he happens to know about the secret Jeongyeon had been keeping from her best friend.

I'm still gathering strength

Jeongyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter