Chapter 7

A PRETEND AFFAIR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       He was not a man who took kindly to rejection of any kind, especially from a woman. He couldn’t remember the last time he got blown off. No, he wasn’t an arrogant SOB who thought he was god’s gift to women either (though he mostly was, according to his ex-lovers and the Jaeharems in general), but there was something about Dara Park telling him ‘no’ that set off the Neanderthal in him. The woman was used to playing her games her way and most likely expected everyone to cater to her every whim, but she chose the wrong one to play over this time. He wasn’t one of those actors and models she just picked out from obscurity to play like a puppet in her spoiled rotten hands then discarded in her next breath. No way was he leaving her tonight without her knowing who called the ing shots here.

 

 

 

       She wanted him. She got him.

 

 

 

       And he would have her. In all ways and some.

 

 

 

       The Empress finally met her match and guess what, she’d lose her clothes.

 

 

 

       Tonight.

 

 

 

       just got real.

 

 

 

      
 

 

        

 

      
 

 

      
 

 

       Dara was relieved she was finally home.

 

 

 

       “Well, it has certainly been an interesting night, Jaejoong. Just tell my chauffeur where you wanna be dropped off and he’ll take you there.”

 

 

 

       Jaejoong gazed at the imposing facade of her three-storey mansion. “I wanna stay for a bit.”

 

 

 

       “What…?”

 

 

 

       “Since you called the deal off, you cost me an important job. I have no desire to party or anything the rest of the night. But you owe me a drink or two.”

 

 

 

       “I do…?”

 

 

 

       “As a commiseration. It’s common courtesy.”

 

 

 

       She couldn’t believe her ears. He stood there, imposing and self-assured as he demanded to be invited in for a drink. The man was really something.

 

 

 

       She shook her head. “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

 

 

 

       “C’mon, just one drink.”

 

 

 

       “I’m not in a habit of inviting men to drink in my house past midnight.”

 

 

 

       He grinned. “What am I, Candyman? I assure you, I’ll be on my best behavior.”

 

 

 

       She didn’t trust that grin one bit. “I don’t know what you are. The answer is no.”

 

 

 

       “You’re forming this bad habit of saying no to me. I don’t like it.”

 

 

 

       The devil was back in business, for sure. “Well, newsflash, Jaejoong, deal with it.”

 

 

 

       He stared at her with this all-knowing look. She willed herself not to back down from this stare-fest. She stared back harder.

 

 

 

       God, will you leave already?!

 

 

 

       “You’re afraid of me.”

 

 

 

       “You’ve got some nerve, don’t you?” she scoffed.

 

 

 

       “Prove it.”

 

 

 

       “I don’t need to prove anything to you.”

 

 

 

       “Then invite me for a drink.”

 

 

 

       Their eyes clashed. She knew he was playing a game with her and she should just call this bull to his face but the cocksure look in his eyes made her hackles rise. Why was she running away from him anyway? She was already in her territory, within the secure walls of her mansion. She’d sic her bodyguards on him if he started behaving like a bad boy for real.

 

 

 

       “Alright. One drink.”

 

 

 

      
 

 

        

 

      
 

 

       Dara started to regret inviting him in.

 

 

 

       He was lounging in her den like he owned it. He’d divested his long, black coat and draped it on the sofa’s arm. The metal-studded vest made of soft leather, molded on the contours of his powerful torso like second skin. His muscled arms were in full display under the soft lights. She’d often gawked and drooled at those ripped biceps in his testosterone-driven films and provocative photos gracing countless websites, gossip blogs and Tumblr accounts. Up close and personal though, oh my lord, she wanted those arms wrapped around her.

 

 

 

       Bad thoughts, Dara. Bad!

 

 

 

       “What would you like to drink?” she asked him.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter