Chapter 2

A PRETEND AFFAIR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

      
 

 

       “How dare that play the victim here? She’s been doing all the talking in that odious reality TV show of hers, capitalizing on an ancient issue at my expense!” Dara seethed as she paced the vast expanse of her living room in her mansion.

 

 

 

       “I already talked to the lawyers. We can definitely sue her for defamation. We have witnesses to testify she’s been inventing stories to make you look like you’ve been trying to destroy her and GD,” Bom, her manager, informed her.

 

 

 

       The mention of her good-for-nothing ex made Dara’s temper escalate, but she inhaled deeply, not letting it get the better of her. Clear head was always key in any tight situation. She’d never let herself be ruled by emotions even at her worst and lowest. Since she won Born to Be a Star a decade ago at age 16, she shaped her career like a military general, thanks to her lawyer Dad and professor Mom.

 

 

 

       “Every problem has a solution. How you deal with it will make the difference. Use your reason, never your emotion.” Wise words from her father she’d heeded like a covenant all these years and she never went astray.

 

 

 

       She wasn’t about to lose it now.

 

 

 

       Regroup. Strategize. Fight back without engaging the enemy directly.

 

 

 

       Yes. She will turn this disaster to her advantage and win the battle in the end, she swore. She’d had enough of this love-triangle drama with GD and CL. It had been years since she broke up with GD, for god’s sake!

 

 

 

       CL and GD had been the bane of her life since the bastard cheated on her with CL almost four years ago. It was the talk of the rags for ages for its sordid real life plot that would rival a day-time soap. The rags were beyond cruel.

 

 

 

       Sandara Park, pop empress dumped by her band mate, best friend and first love, GD for CL, Dara’s own bestfriend and bandmate, too!

 

 

 

       Dumped. How she hated that word that was repeatedly used by the rags to refer to her, as if it was the only reason she would be on the headlines. They’d ignored her numerous accomplishments after that painful breakup.

 

 

 

       It was a bitter taste in that wouldn’t leave because CL had made it her mission over the years to make her look like Regina George at every turn, that mean in the movie Mean Girls. She had no interest to participate in her ex-bestfriend’s publicity games which were nothing but desperate ploys to lift her sagging career as a reality TV star.

 

 

 

       Dara had always minded her own business. She had her own career to take care of. After her break-up with GD, she became a tireless working machine. Her name swiftly become a multi-million dollar brand in the music and fashion industry and CL and her petty antics were like annoying gnats trying to ruin her mojo and concentration. She wanted CL to stop pestering and dragging her into this endless drama with GD. She didn’t give a with what was happening in their marriage. She’d heard rumors that CL was even pregnant with GD’s baby now so what was her freaking problem still?!

 

 

 

       But CL and GD didn’t use to torment her like this. They used to give her immense joy. They were the loves of her life. They shared a long history. CL was her best girl friend and GD was her male best friend. They all grew up together in a small town. They had big dreams in their small bodies and together, they strived to make those dreams come true in one of the most insp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter