Chapter 17

A PRETEND AFFAIR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Dara was enveloped in hug after hug as she was introduced to Jaejoong’ friends, his co-stars in the superhero movie he was shooting in Vegas. This was her fourth appearance as Darko in the said movie franchise and according to Junsu, this could be his last if he got Super X.

 

 

"You’re just in time, Dara. I was two seconds from killing our director,” Lee Minho, the lead star in the movie greeted her with a big smile. He was clad in his superhero costume, looking every bit like the superstar that he was.

 

 

 

       She smiled back. She knew Minho, had attended the same events with him several times and they did a commercial together for a lifestyle brand. “Why? What has Ilwoo done?” She also knew the director of this movie, Jung Ilwoo. The multi-awarded director had helmed a few of her chart-topping videos. She got a couple of best videos from the GDAs, thanks to Ilwoo’s brilliance.

 

 

 

       “We’ve been shooting almost 24/7 every day and he’s been a ing unhappy customer the entire week! If I have to shoot the part where Jaejoong beats my with his giant cactus all over again so he can have his perfection, I swear I’m gonna lop Ilwoo’s head with the clapperboard.”

 

 

 

       “Giant cactus?” she asked, puzzled.

 

 

 

       “You know, honey, my giant staff,” Jaejoong snickered. “You’ve seen it.”

 

 

 

       She blushed, elbowing his side. He just couldn’t help it, the ! Of course, they were talking about Darko’s staff that held the darkest powers.

 

 

 

       Minho chuckled and caught on with the joke. “Now, now, you haven’t seen my sword, Dara.”

 

 

 

       “I’ve seen it. I mean, I haven’t…” She blushed even more.

 

 

 

       Minho’s grin was mischievous. “You haven’t touched it. You wanna?”

 

 

 

       Jaejoong s his arm possessively around her waist and pulled her to his side. “ off, wanker. She’s taken.”

 

 

 

       “Don’t get your in a twist, mate,” Minho drawled good-naturedly in his adorable twang. “I meant my sword. This.”

 

 

 

       Minho unsheathed and lifted the mighty weapon of his character, Vander, the hero, and showed it to her. It was called The Sword of Redemption, the last hope of mankind from the evil forces of darkness led by Darko. Light caught in its double-edged blade, making it gleam like the sun. Both of its edges were blunted but it still looked deadly.

 

 

 

       “Can I hold it?”

 

 

 

       “Sure.” Minho handed her the sword.

 

 

 

       She gripped the broad handle with two hands. “Oh, it’s heavy!”

 

 

 

       “You can handle it. That’s my girl.”

 

 

 

       “He’s not your girl,” Jaejoong snapped at his friend, his face etched in a dark scowl. Seriously? He looked like he wanted to go all-Darko-murder on Minho He was acting, right? But a tingle ran down her spine. Was he actually…jealous? Of Minho? Nah.

 

 

 

       She went to stand beside Minho, holding the Sword of Redemption in front of her. “Can you take a picture of us, Jaejoong?”

 

 

 

       Jaejoong glared at her. “No,” he said flatly. He really looked comical now. He was taking this to Oscar level. Impressive acting..

 

 

       “You’re such a hissy .” Minho whipped his cellphone from behind him. “Come on, Dara, let’s have a selfie. My fans on Twitter will love this.”

 

 

 

       “Your costume has back pockets?”

 

 

 

       “Yup. What will I do suspended from a crane while waiting forever for the crew to set up? Tweet!”

 

 

 

       She giggl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter