Epilogue

A PRETEND AFFAIR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

It was the Grammys and though she wasn’t nominated for anything,

 

 

 

       Dara felt like a winner.

 

 

 

       “Ava, you broke the internet again two weeks ago. Boy, we’ve barely recovered from that ‘rock and a hard place’ instagram post and here you go again. Are you really expecting?”

 

 

 

       She laughed, enjoying the spotlight. “Well, what can I say, Honey, Mr. Kim here lives up to his name. Hard to the core. I won’t be surprised if I’m carrying double.”

 

 

 

       She looked up at Jaejoong beside her. He was blushing. Strange because he was the king of shock value.

 

 

 

       The interviewer’s eyes widened. “My goodness! Twins?!” she exclaimed.

 

 

 

       That was loud enough to steal the press’ attention from everyone else, especially from GD standing just a few meters away, trying to rain on her parade as usual by entering the red carpet with his latest floozy just as she and Jaejoong walked. Poor CL was dumped and replaced faster than her TV ratings had nosedived.

 

 

 

       The press flocked around her and Jaejoong, their camera shutters grinding furiously.

 

 

 

       Well, GD, you attention , eat this.

 

 

 

       “Let’s give them something to talk about,” she whispered in Jaejoong’ ear.

 

 

 

       Jaejoong grinned, his arms wrapping around her lovingly.

 

 

 

       They shared a stellar kiss.

 

      
 

 

        

 

      
 

 

       Dara approached GD while Jaejoong was talking to Lee Minho and their friends. She was aware of the cameras trailing her.

 

 

 

       She plastered a wide, phony smile on her lips. “GD!”

 

 

 

       He was ready with his equally phony smile, evil thoughts no doubt running through his scheming mind. “Dara! Great to see you again.”

 

 

 

       Bastard. How did she ever miss this devious side of him fueled by extreme desire to remain on top at the expense of others?

 

 

 

       “Don’t pretend anymore, you low-life scum. You set me up again.”

 

 

 

       His fake smile disappeared. “Dara, we’re in public.”

 

 

 

       “Oh, so?”

 

 

 

       “Don’t make a scene.”

 

 

 

       “You’re suddenly concerned of your reputation now while you didn’t give a about mine?”

 

 

 

       “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

 

 

       He would try to wiggle his way out of this, the lying scum.

 

 

 

       “I’ll make this simple for you, GD and you better listen carefully.”

 

 

 

       He sneered and threw away all pretense of being nice. “Threatening me, Dara? I have sixteen years of your dirt for a tell-all. Be careful.”

 

 

 

       “Yeah? What are you going to tell the world? That I used to stutter? That I peed in my undies in grade school once because you put a ing spider in my lunch box?”

 

 

 

       He shrugged.

 

 

 

       She smiled. “I have one tiny secret about you, too.”

 

 

 

       “Yeah?”

 

 

 

       “Yeah.”

 

 

 

       “Do tell.”

 

 

 

       “I can tell the world you have a small .”

 

 

 

       His face paled. “What the , Dara…?”

 

 

 

       “Remember that time you were drunk and you wanted to do it? You showed it to me, darling and frankly, I wasn’t wowed.”

 

 

 

       “What do you know about . We haven’t—” he spluttered but she cut him.

 

 

 

       “Yes, we haven’t. But I’ve seen it and it’s…” She raised her pinky at him and wiggled it in his face.

 

 

 

       He looked like he would pass out, his eyes glancing quickly around them to make sure no one was within earshot. “I’m not small. I’m…normal!” he said between gritted teeth.

 

 

 

       “Well, I’ve only been with one man intimately but I know enough that once you go XL, you can never go back to small.”

 

 

 

       GD looked every inch his shriveled small in that moment.

 

 

 

       “Don’t ever, EVER with me again or I’m gonna write a song about your tiny personality in my next album.”

 

 

 

       GD was rendered speechless.

 

 

 

       Smiling like the Empress that she was, she turned around and walked away from her past and into her bright future.

 

 

 

       She approached Jaejoong’ group. He met her eyes. She knew he saw her talking to GD and she knew what it took him to just let her be and do her business. She knew he trusted her fully now and she loved him more for that.

 

 

 

       “Dara! You take my breath away, as usual,” Minho drawled, clutching his chest. “Be still my beating heart,” he said teasingly. Minho came with Ilwoo to support their buddy Kim Bum, whose band Zero Dark Thirty, was nominated for several Grammys tonight.

 

 

 

       She grinned. “Hey, Minho. You should be telling that to your wife.”

 

 

 

       “Ex, Dara. Ex-wife.”

 

 

 

       “Is it official already?”

 

 

 

       He shrugged. “It will be. Soon.”

 

 

 

       “I saw Suzy last week at the Studio.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter