Chapter 18

A PRETEND AFFAIR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Jaejoong was normally a patient man when in the company of a woman he wanted to bang so badly. Dara felt like a burning itch he couldn’t reach and scratch. But there wasn’t a time in a long long time— he vaguely remembered once in his teens when his hormones were still raging, but he couldn’t recall the girl’s face either—when he wanted to carry a woman over his shoulder like a barbarian and have his way with her.

 

 

 

       But business had to run first. Bom and Junsu ruled the day for sure.

 

 

 

       “JAEDARA must have some fab sightings in the Sin City!” Bom declared after they left his movie set. Ilwoo let him go with them.

 

 

 

       “Didn’t your cam boys take pictures at the set?” he grumbled. All he wanted was bring Dara to his hotel room and do some fab sightings under her dress.

 

 

 

       “Nope. You guys need to be seen together having fun in the city. JAEDARA’s riding high and we have to maintain the momentum.”

 

 

 

       They piled into the stretch limo that took them to the Strip.

 

 

 

       Bom thought it was utterly romantic for them to visit Madame Tussauds to see Dara’s wax life-like sculpture displayed there.

 

 

 

       “How come I don’t have a statue at Madame Tussauds, Junsu?” he asked his manager.

 

 

 

       Junsu shrugged. “Villains are not supposed to have monuments, Jaejoong. And you’re not exactly Dara Park, The Empress of Pop.” Junsu winked at Dara. “But that will change soon, my man. Once you’re donning Super X’s wings, you’ll get an invitation to sit for your model in their studio, I can guarantee that.”

 

 

 

       “But they have Darth Vader,” he reasoned out.

 

 

 

       “Darko is becoming a legend, but Darth is in a league of his own. Who knows, after JAEDARA, you’ll have one standing next to Dara’s, as a memento of this...pretend affair.”

 

 

 

       “Pretend Affair. I love that!” Bom piped in cheerfully as she worked on her tablet.

 

 

 

       Junsu grinned at Bom. The two exchanged an intimate look, as if they were sharing a private joke.

 

 

 

       Jaejoong could tell his manager was more cream than he did.

 

      
 

 

         

 

      
 

 

       After JAEDARA.

 

 

 

       Junsu was just talking offhandedly but Dara felt disheartened at the reminder that JAEDARA will end in two months.

 

 

 

       “Ready, Dara?”

 

 

 

       She turned to Bom. “Huh?”

 

 

 

       “We’re at the museum. Real paps are gonna be here.”

 

 

 

       She nodded half-heartedly. “Yeah…”

 

 

 

       “Okay, Jaejoong, you guys will walk in there casually. People will slowly notice you. Will probably mob you. You let them take pictures with you. Act lovey-dovey. Paps will ask questions. Ignore them, just smile and enter the museum. The museum’s management has been notified and their staff will assist you inside. Junsu and I will be waiting for you at the back exit. The staff will direct your there. Jjangmae will be with you. See you in an hour.”

 

 

 

       “Got it, Bom.” Jaejoong glanced at her. “Ready, Dara?”

 

 

 

       She nodded.

 

 

 

       He came out of the limo first and helped her out. They walked hand in hand to the museum’s entrance where people were lining up. Three men in business uniforms came forward to assist them into the museum.

 

 

 

       “Look! Isn’t that Dara Park?” someone said loudly.

 

 

 

       “Blondes get noticed fast,” Jaejoong murmured beside her.

 

 

 

       “I have a feeling that wasn’t a compliment,” she replied caustically.

 

 

 

       “JAEDARA!” someone yelled, followed by a scream.

 

 

 

       “Here. We. Go.” Jaejoong said and gripped her hand tighter as people ran toward them, paparazzi by the looks of them. They were carrying high-powered lenses.

 

 

 

       Within seconds, they were surrounded.

 

 

 

       Dara plastered a big smile on her face.

 

 

 

       They had to endure the flash bulbs exploding all around them. It took them almost thirty minutes to get to the museum with the help of Jjangmae and the museum staff.

 

 

 

       “Damn, I can’t believe I have a love team,” Jaejoong sniggered as they went around the wax sculptures, occasionally stopped by tourists for pictures.

 

 

 

       “I can’t believe I bought into this madness,” she murmured back, keeping her voice low and her tone, normal.

 

 

 

       He chuckled. “I’ll take that as a compliment. It has never been this hot for you, huh?”

 

 

 

       “Wow. Ego much?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter