Chapter 3

A PRETEND AFFAIR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Kim Jaejoong was getting the lowdown on the Dara Park enterprise as he and Junsu rode the limo going to the KBS Theater.

 

 

 

       Dara earned 90 million dollars last year from her successful world tour, cosmetic, fashion and perfume lines. If he were a lesser man, he’d feel insecure. Well, he’d admit to feeling a tad insecure. His earnings last year were crumbs in comparison to her gigantic pie, pun intended, though he was already considered quite bankable by Showbiz standards. Apparently, acting had nothing on world tours and having your own scent. The girl was a walking million-dollar business from head to toe.

 

 

 

       As he listened to Junsu, he fluctuated from being skeptical, interested, surprised, shocked and incredulous.

 

 

 

       “Does she even have any real relationships? Why does she need to do this?” He was feeling even more turned off of Dara Park as he learned more details of her personality. The girl sounded like a major hustler. Not that he’d never hustled. But this girl took it to a whole new level.

 

 

 

       “Haven’t you read the rags even once this year, man? She’s the number one trending topic for weeks, well, aside from you humping that model in her apartment’s balcony.”

 

 

 

       He snorted. “You know seeing my face in the rags is enough to make me suffer a nervous breakdown.”

 

 

 

       Junsu laughed. “On the contrary, Gummy’s quite ecstatic of your tabloid appearances lately,” Junsu was referring to the shrewd publicist who controlled his media exposure like a huge gambling business. He loved Gummy. It was unorthodox for a PR expert but they shared the I-don’t-give-a- attitude when it came to the press. Gummy didn’t want to change him one bit so he would appeal more in a positive light to the press in general. In fact, Gummy encouraged his “bad boy” image. She said he was the most salable badass in town. That amused him. He really didn’t give a about his personal image as he had nothing to hide. His credo had always been ‘what you see is what you get’. He was only ever concerned of his acting performances—of director feedback and critical reviews. But Gummy fully gave her go-signal on this “pretend boyfriend” idea and this was the first time they weren’t on the same page. Gummy and Junsu were tag-teaming on his he was outnumbered.

 

 

 

       “She gets a daily dose of your topless pics which are apparently the rage lately, thanks to those underwear ads you did and for guesting as a cop going undercover as a stripper in that cheap show. If you keep showing off your in inappropriate places, you’ll be the iest Man Alive next year.” Junsu sniggered.

 

 

 

       That title made him cringe but it would add to his female fan base, so what the , he’d take it. “Tell me more about Dara.”

 

 

 

       “Dara is currently in the middle of a media storm.”

 

 

 

       “What happened?” He genuinely didn’t know and didn’t give a , either but he was a bit curious, plus he wanted some details related to this “acting job” he was getting his into.

 

 

 

       “Pictures of her and her ex-boyfriend, GD, emerged in the rags. Leaked, more likely.”

 

 

 

       He knew about GD, some pop star, like Dara. They used to be in the same band in their younger years, he’d heard. He hadn’t met GD nor did he like his music. But he liked Dara’s voice, at least. Okay, he liked it a lot. “So?”

 

 

 

       “Pictures of them kissing. Don’t you even catch any gossip on Facebook?”

 

 

 

       “You know very well I don’t dwell in that snake pit. Gummy just fills me in on the going on there and Twitter and what’s the other one that sounds like ?”

 

 

 

       Junsu laughed. “Instagram, idiot.”

 

 

 

       He shrugged. “Yeah, that. People hang out too much on social media nowadays they forget to socialize for real.”

 

 

 

       “And by socializing you mean boning some model in the balcony of her condo for the paparazzi to have a feeding frenzy? How meaningful.”

 

 

 

       He smirked. “Touche, mofo.”

 

 

 

       “So okay, humor me. What do you do to kill time in between takes? You hardly have any lines in this action movie you’re currently shooting. You can’t screw on set.”

 

 

 

       He grinned. “Says who?”

 

 

 

       Junsu rolled his eyes. “Oh, I forgot you’re also banging your co-star in this movie. Still, you can’t d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter