Chapter 22

A PRETEND AFFAIR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Dara had decided to just quit thinking too much and worrying about the future. Jaejoong was definitely a comma in the course of her journey and he wasn’t done writing his role in her life. Turning him into a period was harder than she first thought, so for the sake of her sanity, she’d decided to just wing it and let fate decide on their future.

 

 

 

       Yes, for the first time in her life, she wasn’t shaping her destiny in her hands with a purely cerebral approach. Kim Jaejoong was too big and complex to be handled and simplified like a business. Plus, she quit wrestling with her rationality. Jaejoong definitely controlled her hormones and her common sense had no effective weapon to combat it as of the moment.

 

 

 

       So… it. She was diving into this without safety measures.

 

 

 

       Stupid fool.

 

 

 

       Yeah.

 

 

 

       But she was happy.

 

 

 

       She never thought she could ever truly say the word about her love life. But she WAS happy.

 

 

 

       She’d woken up this morning to his kisses and his hands leisurely roaming her body. It was the most wonderful feeling she never knew she could ever feel with a man, to wake up bare of everything— no make up, no shower, no nothing, just her real self in its most natural state without the aid of cosmetics and stylists to enhance her looks or camouflage her imperfections— and the way he’d looked at her, the gentle way he’d touched her, and the seductively soft words of want and need he’d whispered to her told her how much she was desired despite her flaws.

 

 

 

       He made love to her slowly at first, then with a hunger that could only be brought in by the promise of a bright new day.

 

 

 

       The door bell chimed minutes after they lay in bed panting from their almost simultaneous s. The man made good on his promise to always make her finish first.

 

 

 

       He’d hopped out of bed, hastily donning his robe. He disappeared for a few minutes. When he came back into the room, he brought breakfast with him.

 

 

 

       She’d squealed in delight. Her favorite pancake in the world! How did he know? Her breakfast was airlifted to Vegas from her fave restaurant. She couldn’t believe he went to all this trouble to please her. When did he do this between last night and this morning? But then again, she shouldn’t be too surprised anymore. Jaejoong had his ways of getting things done. Boy, didn’t she know that firsthand?

 

 

 

       Yes, he can be the most maddening man with his high-handed and dominating ways topped with a dirty mouth—she hoped it was only with her that he talked like that!— but he CAN be the most romantic, too.

 

 

 

       He served her like she was a queen.

 

 

 

       “I’m really feeling like an empress right now.”

 

 

 

       He grinned. “You’re so easy to impress, Empress,” he said dryly. “This is just breakfast and you’re already falling in love with me.”

 

 

 

       She blushed but she didn’t shy away from his teasing. It was probably at that precise moment when she realized she was indeed falling for him. “I’ve never had breakfast in bed with a man before.”

 

 

 

       “Never?”

 

 

 

       She shook her head.

 

 

 

       He touched her cheek with his fingertips gently. “I’m glad I’m your first…breakfast in bed.”

 

 

 

       Oh boy. This man had a way with words.

 

 

 

       They ate together in comfortable silence.

 

 

 

       “So…what happened to you and the dickhead?”

 

 

 

       She paused from drinking her coffee and stared at him, surprised by his out-of-the-blue question.

 

 

 

       He shrugged. “You don’t need to answer that.”

 

 

 

       But she found herself telling him anyway. There was an openness between them this morning that wasn’t there before.

 

 

 

       It happened so long ago and yet she felt she hadn’t had real closure of that painful episode in her life.

 

 

 

       She told him about her childhood friends, GD and CL. About their dreams of making it in the industry. About their early beginnings as a band and their swift rise to stardom.

 

 

 

       As a trio, they called themselves Next In Line and went to win Born To Be A Star grand championship. They landed a recording contract right after that. They shot to fame too fast, too soon, became rich and famous in their own right before they even hit eighteen.

 

 

 

       They were all living the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter