Chapter 23

A PRETEND AFFAIR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       They ditched Bom’s script and wrote their own for JAEDARA that day.

 

 

 

       They decided to walk around the Strip in the afternoon, minus their entourage. Bom was against it but Jaejoong assured Bom that all will be fine. They just wanted some alone time with just the two of them, enjoy the city like ordinary people.

 

 

 

       Dara was excited like a kid. She’d never been out in public without her entourage for almost a decade now. The price of fame was the loss of such luxuries. Freedom.

 

 

 

       For their little incognito adventure, she wore a dark dreadlocks wig and a black, loose-fitting dress that concealed her curves all the way to her feet. Jaejoong donned a colorful jacket with a hoodie and super baggy red pants, looking like he just came off of a hip-hop jam session. They looked comical together, an odd-looking couple and it worked. With their heavy shades hiding their eyes, nobody minded them as they strolled along the Strip.

 

 

 

       “When was the last time you did this?” he whispered in her ear as they their ice cream like regular tourists.

 

 

 

       “I can’t remember.”

 

 

 

       He was holding her hand, almost never letting it go, as if she would be lost like a child if he did. They were being followed by Bom’s minions though, documenting this episode. But she was glad she didn’t need to be so careful around people. Nobody recognized her at all.

 

 

 

       “Let’s give them something to talk about in this episode,” Jaejoong said with a mischievous grin.

 

 

 

       “What…?”

 

 

 

       They stopped in front of a quaint-looking little chapel, one of those cheap ones dotting the Strip for quickie weddings. “Have you ever been in one of these?”

 

 

 

       “You can’t be serious!”

 

 

 

       His grin widened. “Let’s see what it looks like inside.”

 

 

 

       “No…”

 

 

 

       “Yes!” He dragged her inside.

 

 

 

       They both gawked at a couple kissing like there was no tomorrow at the altar a few meters away, while a man in a tux looked on with a silly grin on his face.

 

 

 

       “Oh…” she breathed out shakily. “We shouldn’t be watching this,” she whispered.

 

 

 

       “It’s quite touching, actually.”

 

 

 

       “Darko, I didn’t know you were such a romantic. Ugh!” she .

 

 

 

       “You have no idea how romantic I can be, Empress.”

 

 

 

       “Have you ever been married?” The question escaped her lips and she wished she hadn’t asked. Even if they’d been sleeping together, it was a kind of information that must be volunteered, not pried out. “Sorry, you don’t need to answer that.”

 

 

 

       “No, I haven’t. Never. You?”

 

 

 

       “No…”

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter