Chapter 28

A PRETEND AFFAIR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

       He slammed the door shut. “Don’t walk away when I’m talking to you.”

 

 

 

       But Dara wanted to put distance between them. “Not now, Jaejoong.”

 

 

 

       “Now, Dara.”

 

 

 

       “Fine! Why did you do that?!”

 

 

 

       “I did nothing.”

 

 

 

       “Nothing?! You…look at you!”

 

 

 

       “He swung at me first. What was I supposed to do?”

 

 

 

       He wiped his bleeding nose with the hem of his white shirt. He had discarded his outer coat.

 

 

 

       “You could have walked away!”

 

 

 

       He sighed. “So, I didn’t. You know why? I didn’t want to walk away because that dip hurt you, Dara. I’ll admit, I’ve been hoping I’d encounter him at one point and beat the out of him for what he did to you.”

 

 

 

       “I don’t need you to fight my battles for me!”

 

 

 

       “But I want to.”

 

 

 

       “But not like that! God Jaejoong, I’ve been in the headlines for months now, scandal after scandal! I didn’t need this !”

 

 

 

       “Did you think about scandal when you contracted me to be your pseudo boyfriend?” he sneered.

 

 

 

       “I wanted out of the deal but it was you who pushed it! Or have you forgotten?!”

 

 

 

       He stared at her. “You’re not really angry at me because of the scandal. You’re angry at me because I beat your ex. You still want him, Dara? You still love him?”

 

 

 

       Her eyes widened at his ridiculous accusation. “What…? Are you crazy?”

 

 

 

       “Answer me.”

 

 

 

       She just had it with men trying to control her. First it was GD. Now this! “I don’t need to answer anything. I’m not answerable to anybody but myself!”

 

 

 

       He advanced toward her, violence, palpable in his eyes. “So you don’t give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter