Mama Mina, Here I Go Again

Twice's Daughter

Jihyun closed her curtains and snuggled into her blankets, a side effect from her medication. Even though she was tired something kept pushing on her back, when she reached to get the object she didn't expect to find her baby blanket.

She pulled the blanket close to her chest and smile through the heartburn.

It was one of the side effects, and it will go away, Emily convinced herself.

The small whispers and chatter muffled from and slowly faded as Jihyun fell asleep.

Jihyo entered the room short seconds later with a small smile that appeared on her lips at her daughter. She sat on the edge of the bed and caressed Jihyun's head.

Jihyo pulled the phone out of her pocket and called her '97 partner in crime. 
"Minari, I need you to come when schedules are over. You always know what to say to her to make her listen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is Helen the Belly Sliding Penguin! She likes to be called Helen for short," Mina placed showed Jihyun.

She placed it in Jihyun's lap as she immediately wrapped her arms around it. Her small fingers barely touched the other.

"It's soft," Jihyun hummed.

"Obaachan gave it to me when I had nightmares or when I was sad or scared. I want you to have it now," Mina smiled her gummy smile.

"I'm four, I don't need it anymore," Jihyun tried to convince Mina.

The small basement window flashed with brightness and roared with the clap of thunder. Jihyun jump, hugged Helen, hid in Mina's lap and whimpered. This caused Mina to slightly poke out her tongue behind her gummy smile and wrapped a protective arm around Jihyun.

It was hard without the members, and it was definitely hard to take care of a four year old when she was injured and had extreme anxiety and insecurities. It all seemed to go away with the little one shivering in her arms.

Mina felt her own tears flood her vision and clasped a hand over to trap the cries from her daughter. Jihyun felt Mina shiver and looked up with a pout.

"Mommy, are you scared too?" Jihyun placed Helen in Mina's lap.

"Yes, mommy is very scared."

Though not about the same reasons. She was scared that she would do something wrong, to Once and Jihyun. She was scared that she would mess everything up, for her members. She was scared it was all going to come crumbling down, on Once, Twice, Jihyun, her family and most importantly herself. She was tired of the facade she held with all the smiles and pretended as if everything was okay.

Blame her introverted personality but it was so hard to look at the world from the inside. With the thought of how her legacy would be left behind, how popular some of the other members were, how unheard she felt, how much someone felt about her with all her selfless acts; did it come of as annoying or not.

She knew she had so much support but in the end, call her human, but she wanted more.

"It's okay mommy, you're my hero. And you alway know how to save the day," Jihyun smiled as she hugged Mina tighter.

Mina's heart grew bigger than the green fury Grinch's ever could. One thing was for sure, that Mina knew, she loved moments like this where her efforts were not in vain.

Helen the Belly Sliding Penguin became a symbol of comfort between the younger and the ballerina. Of course it all meant a good counseling session with tears, laughs, hugs and kisses. The two exchanged Helen when the other needed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A soft knock awoke Jihyun and when she turned over she was met with Helen the Belly Sliding Penguin.

Jihyun smiled as Mina poked her head through. The older penguin walked in, gave Helen to Jihyun and they cuddled up to each other, Mina being the big spoon. Mina always had a gentle and soft touch that could make Jihyun break all her walls, Of course Jihyo had already pounded and broke a couple of walls down.

"Mama Mina, What are you doing here. I thought you had a schedule?"

"You're way more important than making money."

"But if you don't have money we can't live," Jihyun frowned.

"That's Jihyo's problem," Jihyun laughed. "Jihyo also told me something was wrong."

Jihyun sighed. "Of course something is wrong. I just feel like I'm a burden to everyone."

"Eh, why do you say that?"

"I mean I have the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, kids just wanted to be my friend because I'm Twice's daughter, and someone always pities me and tries to do everything for me. I just want to be able to do things on my own. Treated like a regular teenager watching dramas, having sleepovers, go to camp, gossip and have sing alongs. I just feel useless, and I want to be normal."

"No one is actually normal."

"Oh yeah, I know that." Jihyun chuckled with the thought of all the messy Vapps Twice ever had.

"And Nayeon, Jungyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Minjoo," Mina teased. "and I love you for who you are. It breaks my heart when you say you are not worth anything. You're life is worth more than you know, and don't tell me that the stars and the moon will continue to rise cause the moment you are gone the stars, the moon and the sun won't rise to the people who care about you. I know what you're thinking because I've gone through it too."

"When?" Jihyun questioned. Surprised that Mina has go through some sort of depression.

"Well like you I always thought I wasn't good enough and never said anything about it and had bad results. I pulled out of world tour and took a break with Myoui Okaachan. You called me you're hero," Mina rubbed her cheek on Jihyun's head.

"You are my hero. Don't tell Jihyo but I like you more," Jihyun whispered the last part.

Both the Mina and Jihyun jumped when the door dramatically slammed open and there stood a hurt Jihyo.

"How can you like her more than me?" Jihyo jumped on the two.