Meet the Love

Twice's Daughter

It has been two days since the stay at Resident Park and those two days already made a difference in lighting the two Ji's darkness.

Both Jihyo and Jihyun stepped into the Park resident dining room for the opposite hall way at the same time. Both wore oversized t-shirts that covered their shorts, the only difference was that Jihyo's hair rivaled that of a lions while Jihyun had her hair pulled back in a loose ponytail.

"Good morning Jihyun-ah," Mama Park Jihyun's forehead.

"Good morning," Jihyun replied and brought the remaining bowls to the dining table.

"Don't I get a kiss?" Jihyo tilted her head towards her mother.

"You are an adult, you don't need one." Jihyun snickered after she said her prayers and dug into her food.

"Just ask Daniel Appa for one," Jihyun laughed and earned a painful slap on her shoulders. "Halmoni! Umma hit me!" Jihyun complained.

Mama Park just glared at the two before she grabbed seaweed, rice and spam in the center to make spam musubi. Jihyun opened like a baby bird and leaned towards her grandmother. Mama Park couldn't resist and fed her as Jihyo mirrored Jihyun, which resulted in Mama Park moving the plates and bowls that held the ingredients in front of her.

"How come Daniel Appa and you aren't married yet?" Jihyun randomly asked.

"You don't have to be married to be life partners. You can be with someone for life and not have to have a court document saying it."

"I don't care as long as you are happy, I already have grandchildren."

"Then can we invite him over or at least have a family dinner with you, me and Daniel Appa? I haven't seen him in a while."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konnect Entertainment was around the corner from the van Jihyo and little Jihyun sat in. The four year old held a box of crayons, that Jihyo just bought, ready to open and use them.

As Jihyo and the little one headed across the lobby to the elevator, Jihyo found it harder to keep up with her daughter. She was easily distracted by the revolving door, the electric piano that played itself, the shiny marble floors, and the big glass windows. Jihyo groaned before she held mini Ji's hand and almost had to drag her to the elevators. Almost being the keyword as Jihyun practically launched herself into the elevator.

"Umma, I want to push the button!" Jihyo squatted and carried Jihyun by her armpits to press the highest floor.

The two held hands as they wait for their stop. Once again, when the elevator door opened Jihyun ran around.

"Do you want to look or do you want to eat?" Jihyo asked before Jihyun can make it to the window.

"I want to eat because I'm hungry. What... what are we eating?"  Jihyun looked up at Jihyo.

"I don't know yet."

Jihyo and Jihyun knocked on the tall dark brown door as they waited for the door to open or for an invite. Jihyun didn't hear anything over her shoes that lit up and continued to light up as she stomped her feet.

"Jihyo-ah!" A tall blond stood and made Jihyun flinch.

Jihyo and Daniel hugged as Jihyun moved to hide behind Jihyo's leg. The two exchanged whispers before Daniel crouched to meet Jihyun's eye level.

"Ji, say hi." Jihyo slightly turned and caressed Jihyun's head.

Jihyun looked up for reassurance and once she received it she moved from behind Jihyo's leg. Jihyun placed her hands nicely on top of her waistband, bowed ninety degrees and greeted herself.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Park Jihyun imnida."

Both Jihyo and Daniel smiled as Jihyun blinked a couple of times.

"Annyeong. Do you know who I am?"

"No." Jihyun replied and stared blankly at Daniel.

That caused Jihyo to burst out in tears of laughter.

"I am Kang Daniel, I am umma's boyfriend. Do you have a boyfriend?"

"I don't need a boyfriend," Jihyun said bluntly. "If you hurt umma, I will hurt you," Jihyo laughed.

"How are you going to hurt Daniel Oppa?"

"I will not draw him and umma together."

Jihyo ruffled Jihyo's hair before they moved towards the glass coffee table for lunch. Rice with tri-tip marinated in teriyaki sauce and caramelize onions. After their little lunch, Jihyun wiped her own lips and made her way towards Daniel.

"Excuse me, May I please have a paper to draw on."

Daniel smiled and went behind his desk to grab a piece of paper from the printer. Jihyo and Daniel had a conversation while Jihyun colored.

When the two Parks decided to leave Jihyo couldn't stand still as she kept wondering what her daughter thought about her and Daniel together.

"Ji, do you like Daniel oppa?"

"Why don't I like him? He make umma happy so I like him. He also give Jihyun candy," Jihyun pulled out a bag of skittles from her mini backpack. She also pulled out the drawing from earlier with a penguin, dinosaur, bunny, tiger, shiba, raccoon, dog, eagle, a unicorn, baby rhino and a man with gold hair and long legs.

"Do I can him Appa?" Jihyo froze as Jihyun smiled up at her.

"Maybe next time we see him you should ask if it is okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jihyo smiled at the drawn picture posted on the Park Resident's refrigerator. As much as she loved the idea of marriage Jihyo was always going to be a mother before anything else, and she never really found the right time to settle down.

Jihyun stepped into the kitchen and pulled out her medicine tablets from the cabinet. She noticed that Jihyo spaces out and decided to scare her. Both her hands were out in front of her and as she was about to pounce Jihyo turned around.

"How did you know?" Jihyun groaned.

"A mother knows everything their daughter would do. And the refrigerator showed your reflection."

"I love you." Jihyun hugged Jihyo and height as she rested her head in her mom's chin. Jihyo didn't mind the heart glowed with the gesture.