A Mother's Love

Twice's Daughter

Jihyo heard the news of you being awake and she ran faster than a rocket towards your room. Not minding the others in the room, Jihyo forcefully slid open the door with a bang, and the door slid closed again. Jihyo moved to hug you as you still laid 180 degrees on the bed. 

"Can't breathe," Jihyun said gasped.

As if Jihyo didn't hear her, her grip around her daughter tightened leaving the hospitalized girl to go red. 

"Umma," Jihyun managed to squeeze out. 

"Sorry," Jihyo released her hug only to wrap the younger in a hug once more. "I thought I lost you."

A knock on the door was heard as twenty-two pairs of eyes stared at the white coated doctor. Chaeyeon made a signal for the girls to leave the room, knowing that some personal health records would be shared. Dr. Kim gave a slight nod to thank the girls, turned towards the mother daughter duo  --that remained in each other's embrace-- and pulled up at rolling black stool to sit on the other side of broken hearted girl. 

Some follow up questions were asked like how are you feeling, any discomfort anywhere, how long she was having chest pains, have you been keeping off physical activities, are you stressed, and are you still having chest pains at the moment. Each question was answered honestly and truthfully, as Jihyun answered Dr.Kim wrote down her responses as Jihyo rubbed her daughter's back. 

"Jihyun, earlier I talked to your mom about some options that have for your condition right now. Unfortunately we passed the part where medication can no longer help you and our other two options envolves you on the table." Jihyun's gulp didn't go unnoticed by Jihyo. 

"Does that mean surgery?" Jihyun said and took a deep breath.

"So the first option is we would remove a small part of your heart to allow an opening for more air to flow through your heart and veins. With this however because you are still growing and your condition can come back.The other option is to have a transplant, but you know with a transplant we have to find the right donor. And even with the right donor your body may reject the heart and lead to further problems."  

"And if I don't want surgery?"

"I would then suggest for you to be home schooled because a crowd can make it wors..."

"And if she decided to have a heart transplant," Jihyo asked.

"She will be moved to the top of the list for a transplant."

After a long discussion, around two hours and a half, it was decided that Jihyun would get a heart transplant. Well the decision was made by Jihyo and the Gods of Olympus only, Jihyun fought but couldn't defeat Cronos like Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon had. According to Korean Law she was still a minor until the age of twenty, meaning that Jihyo had all decision making power, regarding her daughter. 

Jihyun was not happy one bit, she tried to avoid having surgery. She didn't like the idea of being under and being cut open on the table. She didn't like idea of the anastasia wearing off in the middle of surgery. And despite having the best doctors in her hospital she didn't like the idea of having a chance of dying on the table. 

Jihyo on the other hand wanted more time with her baby girl. Ever since her daughter was diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomypathy every second she wasn't spent practicing she searched up ways to make it all go away. She knew her daughter didn't want to be on the table but that was her way of insuring she had more time with her daughter. It's a mother's greatest fear to lose their children and live to bury her children. She did not care if her daughter hated her, as long as her daughter was alive she could always fix her relationship. Once Jihyo had told Chaewon about their decision, the Twice leader made plans to get her own apartment with Jihyun. 

"Jihyun!" Jihyo followed her daughter in to the basement room. 

"Umma I am mad at you and I don't want to talk to you!"

"You do not have to talk, just listen."

Jihyun angerily threw her clothes into a gigantic luggage. The younger Ji had no plans of moving out it was just to scare her mom. 

"I know you don't want this surgery, but when you have your own kids one day you will do the same as well! I watched you grow up and become the person you are today, and you did not get here by yourself."

"How can you say that when you were barely there! Always on tour, at practice leaving me in at the company or for the managers to watch over!" Jihyun dramatically swung her messy luggage across the room. " The person I became today, I got here by myself! I do not know what you mean by getting here with other people around because I was alone till Chaeyeon and the other girls came into my life and I'll always be alone because Twice my friends will only be my friend to get to Twice!" Tears rolled down the younger's eyes and Jihyo stood frozen.  

"Did you know that I was bullied because I never had anyone at school! My parent's don't care about you because they never come to your events! You're not protecting me from keeping this a secret, you're only protecting yourselves! At least if you have left me in the orphange I wouldn't be so paranoid about people finding out that my parents don't care! I wish you never adopted me!"

Jihyo mirrored Jihyun's face with tears steaming out of her eyes. She always kept a strong face and never cried around her daughter. For the first time her daughter saw the goddess break, and she felt so guilty. 

"Umma. I'm sorry I-I didn't mean it," Jihyun reluctantly stretched out her arms. 

"Jihyun. You can say sorry all you want and I will always forgive you. But if you die I will not forgive you nor will I forgive myself. You may not like how we handle things but this is the only family you've got and the only family that will always have your back. Act like Park Jihyun or you might as well be Oh ____ and a stranger to me.Because right now you are not deserving enough to have my name, if you do not appreciate how much we have done for you as your parents." 

Jihyo walked up the stairs leaving her daughter to sit and reflect on her "sins" quietly.