Imperfection

Twice's Daughter

You stood with your backpack hanging off your right shoulder as your left arm sat in a sling for you delocated shoulder. You waited for one of your friends to arrive, excited to tell them about your weekend that probably didn't end well to other's books with a dislocated shoulder. Despite the uncomfort in your shoulder your smile could not disappear. After heading back home from the mall, you were met with Chaewon and Eunbi sitting on your couch drinking tea. 

"She doesn't need a sling. Jihyun is strong." Eunbi sipped her tea as Chaewon pulled out clinical supplies from her bag. 

"Eunbi she needs a sling, it is going to be damaged further if she doesn't rest it."

"She popped her own shoulder back in herself!"

"Okay but not everyone is like you, and she is not in the military. Your suitiation was different you popped your own shoulder back in during a battle," Chaewon said as she wrapped your arm and placed it in a sling. 

"You don't need it kiddo," Eunbi whispered in your ear.

"Do not influence her Kwon Eunbi!"

You laughed at yesterday's incident as the two argued as if they were your parents. Your own thoughts were interuppted when distant foot steps echoed through out the long hallway. You hoped it was one of your friends and your smile curved up as your eyes almost disappeared, skipping to a familiar ash blond haired student. However, you smile faded like the sun disappearing behind the clouds. Chaeyeon had red swollen eyes, red nose and a obvious trail of dried tears on her rosy cheeks. 

"Chae, everything will be okay," you held Chaeyeon close and wrapped your good arm around Chaeyeon's neck. 

The moment she was in your arms she hugged you back letting her tears flow and drop onto your shoulder. Your heart ached seeing Chaeyeon cry and you knew asking further would not be a good idea, only able to pat and rub her back in comfort. You pulled out of the hug a few moments later, held her hand and led her to the resting room for privacy. Once seated on the edge of a bed, Chaeyeon started to slow down her breathing haven taken deep breaths that matched yours. 

"Ji, am I not good enough?" Chaeyeon breathed out. 

"Why would you say that?" you turned towards her and noticed her eyes beginnning to water once more. 

"Kura-chan broke up with me."

Multiple scenarios played in your head but you could not figure out why the world's most "perfect" couple break up. Well you didn't like the concept of the two together at first but Chaeyeon and Sakura go together like Spongebob and Patrick, Shaggy and Scooby, Minnie and Mickey. 

"I can't be Sakura's perfect girlfriend," Chaeyeon sighed.

"No one is perfect, Chae." And at that moment a fuse seemed to explode in Chaeyeon's head. 

"Don't sit there and say that no one is perfect when you can speak three languages, play the guitar, and at least always get top three in exams. You have nine mothers who give you whatever you want. Don't even bring up your heart condition, for all we know you could be lying about it to get attention from other people," she said through gritted teeth. 

"Chae," you voice cracked. 

"People like you are the reason why it is so damn hard for anyone else to survive! When you feel as powerless as I do, you would do anything to feel strong."

"You really think I don't know what it feels like to be vulnerable?" 

"No, I don't think I do. Your mothers and the company behind them can pull any string they want for you and the rest of us are left to watch on the sideline as your life plays like a movie." 

You got up from the bed and walked towards the door slamming it in the process as Chaeyeon was left with regret. She didn't mean to say all that, her emotions --anger, depression, jealousy and greed-- battled with in her and won. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakura, Chaeyeon, Nako, Wonyoung, Yuri, Yujin, and Hitomi sat at the usual table. No one dared to speak noticing Chaeyeon's red eyes and the distance between her and Sakura. All the younger girls deperately waited for Yena, you or Minjoo to come as the three of you usually brought life to the party. Chaeyeon constantly looked into the hallway wanting to apologise to you, when she spotted Minjoo and Yena she stretched out her neck to find you but ouldn't find you at all. Once Yena and Minjoo recieved their food they headed towards the girls. 

"Where is Jihyun?" Chaeyeon spoke for the first time since the morning incident.

Yena shrugged and began to eat as Minjoo's eyebrows knitted together. "She wasn't here today." 

"I saw her this morning?" Chaeyeon mirrored Minjoo's face. 

"Maybe she is in the infirmary," Yujin said as she stole food from Yuri's plate. 

"We were talking in there before school started and she left before me," Chaeyeon left out the part where she said unforgivable things. 

"Where did she go?" Minjoo and Sakura spoke at the same time. 

"Maybe she was sent home, she had a sling on her arm and Dr.Kim has been here for a while."  Chaeyeon moved around the rice on her plate. 

"We can ask Ms. Kwon," Yena said with full. "Ms.Kwon and Dr.Kim are engaged," Yena mumbled once again.

Yena shoved the rest of her food into as Chaeyeon, Minjoo and Sakura stood up in sync. The maknaes looked between the four unnies and continued to eat their food fast enough to catch up to them later. By the time the unnies reatched Ms.Kwon's homeroom, Eunbi had just slid close her classroom door and looked at the running quartet. Minjoo and Sakura were heaving and sighing as the sprint to catch EUnbi played a role on their unathletic bodies. Once they caught their breaths the maknae line caught up to them. 

"Ms.Kwon did Jihyun go home?" 

"Not that I know of but she probably is at home so there is nothing to worry about, she will be back tomorrow."