Guri, Gyeonggi

Twice's Daughter

Jihyo woke up at first she couldn't see anything as she was trying to adjust to the lights. When she was able to process everything, there were big penguins that were bigger than you, small ones that barely fit in your arms, some were blue, gray and pink, and they were all scattered around the room. Jihyo smiled as you practically made the living room a penguin exhibit but her smile faded when she couldn't find you anywhere in the mess or hear you running around in the house.

"___-ah!" Jihyo sat up and looked around again. Jihyo stood up even though it hurt her to. "___-ah!" 

"Umma! No standing!" You ran and hugged Jihyo's leg. 

"Where were you umma was worried." 

"Sorry," you pouted "I want to get very big penguin for umma." You opened your arms very wide. 

"Umma only need you," she kisses you on your head. 

You stayed cuddled up to each other until Jihyo's phone rang as well as the door bell. "Is it umma?!"

Jihyo looked at the caller ID, it was umma, but It wasn't any of yours. 

 

yeoboseyo

Jihyo-ah

Umma 

Your face lit up as you though it was one of the twice members, as you reached towards Jihyo jumping up and down, hoping she would give you the phone.

Gwenchana?

Ne, you don't have to worry Umma

I have to worry you are my daughter... I am also outside of the dorm right now.

You are!

If you think that I would not bring my own daughter to surgery than you are wrong missy.

And how come I didn't find out you had a daughter yourself until the news said it?

Am I not worth telling that I have a granddaughter?

I still don't understand how your members can leave her here when you can't even take care of yourself?

Umma I want  talk to ummas. 

___-ah Umma is talking to my umma 

It umma!

___-ah shh I am on the phone

Oh Jihyo-ah can you get your daughter to open the door?

The code is **** 

I wanna talk umma!

Bye bye.

The door beeped as the code was put in. You thought your ummas are already back so you ran to see who it was. Only to run back into the livingroom hugging Jihyo's legs as you have never seen Jihyo's mom before. Jihyo's mom croached down to be at your eye level and tried to introduce herself, as you hid into Jihyo's leg more. 

"I am Jihyo's umma, I am your grandma."

You looked at Jihyo for reassurance and only approached your grandmother when Jihyo nodded. You were still reluctant ofcourse, but you placed your hands in your grandmothers hands. 

"Let's go help umma so she can get better okay."

"Okay!"

You ran into the hallway where Jungyeon placed the wheelchair for Jihyo. You pulled and tugged as hard as you could to bring the wheelchair towards Jihyo. Jihyo smiled as she saw the determination on your face while her mother smiled seeing a baby version of how Jihyo use to be. Although there are plenty of "little Jihyos" as her two sisters looked very similar to the goddess leader. You could not understand why the wheelchair isn't moving when you saw Jungyeon push it into the hall this morning, so you looked around the wheelchair, but you could not see what was wrong with it so you continued to pull until you fell on your for pulling to hard. You pouted and ran towards Jihyo almost crying due to the pain on your and for not being able to help your mother. 

Jihyo carried you onto her lap as Jihyo's mom stood up and released the brake and pushed it over to Jihyo. You moved onto the couch beside Jihyo as she moved one leg with her hands onto one of the foot rests then using her upper body strength and resting her hands on the arm rest to put herself in the wheelchair. She carried you into her lap when she seated herself and waited for her mom to get her thing as push her in to the car. 

On the way to the car you sqealed with joy with your personal "taxi". 

"Taxi, taxi, taxi." you hugged Jihyo tighter. 

"You like taxi?" Jihyo asked.

"If umma in taxi." 

Upon reaching the hospital you played on the small plastic playground as Jihyo was getting her surgery. Of course it took awhile when Jihyo and her mom set you down to play with the other kids. It took almost an hour before you got comfortable with the kids. One tried to approach you but you hid behind Jihyo, but that didn't seem to stop him as he just sat in front of Jihyo waiting for you to play with him.  

Jeffery was his name it was on his sweater. He had a long face with chubby cheeks, his nose was tall, small pink lips, small eyes, and big ears. He was also a year older than you. You wondered why he was so quiet even when other kids were yelling and cheering. Unknown to you Jeffery was mute and waiting for his own mother to come out of surgery. You looked at him from behind Jihyo and he waved towards you. You waved back as Jihyo gestured you towards him to play and so she could go prep for her surgery. 

As Jihyo had her surgery you played with Jeffery with the ABC blocks trying to see who could build a taller tower. When his fell before yours, you laughed until he knocked over your own causing you to cry. He made you stop crying by hugging you then the two of you started to build a castle until his mom finished his surgery and his dad brought him back to their room. Not long after Jihyo's mom came to get you, of course Jihyo was resting but you were told by her mother that once she wakes up she'd get to go home. You asked to be put on bed with Jihyo so you could be with your mom. Of course, like Jihyo her mother took pictures. 

When Jihyo woke up her mother went to go get the doctor.

"Hi baby," Jihyo hugged you.

"Umma we go home now."

"Yeah!" Jihyo kissed your cheek. 

The doctor came in followed by Jihyo's mom, he came in with a chart in his hands. "You seem to be doing well, you can go home today but I suggest not to walk today, and start taking it easy with crutches first then start walking in about 3 days.

The nurses helped Jihyo out of te bed and onto the wheel chair and you put your hands into air to be carried onto the wheelchair. When they reached the car Jihyo's mom carried you and put you in the carseat, the nurse then helped Jihyo into the frontseat. the crutches and wheelchair in the seat next to you. Jihyo's mom drove and you wondered where you were going as you just passed the play ground  near the dorm.

'We're going to umma's home." Jihyo said after seeing you look around in her peripheral vision.

"It over there," you pointed in the other direction.

"Sweety we are going to my umma's home."

"Where?"

"We will be there soon, just take a nap baby."

"But Pengi," you pouted as you wanted your favorite stuffed penguin.

"Ta-da!" Jihyo pulled it out that was hiding on her lap. "Do you want umma to sing too? You have to sleep by the end, okay." 

 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MNlnG3odU_k (ignore the instramentals)

 

"She's just like you Jihyo-ah." Jihyo's mom smiled at Jihyo