God Is My Protector

Twice's Daughter

For a while you remained hiding behind your arms while Nayeon was trying to figure out how to send herself all these pictures. It was all good till Nayeon opened your messages causing you to press the lock botton as she complained. Only Jihyo was the other person to know your password and Jihyo wasn't going to give it to her any time soon. Mina continued putting her 1000 piece puzzle together, and a majority of the members --Momo, Sana, Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Dahyun-- went to go rest in their respective rooms. Sana dragged Tzuyu with her to cuddle with the friendship Momo and Sana had, Momo began to act jealous. Jungyeon was cleaning everything, anywhere. Jihyo went to get the mail. Nayeon was just going through her phone.

Jihyo came in carrying a package along with some other gift bags. The same package you decided to leave at the door the other night. With as many presents that come almost everyday there were things you were allowed to keep and things you had to give to the company as it was not safe. Most of the stuff ended up being returned as the girls realy didn't see a use for them. As always Jihyo started sorting out the gifts and Jungyeon helped later on. Nayeon finally finished sending herself the pictures ,after you unlocked your phone, but now she was going through SNS and really whatever she did on her phone, like a phone addict. It was in a sense Christmas almost everday. 

"Jihyun you have a package." Jihyo stated that shocked you.

"Why?' You immediately grabbed the cardboard box.

You took the boxcutter and opened it while Jihyo was sorting the other gifts and Dahyun now lazily sat on the couch trying to find something good to watch. Once the box was opened a note sat on top of the plastic bubble wrap, which read 'A Belated Birthday Present From Yoo oldies'. Dahyun immediately picked up the bubble wrap popping each one individually. In the box laid a black-- supposedly-- Anti-Theft Multifunctional Laptop Backpack With USB Charging Port, a new Apple MacBook Air and a handheld drone. There wasn't any use for you to have an Anti-Theft backpack if you alwayed left it in the classroom, your computer in your room was already enough, and the handheld drone did not have any use for you unless you were going to make a video. Even then it is easy to borrow one from the production staff at JYP. Of course it is of good use but Twice has also exaggerated your condition and since then you have gotten plentiful gifts from JYP staff members, your friends -- who really don't let you do anything--, and family members. 

"This is too much," you complained.

"It is way too much, you have a working computer." Jihyo looked over your shoulder and creased her eyebrows together.

"Do you want it?" 

"No no your grandparents paid for it."

"I'll take it!" Dahyun moved away her attention from the bubble wrap, having thrown it over her head and having it land on Jihyo's head. 

"You don't get anything!" Jihyo threw the bubble wrap back to Dahyun.

Despite the amount of money each Twice members had, they still did not buy you things that you absolutey did not need and would just sit and collect dust a year later. Jihyo did not want to spoil you but that was a hard thing to control with eight other members who were also your mothers. They all use to spoil you but Jihyo figured out why so many new things started to appear in your room. Jihyo established, with the other members-- that they would put money aside for you though you could not access it until you were of age. That didn't stop Tzuyu from buying things for you. 

Gifts were something uncommon for you, to the Twice members it was just an everyday thing. Gifts usually symbolized a great thing but for Jihyun gifts were like a pity gift. Before your conditon you would've never gotten gifts as you only wished for family dinners. With a heavy sigh, you grabbed your phone and went into your room. You left the gifts in the center and your sudden mood change did not go unnoticed. Mina looked up from her puzzle and glanced towards your closed door. Mina wasn't the only one Jihyo stood up immediately as well. Jihyo pulled out her phone and texted in the Twice group chat

'Meeting in Jihyun's room'

Let Jihyo unnie go, Jihyun might feel overwhelmed with all of us -Tzuyu

Jihyo entered your room shortly after. A lump laid under the blankets and the only source of light in the room was the lamp from your nightstand. 

"Do you want to talk about it?"Jihyo sat at the foot of your bed.

You opened up your cocoon, inviting Jihyo to snuggle with you. Jihyo held you in her arms and the both of you laid like that for a good ten minutes before anything was said. 

"Do you think people pity me for my condition?" it almost came out inaduable but Jihyo heard it.

"There will always be someone who pities you,someone who envies you and someone who will out right hate you."

"Do you think Minjoo likes me because she pities me?" you pouted.

"I can't say I have an answer for that Ji," Jihyo kissed the top of your head. "You're easily swayed by your heart because you want to be loved, even if that means that you're going to end up hurt. Because of that, you distance yourself making yourslef believe that no one likes you, when in truth you are already loved by so many people. I do not know you friends, but I know that because you told them who your parents are... that you are waiting for that moment when they will become selfish. There will always be a risk of something happening but you can't let your past and that risk be in the way." Jihyo squeezed you tighter. "Gosh you are growing up so fast, I don't want you to fall in love. You're my baby girl, and you will always be. I remember meeting you for the first time in that polar bear swinging cradle." 

You wrapped your arms around Jihyo's waist a small smile evident on your lips. "I was a cute baby wasn't I?" 

"Very cute. All Nayeon unnie did was snuggle into your cheeks," Jihyo brushed a stand of hair behind your ear. "I will do anything in my power to protect you, even if that means giving your friends my wrath," Jihyo chuckled earning a chuckle from you knowing Jungyeon would probably beat her to it.