Depleting Battery

Twice's Daughter

It has been a month since Jihyun grew distant with her friends and family. To your friends it was hard to tell whether or not you knew everything going on between Chaeyeon, Sakura and Minjoo as you kept to yourself more than usual. However that did not stop the fact that everyone out of your friends kept taking care of you as if your were incapable of doing anything yourself. It did not help that any time you didn't have a smile on your face that Eunbi asks if everything is alright, or ask if you wanted to see Dr. Kim. You and Jihyo both being subborn to the bone didn't dare to apologize first. Jihyo not knowing what to apologize for while you kept your pride up. 

You spent less and less of your time with your friends at school and began spending more and more time with Younggun. Of course on school grounds, in the garden and on the roof. You hated the feeling of people labeling you as incapable because of your heart condition, and that started to be noticed with in your group of people. No one ever said anything as your straight face slowly became a resting face. 

As juniors Eunbi decided that she would give out practice exams. In the past month you had four exams,  at first your scores didn't seem like anything bad until the very last score. From rank 4, 7, 12 to 43, you didn't tell anyone as they would limit what you would do and worry like you were a newborn baby. Your heart condition has consistantly gotten worse, that your heart would be in so much pain that the world seemed to be shut out and caused your consentration to deplete. Eunbi noticing your change in attitude and your change in your grades called you out as she assigned the class to read individually. Though that was not a good idea as she knew the class would just gossip with each other. She called Chaewon and once Chaewon arrived she decided to bring you the the hospital. From the short walk from the infirmary to Chaewon's car you didn't notice your were out of breath until Chaewon asked if you were alright.

"Jihyun? Are you all right?" Chaewon glanced at you before glacing back at the road.

"What?" you looked at her as you held onto your chest.

"You are breathing pretty hard, are you alright?" 

"It feels like my chest is burning."

"From one to te-"

"Eleven"

"Hold on we are almost there."

Once you reached the hopital in the Chaewon's private parking you stepped out and in two steps you were on the ground as Chaewon hovered over you with her stethoscope on your chest. In a muffled yell, or for you, you could hear Chaewon yell for a gurney 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaewon and her team were able to stablize you and once everything else was checked Chaewon ordered an electrocardiogram, a test that shows how the heart is pumping. Small electrodes were placed on your opened uniform chest, connected to a machine. The machine's printout showed that your heart was pumping way to slow, pumping less oxygen into your blood stream. While this was being processed you were sent for an echocardiography the see exactly how your heart is working.

Jihyo running in the emergency room with her heals clanging into the marble floor wearing a dress was not obvious at all.  Others who were there for a few stitches or stomach aches noticed Jihyo immediately and pulled out their phone. They were able to pick out why Jihyo was there as she ran to your side. Though your face was not shown a video caught a glimpes of your uniform recognizing it to be from Hanlim. Chaewon's team rolled you into the private room Jihyo immediately payed for. Jihyo could not help but fear that her last conversation was a fight with you, fear that this was the most dreaded moment of being a mother. She did not let go of your hand at all, and she didn't plan to in fear that if she lets go you would slip away.

Chaewon walked in moments later and suggested Jihyo your options. 

"Miss Park, I have some options concerning Jihyun's health. The first one is septal myectomy where we would surgically remove a small amount of the thickened septal wall to widen the outflow tract from the left ventricale aorta. Of course the risk having the surgery so early is that Jihyun's septal wall can grow as she herself is still growing. The other option is to have a transplant, but with a transplant we would not know when Jihyun has the right match and there is a 75%  that Jihyun would survive for another three years, but her body may still reject the heart."

"Could we wait for a time where her heart won't grow back the wall?" 

"We can but we don't know how long she can handle, as Jihyun has been keeping some information from us and her condition has been worsening. Hypertrophic Cardiomypathy can worse through emotional stress," Chaewon glanced up at Jihyo and noticed the frown on her face. "I understand that this is a lot of information for you and when Jihyun wakes up we can talk to her together. Jihyun is strong and she is a fighter she will get through this." Chaewon side hugged her and left the room.