five

This Kind of Relationship

“See you later. Enjoy the rest.” Jieun grinned and whispered loud enough so Jiyong could hear. He smiled and waved for goodbye.

 

Jieun let out a deep breath. “You did a good job Jieun.” Then she would take out her phone and text Inna as soon as possible.

 

Jieun: Did you watch it?

Jieun: Was I ok?

Jieun: Did I make any mistakes unnie?

Jieun: UNNIE!!!

Inna: Ya. My phone kept vibrating because of you.

Inna: You did great Jingjjang.

Inna: By the way…

Inna: You and G-D looked weird.

Jieun: Huh?

Jieun: You know we’re kinda close friends

Jieun: I told you already.

Inna: No. Of course you guys are close.

Inna: But there is something else.

Jieun: What?

Inna: I don’t know. You figure it out.

Jieun: Ya Yoo Inna!!

Inna: Are you on your way to meet Hyori?

Jieun: Yea.

Inna: Ok talk to you later. I have to go back to the concert.

Jieun: Unnie!!!

Inna: Bye Jingjjang.

 

Jieun hissed off. This unnie always . After waving to her fans, she completely felt excited to meet Hyori unnie. After her trips to Jeju to work as a staff with Hyori’s show, they became closer and closer. Before the recording, she would be nervous as if she could get closer to Hyori. She was glad that she could talk to Hyori unnie casually now. Just then, a message popped up.

 

Jinri: Ya unnie. You’re jjang. (You’re the best)

Jieun: Thanks my Jinri. And sorry I have to leave early.

Jieun: I can’t even say hi to you.

Jinri: It’s alright. You know unnie looks so cute with Jiyong oppa.

Jieun: Really? I doubt that kkkkk (laugh)

Jinri: Really!! I already shipped you and Jiyong oppa.

Jieun: What kkkk don’t say that. Jiyong fans will find you kkkkk

Jinri: By the way where are you going?

Jieun: Oh I have someone else to meet. Sorry Jinri ~~

Jinri: It’s alright unnie kkkk let’s catch up sometimes.

Jieun: Bye Jinri ~~

 

It’d been a while since she last saw Jinri when she had a cameo on Jinri’s movie with Soohyun. They were both close friends with Jieun and that was why Jieun would say yes to do a cameo, alongside with Suzy. She could guess that Jinri was there too. Jinri was close to Jiyong anyway. Just then, she would think that Jiyong somehow connected to her life in many ways. One of her best unnies and soulmates in the world, Yoo Inna, was in the same agency with Jiyong. Jinri, a close dongsaeng to Jieun, was also close to Jiyong.

Jieun began to memorize their previous stage. Then, she would realize how naughty he was during the talk and that made her feel so embarrassed. Jiyong was such a witty but that made Jieun smiled when she thought back the moment they stood together. He would act so differently in front of his fans, and she realized how flirty he was to his fans.

“That’s why many girls were so down with Kwon Jiyong.” She would think.

 

As an effect after the concert, Jieun the music. It was that song, his song, the song with no title at all. It was his emotions and she would understand all. He was broken, she knew that. Jieun knew Jiyong well enough because she knew most of his stories. Jiyong would never tell her all, but she could come to a sense of those stories. Jieun knew who broke him so hard, and Jieun also knew why he would deeply fall in love with that person. She wondered if Jiyong still thought of that girl. She never really asked him about that girl. Jiyong always found her first and told her randomly. Sometimes, he would tell a long story and sometimes, he just wanted to have someone to talk to.

 

“Jieun ah.. Are you busy?” He always called her in a random day.

“No oppa. I’m just coming back from the studio.” She looked exhausted through his phone so he thought that he would better not talk about him today.

“How was your recording? Is any song done?”

“No oppa. I’m just working on the instrumental and melody first. I still have like 2 months. I think I will start recording next week.”

“Have you decided on your title track?”

“No oppa. I’m still thinking. It’s hard.”

“Do you need this oppa’s advice?” Jiyong rolled his eyes and waited for her response. He was serious though.

“I’m about to ask you right now oppa.” Jieun would start to find her paper and her guitar. “There was one song that I had come up with the melody by a guitar. I’m not sure if I should put this as my title track. Do you want to hear it oppa?”

“Sure.” Jiyong was excited.

 

Jieun would start to sing her song in a very pure voice. It was about her, once again. Jiyong listened to her lyrics and slightly nodded. Her lyrics were indeed simple yet so wholehearted. He could relate to the song already. She just simply told the whole world who she was, what she liked and how she felt. Jiyong knew he already fell in love with the song. It had its own way to deliver such a pure message.

 

“How was it oppa?” Jieun nervously looked at him.

“I never really realize you’re already twenty five Jieun.” Jiyong jokingly gave an irrelevant answer.

“Ya oppa. What about the song itself?” Jieun became annoyed.

“Just kidding hehe. It’s good. You did a great job. But…” Jiyong proceeded his mind and eventually came up with an idea. “How about a rap in between the second chorus and the last one? It felt empty for a little bit.”

Jieun always liked how Jiyong never praised anything so much and he would point out anything he honestly felt. This is how she also respected him as a talented senior.

“Rap?” Jieun went on thinking for a while before she suddenly smiled. “That’s great. Should I? I never really had someone rapping for my title track before.”

That was indeed Jiyong. He always came up with spectacular ideas and Jieun would always agree with everything he said.

“Are you going to use this melody anyway? Or you will just have someone arranged it again?”

“I like this version more. But we will see. I have to ask Jonghoon oppa too.” Then, Jieun would remember what she was missing. “By the way, thank you oppa.”

“Hm?”

“For your advice.” She smiled with her smiley eyes.

Jiyong felt happy yet questioned himself for that feeling. It had been a long time that the feeling was coming back to him. It was the feeling of making someone happy, and it was the feeling of satisfying when he made someone happy. Someone that was only special for him. Someone? Was Jieun not supposed to be someone? She could not be because he would never let himself consider her as that 'someone'. He was sure that nothing was going to happen between them, but he did not know that life was always unexpected. So was his heart.

 

Jieun had a great time with Hyori at the bar where Sangsoon was a DJ. She did not go back home until almost 1:00 A.M and she felt a little tired yet still so excited. Sometimes, Jieun would go to the bar for relaxation. Everyone must think of her as a very innocent image and she hated that. She never was that kind of girl in the beginning. Sometimes, she would complaint at how she was during “Good Day” era and ended up feeling sorry about it. That song had built her up today anyway, she should be glad to that song itself. But, somehow she would still prefer not to be judged by so many people. She soon realized it was a payback for being a successful and well-known artist in this industry.

When she was about to lie on the bed, someone just called her. She knew who it was anyway.

 

“Kwon Jiyong.” She would start the conversation with a frown. “You forgot the lyrics, didn’t you?”

“Sorry hehehehe. And thank you for helping me.” Jiyong still felt sorry for not rapping properly.

“You’re lucky that I did not make mistakes either.” Jieun still pretended to be mad.

“How was your night with Hyori noona? Did you have fun?”

“Of course I did. Sangsoon oppa was so good hehehehe.” Jieun made a thumb-up and would dance around her room a little bit. “How was your concert? Did you sing that song too?”

“It felt so good Jieun. You were right. I sang it at the end of the encore. I never really thought that it would make me feel better. What a night.”

Jiyong smiled and that would make Jieun happy too. He remembered his last stage when he sang that song wholeheartedly. It was all from his heart. It was from deep down inside him and he let it out tonight. She was right, he would think. Just then, he wondered why she had always known what was the best for him. He wondered why she would always know what he had to do. He wondered what she meant to him when she just suddenly came to his life and began to shake up his world? But he liked it, her existence within his world.

“I told you. Jiyong should always listen to omma.”

“Yea omma. You’re the best.” Jiyong lay on the bed and felt a little bit sleepy. “Jieun ah, thank you.”

“Why?”

“For coming to the concert.” Jiyong closed his eyes.

“You told me already in the concert oppa.” Jieun would lie on the bed while looking at him through the phone.

“Also, thank you…” Jiyong whispered loud enough for Jieun to hear. “For coming to my life.”