eighteen

This Kind of Relationship

They were lying on his bed, looking at each other, not through their phones like other times, but right beside each other. Their eyes locked into each other, as they were seeing their happiness, as she was his world and he was her world. Jieun slowly touched his cheek and felt his cosiness. She could not believe that he was right beside her, as she got used to see his face through that small device. Though, Jieun was still coy at everytime Jiyong pulled her close to his side. Jiyong would grin, still putting his hand around her waist. He needed her warmth as much as possible; he wanted to feel her around more.

 

“How can it happen?” Jieun likely questioned to herself rather than asking Jiyong.

“Hm?”

“All of this.” Jieun leaned closer to him. “You and me.”

Jiyong would stun. Then, he pinched her nose and placed a kiss into her lips still opening. He tried to comfort her.

“I guess everything happens for a reason.” Jiyong touched her hair. “But I also think I’ve made the right decision in the right time. Have you ever had a feeling that you would regret if you did not do it, that you wished you should have done it and you wanted to turn back time just to fix it? I’ve had many times and I still let it go with shames. It still haunted me sometimes. And everytime I made another mistake, I told myself not to do it again, but I still did.”

Jieun looked into his eyes; it was sincere. He was broken, Jieun could feel it. It broke her heart too, just by watching him like that.

“Until you came, Jieun ah. You changed how my mind went. I felt like if I ever let you go, I would become something else. Something that could not exist anymore. I felt like I would forever regret about this if I ever let you go. I felt like if it was not for you, then it could not be anyone else.” Jiyong gasped before continuing. “Every night I wondered if it had really happened, all of this. I also wondered if it was wrong just to be with you. I might just ruin you, and I was afraid that I would hurt you. I don’t believe in myself Jieun ah. I’m a jerk, sometimes I feel like I do not deserve you at all. But, my selfishness told me to hold you back because I wanted to be with you. And Jieun ah…”

Jiyong paused. He just said everything out, everything he supposed he should keep only for himself because she might hate him for that, he would think.

“I want to try making you happy again.”

Jiyong swallowed the remained words inside his head. “Even though I cannot bring myself to promise.”

 

Why was it so hard for broken people to fall in love again? Was it true that when people were broken, they tended to be tough? No, it was not. Their hearts became more and more fragile with more and more pains. They were reluctant about other people, and about themselves. They did not trust themselves anymore.

 

Jiyong could not believe in himself. He had been through many ed-up relationships, and he was always the one to mess everything up. He always blamed himself for everything, even though he pitied himself for being a fool. Jiyong was afraid that he could just end up hurting his loved ones, by any means, even though he tried so hard not to. It was irony how it was easy for Jiyong to hurt someone than to cherish someone. He found it so ridiculous when he was the first one to leave but he was actually the one who remained in the end.

Until Jieun came, a sense of mind inside Jiyong told him to try one more time. Though, he tried to resist it as much as he could. But the more it was restrained, the more it tended to explode. His affection on her became greater and greater until he did not care anymore. The fear inside of him now was somehow overwhelmed by his deep sentiment for her, which made him more afraid. He always wanted to control his feelings, he believed he had done very well on it. But with Jieun, everything she had had put Jiyong out of control. With Jieun, Jiyong seemed to forget about everything else in the world, because she just became another world of him.

 

“Oppa. Can you promise me one thing?” Jieun would look at him, holding his face. “If we ever have to leave each other, can you promise that the reason would never be something else but your changes of heart?”

Jiyong tried to find her eyes, wishing her not to shed tears again. But she was not crying. She was smiling.

“If we ever have to break up, I will only accept it if the reason is that you’re really tired of me.” Jieun was still smiling. “Other than that, you can never leave me. You have to stay by my side.”

Jiyong was dumbfound.

“If you ever break up with me for any other reasons, I will hate you forever Kwon Jiyong.” Jieun opened her little finger. “Pinky promise?”

Not waiting for Jiyong to respond, Jieun pulled out his hand and put her little finger inside his little finger. “Pinky promise. You’ve promised Jiyong.”

 

The moment she knew she had feelings for Jiyong, she was afraid more than ever. She was afraid of getting hurt again, of course. But day by day, she found her fear faded away. Instead, she started to trust him no matter what. It was not that her fear had escaped, but it rather stood there without affecting to her. She did not let it control her feelings anymore. Though she was afraid, it was okay for him to hurt her. Because she would never hurt him.

When you love someone so much that you did not want to hurt them, it is alright to let them hurt you.

She chose to believe him, when everyone told her not to. She was not that stupid. But she still believed in him, and also, she believed in herself. She let him open her heart, go through her soul, touch her mind and heal her pains. Jieun knew it was risky, but because he was worth it. Jiyong was worth for all of these things. So, she did not care anymore.

 

 

“I’ll miss you, Jieun.” He hugged her tight and closed his eyes.

“I’ll miss you too.” She clinged closer to him.

 

In case I don’t see ya, good-afternoon good-evening and 굿밤 (good-night)

 


Hi guys, sorry for the short update. It's been a little downhearted, right? I promise next chapter will be a fun one. No more tears and sorrow ~ 

Anyway, I just want to ask if anyone is going to ACT III, MOTTE Concert of GD? I just want to share with everyone that I'M GOING on July 19th!!!! I'm so excited OMG ~

Also, thanks for your comments and supports XOXO