fifteen

This Kind of Relationship

“Ya Lee Jieun, you are saying the truth?”

Inna widened her eyes as big as possible. She never thought that her little sister could end up dating that kind of man. A super star. A super famous boyfriend. A boyfriend who could cause you in trouble. A boyfriend with many headlines on the news. Inna sensed something about the relationship between Jieun and Jiyong, but Inna never really hoped they would start something like this. She was worried for her little sister, of course. Inna did not think of Jiyong as a bad boy, it was just her sense that Jiyong could end up hurting Jieun by some ways.

“Oh… it just happened.” Jieun slightly nodded.

“Ya Jieun. Are you sure?” Inna still held doubts in her mind.

“Sure about what?”

“Are you sure he really likes you? He still sings about his ex you know? I don’t think…”

“Unnie.” Jieun looked into her sister’s eyes.

“Sorry Jieun. I’m just really worried. You seem to be so down for your last relationship. I’m just afraid…” Inna could not look into Jieun’s eyes. They were too sad.

“I know unnie.” Jieun leaned back on her sofa. “I knew how great his love was for that girl. Somehow, I’m still jealous of that girl even though she’s not with him anymore. But seeing him sad made me start to think of how to make him feel happy instead of jealousy. I started to realize that I’ve become more sacrificed in this relationship. It’s not that easy unnie.”

“Jieun ah, if it’s not easy, you can choose not to do it. You should choose what can make you happy. I really meant it.” Inna hugged her little sister tight. This girl did not deserve to be hurt again.

“But unnie, I’m happy.”

 

Inna felt a sting in her heart. Why was her little sister always like this? Inna always knew Jieun would be this kind of girl.

When she fell, she fell hard.

 

“Are you really happy, Jieun?” Inna held Jieun’s shoulder.

“Oh. I’m really happy. Jiyong really makes me happy.” Jieun smiled.

 

Her smile somehow triggered Inna’s mind. Could she trust that guy? She had no idea why Jiyong would end up feeling something for Jieun. Inna knew Jieun had many charms, but she never knew Jiyong would fall for someone like Jieun. Inna was full of doubts.

 

“Ok. We’ll see. You know you are my precious sister, and daughter too. I’ll kill him if he doesn’t treat you right.” Inna patted Jieun’s head and hugged her tight.

“I know unnie. You’re my precious un-ma too.” Jieun hugged back.

 

Jieun knew enough to realize what Inna’s words were trying to say. She was not that dumb. But, she chose to believe in her heart because she chose to trust Jiyong. She really wanted to make him happy, by any how she could. Jieun was always that kind of girl, sacrificed for other people, especially her loved ones.

 

Jiyong: Jijijiji baby baby ~

Jiyong: What are you doing, my Ji?

Jieun: (insert a photo of a book)

Jieun: This

Jiyong: You’re still reading it?

Jiyong: I thought you would finish it soon.

Jieun: There are some parts I want to reread again oppa

Jiyong: Yeoksi, uri Jieun. (That’s our Jieun.)

Jieun: What kk

Jieun: Also…

Jieun: What is G-Dragon-sshi doing in Macau tonight?

Jiyong: I’m waiting for my food to arrive.

Jiyong: Chinese food ~~~~

Jieun: Woah. I’m jealous ~~~

Jiyong: Why kkkk ?

Jieun: I like Chinese food too, for your information

Jiyong: Really? Let’s go out next time.

Jieun: kkkk

Jieun: When?

Jiyong: I’ll be back on Monday.

Jiyong: How about Tuesday?

Jieun: Really? You’re not busy?

Jiyong: No. I have to go somewhere on Wednesday though.

Jieun: Really? Is it ok with you?

Jiyong: Yes my Jiji kkk

Jiyong: Why are you worried?

Jieun: Nothing… I’m just worried that you might be busy for your work.

Jiyong: (insert a photo of the food)

Jiyong: It has arrived ~

Jieun: Manhi meoggo ~ (Eat well ~)

 

 

Jiyong: (insert a photo of himself)

Jiyong: Hello

Jieun: (insert a photo of herself)

Jieun: Hello

They casually texted as much as possible. He was flying almost every week and soon had a very busy schedule in July. Their regular conversations would start with a picture of themselves and a lovely greeting. Then, at night, they would have video calls just to look at each other falling asleep.

 

Jieun was having a rest at a time. Almost of the breaktime, she would be at home doing her stuffs. Jieun would play with her guitar, sometimes would end up in composing a melody and writing some lyrics, sometimes would end up covering some others’ songs. Then, she would check on the news and the social medias. Jiyong was having fun in Macau, wasn’t he? Sometimes, Jieun would feel a little bit lonely. Though, Jiyong always put effort in talking to her whenever he could.

“Hello Jiji.” Jiyong had returned to the hotel from his last day of concert in Macau.

“Hello oppa. Are you tired?”

“Oh. Not much. I’m not really sleepy now.”

“Did you have fun oppa? How were the Macau fans?”

“They were great. I felt more relaxed while talking to them though. They tried to speak Korean to me too.” Jiyong grinned happily.

“Really? What did they say?”

“Stuff like ‘saranghaeyo oppa’. You know, it’s the simple sentence.”

“Wow. Oppa G-Dragon was too lovable.”

Jieun would and they would crack up all night long, chitchatting random jokes and sometimes cheesy lines. It was hard for them though, dating through phones and dating in private. But Jiyong was satisfied with this, after all. He felt like his heart was finally healed and released. He liked the feelings of having someone to lean on, to depend on and to rely on. Every second being with Jieun was precious for him. He wished everything would be like this for a long time, since forever was too much of unrealistic.

 

“Good night Jiji.” Jiyong would fall asleep first since he was still out of energy from his concerts.

“Good night Jiyong.” Jieun smiled.

Then, after his dept in sleep, Jieun would still put her phone on. She had always loved to watch people sleeping. Jiyong looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. Jieun, somehow, wanted Jiyong to look like that for all of his entire life. He had worked so much for his fans, but she knew he was put in many stresse, pressures and pains. He was always watched by people, and she knew he hated that. But when he slept, his face seemed to release all of those and Jieun loved that. She wanted to be someone for him to lean on, to depend on and to rely on.

 

 

“What do you think Jieun?” Jiyong asked her after giving her a sample of ‘Untitled, 2014’.

Jieun resisted her words. She wanted to ask if this was meant to be about that girl. But she could not bring out her words.

“Hm… I bet it will become the next hit after ‘If You’ you know.” Jieun finally came up with some lines.

“That’s it?” Jiyong seemed to not satisfy with her praise. He needed more accurate comments.

“Hm… I like it.” Jieun avoided his gaze. “It’s really… emotional.”

“Ya Lee Jieun. Just tell me what was your true opinion.” Jiyong was upset, somehow.

“To be honest…” Jieun would slowly speak “You must really be heartbroken.”

Jiyong looked at her. He felt like she was seeing through himself, and he would let her do that. He hated the idea of people looking through himself, but he accepted her to do that. That was weird, which he thought.

“You knew that, Jieun.”

“I’m sorry oppa.” Jieun looked away from her phone. “I should not mention that.”

“That’s fine. I have to face it anyway.” Jiyong smiled “I just felt like doing the song to somehow release something from my heart.”

“That… would be nice oppa. You should do what is the best for you.”

“Should I?” Jiyong grinned.

“Yea. You should be happy too.”

Jiyong stared at Jieun. He felt like he was expecting something from that line. But he felt like she was trying to say something with that sentence.

“Should I?” Jiyong repeated, looking for her answer to his expectation.

“You deserve it. I really meant it oppa. You have to be happy.”

Jieun never knew why she said that.

 

But now she remembered why she said that.

She wanted to make him happy.