fourteen

This Kind of Relationship

Jieun was still closing her eyes, when their lips parted away. Jiyong looked at her, still put his hand around her waist. She looked so small and adorable that Jiyong just wanted to hold her in his hand like that. She was too desirable for Jiyong. He could not believe he was doing all of this. It felt like… a dream to him.

Jieun smiled and her smile just melt Jiyong’s heart. They were just standing there, closely looking at each other and smiling like two idiots who were in their own world.

They were happy, just simply happy.

 

“I haven’t ordered anything yet.” Jiyong would grin widely with his teeth. He was being witty.

“What?” Jieun, again, made her annoyed face.

“What do you want to eat?”

“Hmmmm… pizza?” Jieun glared at him.

“Heol..” Jiyong would surprise. He did not expect that.

“Huh? You don’t want pizza? Then oppa can choose.”

“No no… Pizza is fine.” Jiyong chuckled. Whenever he asked a girl to choose what to eat, he always got the same response: “Whatever you like.” But Jieun was so different, and that made Jiyong feel glad. She was always different though.

 

They ended up having pizza, some juices left over in Jieun’s refridge and watching movies. Jiyong had always recommended movies for Jieun and sometimes, she would do the same thing. They did not exactly share the same type of movies, but they did watch each other’s recommendation. Sometimes, they would have a little argument about the film. They were both stubborn and conservative. But Jiyong would always go easy on Jieun. She was insistent sometimes, but Jiyong would never mind. That was weird of him, because he never really gave in that easily.

 

They were watching an old movie called “The Pretty One”. This time was Jieun’s suggestion. It was about a twin-sister who happened to involve in a dramatic accident. Unfortunately, one could not survive and it was the older sister who was more successful and more appreciated by their families. However, everyone falsely believed the survival was the older sister, despite the fact she was the younger sister who always felt burden by being compared with her sister. She then started to live her sister’s life and to come to realization that everything was different from what it seemed.

 

“Do you think they are going to fall in love?” Jieun would ask during the film.

“Sure they do. Though, she should tell the truth.”

Jiyong would curve her hair along his fingers. Her hair was too short but he liked that. He liked how the short hair did not make one too serious. He never like things with seriousness. He knew she was too distracted for him, especially her scent. He leaned closer to her, put his arms around her and pulled her closer to his side. Jiyong wanted to feel her around. Jieun would look at him, then slightly moved close to him. He could hear her small sound of giggling and then, he would chuckle too. They looked like an adorable couple of kittens who would love to cuddle in a chilly weather.

 

“Woa… look at her. She’s so pretty. I like her hair color.” Jieun would make random comments during the film.

“Hm… I would prefer you with this color.” Jiyong touched her hair gently.

“Really?” Jieun turned her head toward him. “Black hair looks kinda traditional, don’t you think?”

“Aigoo this Jieun…” Jiyong grinned for her innocence. “Do you think people dying their hair from blond to black to be traditional?”

“Well… you make sense.” Jieun hissed off. She was embarrassed.

Jiyong would laugh at how adorable she was right now. He picked her cheeks and hugged her tight more than ever. She was here, right next to him. He realized that she had always been here, been next to him. And right now he had her, and he was happy. He never knew he needed her this much. Somehow, the thought of finding someone like her who was not her made him feel guilty more than ever. Now that he got her, he knew he would not need anything more. Jieun was enough for him.

 

“To be honest…” Jieun did not look at him. Her direction was still on the screen. “I like you the most when your hair is black oppa. Like right now.”

 

And they would grin.

Love grew. Pains faded. The world was still spinning, and their hearts were still beating in the same rhythm.

 

 

 

Jiyong had a thing for secret. He never told his stories to many people, even if he did, he made sure that it spread within his control. He was being told to be a cheap-mouthed spreading news but actually, he did a great job in keeping secrets. He only shared with people whom he supposed they should at least hear the news. Well, Seunghyun beat the hell out of him that one time and he just knew that he needed to fix that eventually.

He wondered if he should tell his manager about this whole dating. Taehee was always the first one to know what his life was going on. Taehee always helped him with his messes, somehow. But, he needed to think if it was a wise decision or not. He just did not want to hear any more lectures.

 

“Jiyong ah… why can’t you just listen to me? Do we have to use YOUR car to bring her to YOUR place?”

“Jiyong ah… can you just not go to the party with her for this time?”

“Jiyong ah… I don’t think it’s a good idea for you and her…”

“Jiyong ah… why are you keep going without telling me?”

“Jiyong ah…”

 

He knew he screwed up himself when he did not care about the news. He knew he ruined not just himself but also that particular person who had been through a lot because of him. Somehow, he always felt so guilty. Somehow, it was one of the reason he should leave her, even though he did not want to in the first place. Sometimes, Jiyong felt like his life was a sin, because whoever wanted to be with him would end up being hurt and pushed away. And he could never help it. He did not have a choice; he did not even have the right to choose.

Sometimes, he would think should he just date someone who had the same level as him. Then, he could never define what was his level. He thought of dating a singer, an idol, or an actress? Would that be better than a model? Then he would ask what was wrong with being a model. He was frustrated with how the public treated him, but somehow he felt more apologetic. They were the one who supported him, loved him and cherished him from day One. It was, somehow, miserable for Jiyong. Sometimes, he would think of giving up, just sometimes.

 

Taehee: You’re going to the gallery tomorrow, right?

Jiyong: Yeah.

Jiyong: What’s up?

Taehee: It’s not today right?

Jiyong: No. I’m at home.

Taehee: Were you going anywhere earlier?

 

Jiyong choked. Did Taehee know about his leaving this morning?

 

Jiyong: Why are you asking?

Taehee: You were going somewhere right?

Taehee: May I ask where you were going?

Jiyong: What

Taehee: Well I happened to pass by your place and guess what

Taehee: Your car was missing in that regular spot

Taehee: I knew all of your schedule anyway

Jiyong: I was just visiting a friend

 

It took Jiyong longer to type that sentence. And Taehee would feel a hinch about this.

 

Taehee: Friend?

Taehee: What friend? Who?

Jiyong: You know

Jiyong: You’ve been invading too much in my personal life

Taehee: Jiyong ah, you know you cannot do this

Taehee: You should at least tell me the truth

Taehee: So I can help you

Jiyong: Aishhhhh

Jiyong: Ok so it was a girl so…

Taehee: Oh my god

Taehee: Again?

Taehee: Who?

Jiyong: I’m not sure if I can tell you or not

Taehee: You will have to tell me eventually

Taehee: Does she acknowledge that you are G-Dragon?

Jiyong: What the…

Jiyong: Of course yes Taehee

Jiyong: What are you saying?

Taehee: What I meant is

Taehee: Does she know that she’s going to face a lot of troubles because of you?

Taehee: Have you ever thought about that?

Taehee: You’re G-Dragon

Taehee: Wait.

Taehee: Is she just someone regular or like special person?

Taehee: Singer? Model again? Or perhaps actress?

Taehee: Hey

 

Jiyong put down his phone. Taehee was right. If Jieun was his girl now, and if they were dating, she might end up getting caught. And people would hurt her, just like the previous ones. But he could not bear watching her getting hurt like that. She could not be treated like that again anymore.

 

Now Jiyong knew his fear had come.

“Even if it could turn out to be a good thing, it might just end up becoming a bad thing.”