thirteen

This Kind of Relationship

Jieun was wearing a yellow big-size Tee and white short trousers with her hair half-tied like usual when they were having videocalls. Somehow, this image of her was more familiar to him than other public images she carried. Jiyong liked how natural she was right now, this particular time.

(Jiyong would start to imagine her in his T-shirt, which they often called ‘boyfriend T-shirt’.

“Snap it out!” Jiyong would think.)

 

Jieun was still standing there, looking at Jiyong. Jiyong was stunned.

“Come on in.” Jieun opened her door wisely.

 

This was not his first time going in a girl’s house. He was way too experienced for these things. Still, it was different this time. He was extremely awkward and extremely nervous. He slowly moved his body inside looking around and could not stop scratching his head in the back.

Her house was not that big, he would notice. Well, it made sense because she lived alone. Living in the big house alone could bring loneliness anyway. That was why he sometimes moved to live with his parents. Jiyong hated the feeling of loneliness.

 

“Welcome to Jieun’s homesweethome.” Jieun walked around the house. “Do you want to see my room?”

Jiyong widened his eyes and choked. What was he thinking? No one ever knew.

 

“Ok.” He tried to remain calm.

Jieun quickly went to his back and pushed him forward her room. It was beautifully designed. She stamped tiny cartoon stickers all over her room with some colorful words which she draw and colored. He looked at her bed and realized that was the place he always saw while talking to Jieun at night. He then started to imagine her position of lying on the bed and finally realized that it was dirty of him. Though, looking into her room in reality was way too different from what he saw through the videocalls.

He was taking a tour around her room while Jieun headed back outside.

“Oppa look at my room. I’m going to prepare for food.”

“You cook?” Jiyong was surprised. He remembered her effortless of cooking whenever they talked about food.

“I do oppa!” Jieun’s voice was loud from further away.

Jiyong grinned. He could imagine her annoying face while hearing her voice.

 

Jiyong walked around her room then actually stopped at some of the notes she wrote on the wall.

“She actually wrote this?” Jiyong would look carefully.

Jieun loved to write. She used to write diary everyday, but not anymore. Her busy career tended to take away her habits; though, she would still write whenever she had time. She found it so relaxing when she could write whatever was on her mind.

She also loved to write random quotes around her walls and stuffs. She wanted to remind herself every single corners she had passed by.

 

‘You of yesterday will never know you of tomorrow would be thankful to you that much.”

 

Jiyong chuckled. Her tiny handwritings made his heart flutter, somehow. He took his phone out and snapped a picture. He loved to capture the moment. He loved to capture everything that gave him feels. He loved to capture every detail that he would never want to forget. He wanted to remember this moment.

 

After a while, Jiyong rested himself on the sofa. He asked if she needed help but Jieun kept saying she was doing fine and he should not give her any burden more. Jiyong was annoyed but in the same time he found her so cute so he just let it go. He was not interested in cooking anyway.

 

Four minutes and thirty-two seconds later, Jiyong heard some noisy things in the kitchen. Following the noise was a tiny scream of Jieun would make Jiyong stand up immediately.

 

“Lee Jieun? Are you ok? What’s going on?” Jiyong dashed into the kitchen.

“I screwed it up.” Jieun looked like she was about to cry. “Aishhh. Why am I so an idiot?”

 

Jieun just burned the whole proportion of beef that was supposed to be in the kimchi soup. That was the easiest dish anyway. Jieun was never good at cooking. But, the fact that she wanted to cook something for Jiyong always motivated her to try. She decided to have a date at home so she could eventually cook something for him. But now, she just screwed it up.

 

“What should I do oppa? I’m sorry…” Jieun put her hands on the face, feeling so embarrassed.

Jiyong cracked up, loudly more than ever. Jieun glared at him. How could he stand there laughing at her while she was trying her best to cook a dish for him?

“Aigooo my Jieun.” He took her hand off, patted her head and picked her nose. “You’re ok. I know you cannot cook. You don’t have to try so hard.”

 

Jieun fluttered at how he touched her head. They were standing too close right now. She was looking straight at his face.

Jiyong came closer to her face. Still, his head was way too high. Jiyong was not really tall, but Jieun was not that tall either. She was still looking at him, did not notice that his face was right before hers.

Jiyong was still smiling. He looked through her eyes. Jieun’s eyes were so crystalline that he could not help but looking at it. The more he was looking, the more it drew him into it. Then, Jiyong turned his vision down to her tiny nose. Her nose was not that tall either, but he loved how her nose could tone in her face perfectly. Then, he gazed at her lips. Her lips was so small and red and attractive and he really, somehow, really wanted to know if it tasted like strawberry or any other flavors. He was curious as hell.

Jieun was still stunned in her feet. She could not move either her body or her eyes. She wondered if it was happening. She started to close her eyes.

 

“Let’s call food delivery.” Jiyong’s voice broke out before Jieun realized she was the only one standing in the kitchen.

Jieun, somehow, was disappointed. Then, she would ask herself what was wrong with her because this was not like her at all. She was the one who played hard to get.

“Oh…” Jieun pulled a face and eventually went to clean the kitchen. “Oppa call.”

 

Jiyong held his breath. He almost did that, tasting it. He had to resist it. He knew he could not do this, not right now. He was afraid she could hate him for doing that. He knew it was too early, though he wanted it so bad. He calmed himself by thinking about something else. Too bad, it was totally ineffective. Her lips had haunted him with how glossy and luscious it was.

 

“Oppa. Did you call?” Jieun walked out.

 

Jiyong knew he should do something to stop him from going close to her again. Before he could figure out what to do, Jiyong was standing in front of Jieun. He could not help it anymore. She was seducing him. And he was totally seduced by her.

 

Jieun still opened her eyes. She was surprised. She finally knew what it tasted like when she kissed the right person. His lips blended into hers; his move fluttered her heart and his kiss harmonized her soul. Still, Jieun nervously put her hand behide his back holding his T-shirt. Just then, Jiyong wrapped her waist pulling her closer and kissed her harder. He wanted to taste her more. He finally knew what it was like to taste her lips. He was learning how soft, tasty and sugary her lips were; and he finally realized that this was what he had been longing for, the moment when two soul were blending into each other. His heart and his soul were connecting to hers. He knew he gave in all for her.

 

She did not taste like strawberry. Well, she tasted like something else, something he had never tasted before. But, it got Jiyong so addicted.