one

This Kind of Relationship

“What to wear tomorrow?” Jieun would spend hours just to decide on what to wear when it came to a big performance.

“Hm?”

“I was just wondering what to wear in your concert tomorrow.” She looked at her phone. They were having a video call.

“Hmmmmm how about something that is significantly different from your other performances?” Jiyong would always know how to come up with surprising ideas.

“Yaaa! Are you saying that my previous style on stage is not that good?” She pouted while making an annoying face. She knew he would be entertained with that.

“Ayyyyy you girls always made assumption without even thinking what was the meaning of it.” He would giggle at how cute she was whenever she made that expression. “I think a dress is suitable, since you always performed with jeans.”

She looked at him. Should she believe in him? He was the best when it came to fashion anyway. Would the audience like her style? She wanted to look the best, especially in his first day of concert and especially in their first stage of collaboration. They eventually had the chance to perform ‘Palette’ together. Thinking of it, she would form a smile without even realizing.

“Why are you smiling? Are you thinking of something else?” He would always be curious of what she was thinking. He could never read her mind. She was the only one.

“Ehehehehe. Nothing. Ok let me try what you suggest.” She went back to her world of “searching for some pieces of clothes” while he was still whining about her previous action.

 

They had been around with this special relationship for such a while, even before ‘Palette’ while many people thought they started this relationship because of that song. They had been talking to each other more than often before recently, as she broke up with her previous boyfriend last year. They had been from being collegues to some kind of good friends since their last performance at Infinity challenge. It could be a surprise to anyone who had known her greatest crush on his best friend; the both of them were even surprised by this whole thing happening. They got along pretty well; they were not only talking about music but also about their thoughts of human, of lives and of themselves.

Jiyong would feel lucky enough to have a special partner like Jieun since he had been heartbroken for a while. Sometimes, Jiyong would ask himself if Jieun had been a very helpful one that somehow slowly healed his own pain. Sometimes, he would also ask himself if he would ever fall for this girl. Jieun was a very nice girl with kindness and many charms. She would be the first one that would make him feel different from other girls. He had met so many types of girls, indeed. Those girls would want something else from him. But, Jieun was so different. With her, he would be at the most ease in his sense. Sometimes, he would look at Jieun and wonder if she would have any feelings for him.

 

“Are you done finding your clothes? You’re taking forever.” Jiyong kept whining because he knew that could make her annoying. He loved her expression of being annoyed.

“Just a minute for god’s sake Jiyong. You’re so annoying.” That was indeed Jieun.

“You never arrange your clothes right? That’s why you will never find your clothes. I wonder how are you going to do with that when you get married.” Jiyong decided to go further. He would always want to tease Jieun until she got really mad. Jiyong found her so lovely when she got mad.

“Yaaaaa. I’m going to find him myself, ok?” Jieun started to shout noisily in her corner. She was struggling with her closet.

“Are you sure? There’s no one who can stand this messy bunny.” He loved to call her bunny. He always called her bunny and she was ok with it. She liked bunny anyway.

“How can you know? If then, I can just live by myself. I’ll be fine.” She still shouted which he found her voice so adorable. He would giggle himself everytime she shouted something.

“If there’s nobody, this oppa can take care of you. You know this oppa is a very clean person.” He would never know why he said that. It came out without him realizing.

Silence.

She appeared at the screen and looked him in the eyes. Her eyes were wide opened and she started to laugh hard. Her laughter was surprisingly humorous, again. Although he had heard many laughters from her; but still, it always made him laugh, after all.

“Why are you lauging? Stop it. You make me laugh by your terrible laughter.” He would ask between their laughters.

“You know you cannot take away your words Jiyong oppa. If there is no one, you have to take care of me, ok? I’m going to write this in my diary and highlight it as an important day so I won’t forget.” Jieun started to make a joke.

“Ok ok sure sure. I will. This little kid.” He felt a happy light in his heart.

He thought to himself “Me taking care of her? That’s interesting.”

“Would you please, princess, show me your sophisticatedly beautiful dress?” He tried to sound like a prince who invited a princess to the dance.

“Yea, your highness. I’m getting changed right now.” As she said, he would see a very stunning girl walking around in her dress of her favourite color.

“Is that a blue dress?” He .

“It’s purple mister. Check your eyes please.” She would express her annoying again.

“Oh princess you look so classy. Fashionista Lee Jieun. Nice to meet you.”

Then, Jieun would giggle walking around in her own world of fashion.

 

Although he said that with teases, he was kinda taken back when he had the time to take a careful look of her. She was, indeed, beautiful. She had grown so well that he barely remembered how she used to look in the past. Was she this beautiful in her early days? He could not remember anything. Did he pay less attention to her? All he could remember about her was her crazy fangirling for Youngbae, which he found quite childish. But right now, in front of him stood a wholely different girl. How did she manage to appear in front of him with this major change? He did not realized that in their first day of starting the friendship.

Did he want to have something else more than a friendship? Little did he know that he would also look for something else from this friendship. He would never know that she was doubting herself for that too. Jieun was, indeed, doubting herself in this special relationship. But she did not want to lose this friendship, she would want to keep it this way rather than losing it because of her selfishness. Jieun was happy with this, even just this simple friendship could heal how much pain she had received. She did not want to lose him. To Jieun, being in this kind of relationship with Jiyong was enough.