bonus

This Kind of Relationship

“The third one is…” Jaesuk tried to entertain everyone by making a drum sound in his voice. “Having an affair. Congratulations to GD and Myungsoo.”

Everyone would clap. Jiyong stared. He did not expect that at all. Did he have to perform the song in the festival too? Though, he clapped his hand with the flow. He had so many things to do, tours, writing songs, and now this. He felt exhausted more than excited somehow.

“We need a girl to sing that song too.” Myungsoo excitedly looked around until he found one. “IU. Can you do it?”

Jiyong stopped his motion. Myungsoo was right, they needed a girl for that song. And the only girl in this room would be Jieun anyway. He did not mind at all. He knew this girl would do everything well. He trusted her afterall.

“Yea. I can.” Jieun softly responded. She sounded unconfident though.

Jiyong stared at the gap between him and her, then to her feet instead of her face. He did not want to make it obvious that he wanted to look at her. Eventually, he looked at her while she was still laughing at some random comments. She looked fine. And he thought they would be fine doing the song together.

 

As soon as the studio finished their filming, everyone stood up and bowed. Jieun would wait to bow all the seniors; she was always like that. Jieun then turned to her leftside and rightside to bow at everyone. Jieun was always a good child like that.

“IU ah. GD ah. Wait a minute.” Myungsoo quickly called out.

“Yea?” Jiyong and Jieun would say at the same time.

He looked at her. She curved her lips and awkwardly smiled. He was taken back. Jiyong grinned awkwardly. He looked at Youngbae, made signal with his friend that he would stay here for some time.

“We need to rehearse for the song too.” Myungsoo pointed fingers at the two. “When will you guys be free?”

Jiyong turned to Jieun, waiting for her response. Though, she did not speak at all.

“IU-sshi?” He would ask.

“Oh… I’m not really busy these days. It looks like GD-sunbaenim is busier. We can follow your schedule.”

“Oh…” Jiyong was surprised. She was a fan of BIGBANG anyway. “Then, next weekend is fine. We should make a group chat.”

 

That was how he got her number.

 

 

GPARK: You guys!

GPARK: I’m busy right now so can you guys rehearse first together?

GPARK: I will be there in one hour.

GPARK: Sorry!!

 

When the text came, he sighed. She probably did not see the text yet. She was just sitting there, in his studio, completely quiet. He felt like she became an excellent class-president who tried not to disturb the teacher, which he supposed it was him, doing his jobs.

He was thinking if he should tell her or not. He just did not want to say anything about this. He felt like cursing.

“IU-sshi…” He finally spoke.

“Yea sunbaenim?” She was still staying in the same position.

“I think we have to go on… Myungsoo sunbaenim said he was busy and he would be here in an hour.” Jiyong said slowly trying to watch her reactions. He was curious how she would react.

She was taken back, of course. She now looked like a child who had accidentally lost her mom while going out in a park.

“Oh… Really?” Jieun awkwardly grinned. “Oh… What should we do? Should we wait?”

 

Jiyong felt weird. She was so nice. She was so nice that he felt like he should not believe that she was that nice. This could be a trap. Jiyong felt like that.

 

“It’s ok. We can go on. We can start to look at the song.” Jiyong pushed himself focusing on the work instead of her. She was too distracted for him. He had no idea why.

“Yea sunbaenim.”

“Have you ever listened to the song?”

“Yea sunbaenim. I do. I’m a BIGBANG’s fan. I listened to all of your songs.” Jieun was being honest.

“Wow. I am so touched.” Jiyong chuckled. In a minute, he would forget his mind and feel glad. Then, he turned to his own self teasing her and eventually felt regretted. “Too bad I’m not your bias one huh?”

He looked at her, trying to find her eyes. He felt apologetic. His jokes was going far though.

But, she grinned. From the way he saw her smile, she did not look like she was faking it. He felt relieved somehow.

“I don’t mind sunbaenim.” Jieun softly said.

 

Her voice made him, somehow, mad. Why were she always this nice? He never had a thing for nice girl. He never found them interested at all. That was why he stopped playing his game with this girl. It would be no interested. And, he felt sorry; he felt guilty playing game with this kind of girl.

 

“Let’s practice without Myungsoo sunbaenim first, ok?” He went straight to play the music without waiting for her response. He was always like that, arrogant Kwon Jiyong.

But, she would sing it so smoothly. Her voice sounded the same like those songs with her name on them. He knew because he listened to some of her famous songs though. He, of course, listened to others’ songs a lot. He needed inspirations too. She, too, was a great singer and lyricist. He admitted that.

Jieun finished the song and looked at him. She was waiting for his reactions.

“Good. You must listen to this song a lot, huh?” He tried not to sound so interested.

“Yea.. sunbaenim. I don’t know if I could do well like Bom-sshi did.” Jieun still smiled with her smiley eyes.

He felt uncomfortable. It was his first time being alone with a female that he was not even close.

“Everyone has their own style. IU-sshi and Bom both did well.”

“Thank you GD sunbaenim.”

 

“You can call me Jiyong if you want.”

Jiyong did not know why he did this. But somehow he just wanted to know how her voice calling his name sounded like.

Jieun widened her eyes.

“Oh… then Jiyong sunbaenim?”

“No.” He stared at the space next to her. “Jiyong oppa.”

He was, somehow, embarrassed. He never knew why he did that, but he just wanted to. He felt weird.

“Yea… Jiyong oppa.” She said it with her soft voice.

He finally knew how her voice calling his name sounded like. It felt good. He just liked it.

 

“So you can call me Jieun too. That’s fair enough.” She grinned.

“Ok. Jieun.” Jiyong unconsciously smiled.

“Ok. Jiyong oppa.” She would smile along.

 

It was the start.

 

 

 


Here is a bonus for you guys. I'll be working on the next chapters so don't worry about that. I'm so glad you guys support my work. I'm shipping these cutie pies so hard anyway. I know it's like 0.0000001% for all these things to happen but I still want it to happen anyway.

Once again, thank you everyone for supporting me as well as supporting IU and GD. Love you guys XOXO