twelve

This Kind of Relationship

Jiyong felt great. He had been thinking a lot about the consequence. Even if it could turn out to be a good thing, it might just end up becoming a bad thing. That was what he had been afraid of. Despite that, Jiyong still felt great because now he knew, he was some kind of importance to Jieun. He knew that they could at least be something else, more than it was. For whatever reasons, he just felt how amazing it could be. Now he knew he needed her, not someone like her. There was no one like her, Lee Jieun.

 

“Jieun ah…” He looked for her eyes.

 

He hoped it was not a dream because he had been replaying the voice of her speaking those words inside his mind for countless times. He begged it was not a dream because he could not undo his mind. He could never remove those words from his mind.

Though, Jieun did not answer. He was afraid.

 

“Say something…” Jiyong would speak in a weak voice.

 

Jieun turned her face toward the screen. Again, they were in that same positions everynight, Jieun lying on her bed looked at Jiyong lying on his bed, through the little devices. She just missed how all these things had happened; she just missed how they always did things that became their habits; and she just missed how he always called her name so genuinely. She missed everything about him. She just missed her own happy times when she could see Jiyong, even just through the phone. But now, Jieun felt like she was being more greedy.

 

“Jiyong oppa…” Jieun finally said something and Jiyong was glad.

“Hm?” It was the familiar tone from him.

“When will you go to Macau?” Jieun shook in her words.

“Oh… Friday. I have 2 days in Macau. Saturday and Sunday.”

“Oh…”

 

Jieun found it hard to say. She… wanted to meet him, actually, be around him. Was she too greedy? She was being selfish again. Jieun was like that. When she fell, she fell hard.

 

“Jieun?” Jiyong felt like she wanted to say something. “Do you want to say something?”

“Oh…” Jieun kept making the sound with and Jiyong’s heart was beating fast. “Oppa… are you… free tomorrow?”

Jiyong was taken back, but he found his heart jumping fast. He had no idea if his face would actually express his feelings. But damn, he was so excited even though he was not even sure if that sentence made any sense to what was on his mind.

“Is it tomorrow Wednesday? I think I am.” Jiyong knew he should initiate the conversation with this flow. But he was being a badass again, waiting for the girl to say things.

“Oh…” Jieun was struggling with her words. She was too nervous. She never did this. She was the one who played hard to get.

“Hm? So?” Jiyong found her even more adorable for that particular time. He tried to hold on his laughters.

“Oh… I’m thinking of… Oh…. If you want to… We… You know… Oh…” She could not think of anything. She almost gave up.

Jiyong had laughed so bad in his mind, but he remained calm outside. He knew she needed help.

“A date?” Jiyong felt butterflies in his stomach.

Jieun widened her eyes. Her face turned red. Since when was her last date that she could not remember her feelings when it came to the day before that? Now she felt super weird and in that same time super excited. She was asking herself if she could ever call it a date. It sounded so… unreal to her.

“No… Oh… like we can hang out.. if you don’t mind. Before your tour. Seem like oppa will be busy soon.” Jieun spoke fast. She was too nervous.

“Is it just simply a date?” Jiyong just wanted to .

“Oh… kinda like that.” Jieun could not look at Jiyong. Her heart was beating out of control, just by thinking of what kind of date it was.

 

Jiyong finally laughed out loud. He was holding it for too long. He cracked up and Jieun could not even understand what he was up to.

“Why are you laughing?”

“You’re too cute Jieun.” Jiyong looked at her still grinning.

 

Jieun would grin along. They were, once again, happy.

 

 

 

Jieun was a home-person. She never really went outside pretty much, especially now she was even more active at home due to her stressful career. She had so much attention from the people surrounding. She was half lying if she said she never cared about people around her. Jieun did care in her mind, wonder if she had done her best to satisfy people. Still, she knew she needed to be herself. She was tired of pretending to be someone that was not her. She just simply wanted to be herself, feel how she felt, do what she wanted, and be with who she loved.

 

They decided to just have a simple date at Jieun’s home. Jiyong was familiar with Jieun’s place but not Jieun’s house. He had never really been inside, but he did see a lot of things in her house, of course through their phone calls. He was glad that she lived alone instead of living with her parents, just like he usually did. He could not bring himself to say anything to her parents while looking not like an ideal boyfriend at all. Wait, did he just mention boyfriend? Was he her boyfriend already? Could he ever consider that fact? Too late, he was already imagining things he was not supposed to think of.

 

Jiyong arrived at the parking garage, trying to look around. It was only 10 in the morning and he was early. They hung up at 2 in the morning though. But he did not really feel tired. Instead, he was excited as hell.

 

Jiyong: Jieun ah did you wake up?

Jiyong: I’m here.

Jieun: I did.

Jieun: Come oppa

 

Jiyong was nervous. Was she just trying to seduce him? Jiyong felt like he was falling in a trap again, but he did not give a damn anymore.

 

Jiyong waited after ringing the bell. He started to count and she opened the door at the fifth one.

 

“Hello oppa.” Her head popped out.

Jieun was smiling and Jiyong felt like it was the most deadly and beautiful smile he had ever caught.

He knew he was trapped.