twentytwo

This Kind of Relationship

Jiyong rested himself in the hotel after landing in Los Angeles. Jieun probably fell asleep already; though she told him to call her when he got there and it was only one hour and a half, he just decided to text her so she did not have to wake up. Jieun always stayed up so late these days, even more when she chose to put up with his schedule so they could have time talking to each other. That would make him worried somehow for her health, even it was so ridiculous of him because he never really cared about himself.

The first thing he would do after leaning back on the sofa was to check his social media. Not everyone knew that Jiyong loved to read comments from his fans, people thought he wouldn’t but he actually did all the time. Also, he did enjoy posting photos and pictures, any kinds. He was kind of depending on social medias. He found that quite a thing to release his feelings toward something. Sometimes his feelings became too intense and provocative that people could eventually judge and worsely, it just naturally became problematic. And he ended up picking up hatred comments and boos from people that did not even know him in person. He would never give a damn about that, but he could not just give away his reputation either.

So, the only thing he could do was to separate his personal life and his public life. He did create another Instagram account ‘for private only’, that was what he wrote in the description. Deep down inside him, Jiyong really hoped the public would understand and leave him alone with his private life. Well, some of his fans did so he was glad somehow, but s happened. That account was hacked not just one but more than enough for people to know some of the things that he never wanted to publicize. It was not that he was being such a big of liar, it was just to protect his people. Sometimes, when these annoying things happened, he just wanted to give the freak out of all the things he had up and move on a new life. But yeah, it was always not that easy just to do what you want, especially people like him. So in the end, he would just either give up on the udge of holding onto people leaving him because they were hurt by his fans or staying with regrets.

For Jieun, he became extremely careful in his acts because he never really wanted to lose her and to hurt her. Out of his feelings, he would sometimes post pictures but then again, he felt like he would reveal something by posting those photos. Jiyong ended up deleting pictures and reediting his captions just because he had to protect her. He hoped that the hackers would stop lurking around his account and leave him alone with his life, but he would still not post many obvious photos just in case.

 

 

“Hey hyung.”

Jiyong would think, “Thanks god finally this moron had picked up my call.”

“You forgot this hyung already, didn’t you?” Jiyong made a jokingly-angry voice.

“Aniya hyung. I’m busy with stuff, you know that.”

Seungri would try to calm him down, being afraid that his brother might not talk to him anymore. Jiyong was always being a hot-head around Seungri.

“How are you doing, hyung?” Seungri changed his tone of voice to lift up the mood. “How’s your world tour hyung?”

“So you care now?” Jiyong was easy-handling anyway. “It was good, though it was tiring too.”

“I know I know. But doing tour is always like that, right hyung? Just remember to take care of yourself. Don’t just faint like last time hyung. I’m worried for your too-much-enthusiasm-to-rememeber-to-eat.” Seungri was being such a considerate little brother that somehow warmed up Jiyong.

“I’m so touched because our maknae is worrying for hyung.” Jiyong loved to tease Seungri. “I know, brat. Are you doing well?”

 

Though Jiyong always tried to bully Seungri and yeah, he used to develop a deep hatred on this little rascal but now he was thankful that Seungri was one of his best buddies in his life. He could never really imagine how different his life without Seungri would be from this reality. Besides Youngbae, Seungri must be the next one whom he thought he should at least tell what was going on in his life lately.

 

“Hyung, so today you’re gonna perform in Los Angeles?” Seungri was still loud in his entertaining voice. “Oh wait, Youngbae hyung is going to Los Angeles too right? What date again?”

“For what? I’m not going to meet Youngbae anyway. I’m in another city at that time.” Jiyong adjusted the volume for not annoying his ear.

“Woa, our hyung is so busy. I wonder how can you date someone with this attitude of working. You’re so into your careers hyung.” Seungri once again said it with a mocking voice that would half-amuse and half-annoy Jiyong.

“What if I can?” Jiyong smirked at the fact his little brother had no idea what was going on.

“Huh? What do you mean? Are you dating hyung?” Before that, Jiyong knew Seungri would make a loud sound through the phone. “Hyung???? Who????”

“Hey hey hey. Calm down, you brat. You almost break my ear, and you will become unemployed because no more songs are written.” Though sounding annoyed, Jiyong actually felt more relaxed.

“Ok hyung. Are you dating for real? Who is it this time? Wait… is it… her again?” Seungri was referring to someone that Jiyong thought he might know who she was, but once again Jiyong was not sure if Seungri referred to that girl or another girl or even somebody else.

“Her again? Who? Can you just be specific?”

“Your relationships are complicated hyung.” Seungri sighed heavily. “So you’re back with Ki…”

“No no no Seungri. Why did you even think of that name?” Jiyong still felt an ache when he heard that name though.

“Ohhhhh, so is it Ko…”

“NO SEUNGRI. Ok. Those two are over in my life Seungri. How many times do I need to tell you?”

Jiyong put down his phone, leaning back to the sofa. Those names still somehow obsessed him and he would also feel guilty that those names would always stick with his name.

“Ok ok hyung. So this time a new face?” Seungri lowered his voice, he must be thinking of someone else.

“Yeah. And Seungri ah, you can never guess this one.” Jiyong turned this into a guessing game and who ever knew what kind of name could Seungri come up.

“What? I know everyone hyung. Wait, does it mean she’s not Korean nor Japanese? Are you dating American this time?” Seungri was just being Seungri, making Jiyong cracking up with one of his ridiculous jokes. “Are you going to date globally?”

“No, you brat.” Jiyong could not say an entire line while laughing hard at Seungri’s comment. “Are you crazy? No. This time, it’s nearer than you think.”

“Ok hyung. So you are saying you’re dating Korean? Really?”

“Yeah. She’s not related to you anyway.” Suddenly, Jiyong remembered something. “Oh wait. Actually she is. You know her, and you guys do have things that are related.”

“Huhhhhhhhh?” It was the shortest line that Jiyong had ever heard from Seungri.

“You had no idea right?” Jiyong felt so entertained. “One more hint for you, she’s also related to Youngbae.”

“Wait. Wait. Waitttttttt.” Seungri was proceeding his mind. “Dara noona? No. Wait. Yes. Dara noona?”

“What? No Seungri what the heck?” Jiyong bursted into laughters. “Dara has nothing to do with you and Youngbae.”

“What hyung? We’re related. I’m close with her and she’s close with Youngbae too. And she’s close with you too.”

“I’m so speechless with you.” Jiyong still could not hold himself together. “It’s not Dara noona, you brat. She’s just a close friend of me.”

“Glad to hear that. If you guys do, everyone will become awkward. I can’t imagine that.” Seungri made a comment before asking. “So who is it? Can’t you just tell me?”

“Ok. I know you cannot think of this person. But I will give you a final hint, if you cannot guess this time, you’re more than the definition of stupidity.”

“Ok. Game on.”

“She did a collaboration with you before.” Jiyong was sure that Seungri would get this time, or else Seungri would really become the new definition of foolishness.

Seungri’s brain was proceeding, or was still continuing to look for something else because it could not accept the fact it had found the real answer. Seungri knew who it was, but he was more than shocked to accept it.

“Hyung.” Seungri calmly spoke.

“Hm?”

“Are you being serious?” His voice changed and it made Jiyong chuckle.

“What? Did you find the answer?”

“Is it true?” Seungri was being weird for answering his question with another question.

“What is true?”

“You. And. Her.” Seungri spoke in gasps.

“Who?” Jiyong still put a smirk on his face, waiting for the real reaction from his little maknae.

“YOU’RE DATING IU? HOW ON EARTH IS THIS HAPPENING? HYUNG HOW?” Seungri finally exploded and that made Jiyong burst into laughters again.

 

“Why are you laughing hyung?”

“You’re too funny.” Jiyong was still laughing when Seungri was dumbfound.

“Ok. So you guys really are dating? HOW?” Seungri’s voice began to increase.

“Well.. it just happened.”

“Wait. Waitttttt. You featured on her new album right? And wait, waitttttt. Did she guest on your concert in Seoul? Wait hyung, so are you saying that you guys have been dating for a while? WHEN? HYUNG? SERIOUSLY?”

“No, brat.” Jiyong was so entertained with Seungri’s reaction. “We were close before anything happened. We just made it official not too long ago. To be exact, after my concert in Seoul.”

“Wow wow wow, G-Dragon ssi.” Seungri started to annoy again.

“What?”

“I never know you like this kind of girl, mister G-D.”

“What? Why could not I?”

“Hyung. Look at your previous girlfriends. Is there anyone who has the same personality as IU?”

Jiyong would think. He could not answer though, because he never really compared her to any previous one.

“See? You cannot answer. IU is different.”

“Ok. If you say so.” Jiyong would just accept what Seungri said.

“But hyung…” Seungri’s voice was still confused. “How?”

“What do you mean?”

“How do you like her hyung?”

 

That was hard to answer. No, actually Jiyong felt like he had too many things to answer that question. Was it her personality? Her management of appearing so beautifully everytime he saw her that he had not noticed before? Her smile when he told a joke? Her annoyed expressions when he tried to ? Her voice when she sang any songs that he wanted to hear? Her giggling when talking to him? Her tiny figure when he hold her in his arms? Her seductive lips everytime she spoke something that he just wanted to taste more of? Her lovely scent from her hair when he hugged her from the back? Her efforts of doing anything for him despite she was not that good? Her ‘Kwon Jiyong’ and her ‘oppa’ things that he was getting used to it these days? There were too many things that he had to manage to answer. He could not know where to start, because it seemed like she was everywhere.

 

“I don’t know, kid. I just like her. I love everything about her.”

“Huh?”

“She makes me feel like… I’m loved with everything she has.”