bonus

This Kind of Relationship

“Jieunie?” Jiyong made a random call while playing his favourite game on the Xbox.

“Huh?” Jieun was playing with colors on her coloring book. She needs some relaxation during the album-making process.

“Have you done making ‘Palette’?” Once he started to think of that, his focus on the game would fail. “Oh sh*t! Game over!” Jiyong wailed. “Oh sorry Jieun. You were saying?”

“I did not even answer, this oppa.” She pulled up a face. “I wonder if your fans would ever see this side of you.”

“What side?”

“Childish, wicked and…” Jieun chuckled.

She would stop to think of another appropriate word, which she found him quite attractive but she knew she could not use that word.

“Extraordinary.” That was hard for her to even finish that line.

 

Jiyong would look at her. He felt like she was holding back something, which he had no idea what that was and eventually he would forget about that. Jiyong was good at sensing something, he just could not realize it yet.

 

“Thank you, kid.” He smiled unconsciously. “Now tell me, how is your ‘Palette’?”

“Well, I’m still on the process of recording all the songs. I almost finished all the lyrics. No actually I finished all, but I need to revise some of them again.” Jieun rubbed her hair thinking about that and felt stressed out again. “I still have a lot of things to do, gosh.”

“That’s what you always feel while releasing an album, believe this oppa. I know your feeling, kid.” Jiyong felt somehow sorry for this little girl to experience these things, but at the same time he was sure that she would be doing fine. “Well, actually I mean your title track ‘Palette’. Are you done with the instrumental and everything else?”

“Oh, the title.” She looked like she was remembering something. “Jonghoon did arrange the song again and he said he would send me the final version tonight or else tomorrow morning. I was waiting for him though.”

“So…” Jiyong hesitantly voiced out. “Are you still considering the rap that I have suggested?”

“Yes oppa, of course. I told Jonghoon that idea and he surprisingly approved.” Jieun excitedly grinned. “I guess you guys talented people have the same sense of music.”

“So you should know that you are lucky enough Jieunie.” Jiyong was being arrogant again.

“It’s my honor, Jiyong-nim.” She spoke with her best try in a low voice.

“By the way…” Jiyong, again was hesitant. “Do you think of anyone that will feature in your song?”

“Oh… I haven’t really thought about that. I want to listen to the song first then… I might come up with someone.” Jieun was distracted somehow, she was still thinking about her album.

 

Jiyong felt like he was looking for something, something that he was not aware of himself. Did he want to be that person, the one who featured in her song? He felt like he was asking that question to himself, but he was sure that his answer would definitely be ‘no’ because he never was the person who was that desperate to collaborate with whoever it was. But wait, was it his idea to suggest her the rap? He should be the one doing it, shouldn’t he?

“She should ask me, shouldn’t she?” Jiyong would think.

“No, hell no.” Jiyong would also talk to himself. “She could choose whoever she wants.”

But that part of self-talking was somehow, triggering his mind.

 

 

“Jiyong, have you eaten?”

“No, why?”

“You look skinnier than before actually. And… why didn’t you shave?” Jiyong was stunned.

“Why? Do I look ugly?”

“No! It’s not that.” Jieun almost yelled. “You look… sad.”

Jiyong wailed in laughters. He found that line so funny and at the same time… sarcastic.

“Why are you laughing?” Jieun was confused.

“Beard and sorrow are not related actually, Jieun ah.”

“Well, I don’t know. I just don’t feel like you should have beard on your face.”

“Why?”

“Are you trying to be dark?”

“Hm?”

“It feels like you’re not the bright Jiyong but you seem timid. You are supposed to be Kwon Jiyong, shiny shiny Kwon Jiyong. Beard makes you dark, oppa. I don’t like it.”

 

Jiyong felt his mind slowing down. What did this girl say that had made his heart feel so at ease? He felt like she could look through every corner in his mind. He was, indeed, kinda reluctant in everything these days. He was lazy to take care of himself; everyday when he looked at his reflection in the mirror, he was looking at a stranger; he felt like his reflection did not really exist and he would eventually stop wanting to look at the mirror.

 

“Ok ok. I will shave afterward, don’t worry too much. Grandma Lee Jieun.”

And she smiled. He never knew why she smiled. But in the first time of his life, he felt like he was actually listening to someone’s advice.

 

 

“Oh. He sent me just now.” Jieun squealed.

“Hm? The final version?”

“Ohhhh. Do you want to listen?”

“Umhum.”

 

She put on the track. As they were listening, Jiyong would sometimes look at Jieun. He saw how this girl would feel the music and her eyes sometimes would look up as she was thinking of something. He would observe her more often than actually enjoying the music. But after all, Jonghoon had did a very great job on arranging the song. The melody was catchy but not too commercial, and he could tell that Jieun loved it pretty much.

“Ote ote? (What do you think?)” Jieun nervously looked at Jiyong.

“That’s a good arrangement.” Jiyong was always like that, too honest and never over-complimenting. “What do you think? I can tell from your face that you like it huh?”

Jieun widened her eyes, bit her lower lip to restrain from a big smile and nodded constantly. Jiyong would find that adorable, and he would chuckle at how she was still excited about the song when it was already over.

 

“Kwon Jiyong.” Jieun suddenly spoke up.

“Hm?”

“Would you mind featuring in this track with me?”

Jiyong gasped. He, somehow, was relieved as well as his mind was loosened up. He was amazed how this girl always blew his mind in a way he had never been imagining. She was so unexpected, for always, that made Jiyong want to know more about her influence onto him. She could properly influence him by some ways, he would think. He wanted to test himself if he could even be moved by this girl. She was kind of… peculiar, but that would somehow attracted Jiyong in a way he never realized he was.

“Jiyong?” Her voice called out his name which brought him back to the fact he hadn’t reacted to her request.

“Oh sorry. I was surprised. I never thought you would actually ask me.” Liar.

“Because I don’t think no one will ever comprehend what my song is about more than you. And…” She would hesitate in her words. “I don’t really know any rapper that’s close enough to ask.”

Jiyong always over-assumed things in his mind without awareness somehow; right after hearing that line, he would assume that he was the closest friend (rapper friend?) of her, which made he somehow, just somehow, glad.

“Hm let me think.” He acted coy.

The fact that he was the one who got the vibe of the song the most could make Jiyong felt so proud that he was acknowledged by Jieun, a recognized singer. He already knew what she wanted to express because he had been through so many sh*ts and he was still here. He survived through many ed-up things and he was still standing here. He knew life too much that he would feel every little thing she sketched in her ‘Palette’. He also liked the title how it described her concept and her feeling. Sometimes, he was astonished at how this young girl had a very contradictory mind to her age and her innocent face; and just sometimes, he felt like he was looking at himself in another figure.

Jieun was still waiting. She knew he was the only who fit the song the most because his voice was unique. Somehow she hoped that he would agree because he was also someone who she could relate herself to and someone that could puzzle out (she really hoped he did) her pieces of mind.

“Ok then.” Jiyong finally responded that would make Jieun feel so happy.

“Really?????” Jieun was yelling. “Thank you Jiyong-nim.”

Jiyong would grin, just by looking at how happy she was.

 

 

When he sent her the demo of the rap, she was literally screaming while working on the album in the studio with Jonghoon. Jonghoon would look at her with the weirdest look and Jieun was still not calming herself down.

“Please Jieun. Keep your voice down. My ear hurts so much.” Jonghoon sighed. “Are you that excited?”

“Yes. He did so well oh my god. I felt like he almost completed the song.” She was still hyped because her-BIGBANG-era-self seemed to extremely turn up.

“Oh my god.” Jonghoon was speechless.

 

Jiyong: Ote?

Jiyong: Is it alright?

Jiyong: Do you think I should change it?

Jieun: Woa Yeoksi Kwon Jiyong

Jieun: (thumbs up) (thumbs up) (thumbs up)

Jieun: Oppa you did so well

Jieun: Thank you Jiyong-nim ~

Jieun: I’m so happy

Jiyong: kkkkkkkk

Jiyong: Are you that happy?

Jiyong: I think I will edit some of my lyrics

Jiyong: It’s just a demo

Jiyong: I’ll finish all on the weekend

Jiyong: Is that alright?

Jieun: This one is really good oppa

Jieun: But it’s up to you oppa

Jieun: I trust you kkkk

Jieun: Mister G-Dragon-nim

Jiyong: Hm?

Jieun: Jongmal gomawoyo oppa. (I’m really thankful oppa.)

 

Jiyong grinned. His heart, somehow, started to slow down, by some means.

 

 

Everything is hard because we're young

Getting upset of hearing nags everytime

A shabby kid who always got scolded barely passes 20s

The happiness is only momentary?!

It hurts because we're young

 

Jieun ah, oppa is barely 30 now

It's not like I want to but I just somehow become an adult

Although I still have a long way to go

I'm only five years older than you

 

Above twenty, below thirty

In between, right there

When I'm not a kid nor an adult

When I'm just me

I shine the brightest

So even though when darkness comes, don't be scared

 

It's so beautiful when the flowers are blooming

A child who will always be loved, you

 


Hi guys,

I decide to make a throwback chapter as a bonus kekeke. I just can't believe that it's almost August and I still cannot move on from Palette Era and #MOTTEinSeoul stage hahahaha. Yesterday Jiyong commented "MY FAV" on Jieun's photo and my heart is already dead ㅠㅠ I know he could comment on any photo but still oh gosh ㅠㅠ

Everytime I read the rap lyrics of Jiyong, I felt like he had some feelings about their relationship, but yeah, I know it's too delusional hahahaha.

Oh well, enjoy guys. I'll be back with another chapter. Soon kekekeke ~

PEACE XOXO